d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > So I Just Restarted Playing Wow After 5 Years
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 68,953.15
Trader: Mediator
Jan 5 2020 03:51am
Sup guys,

so I just restarted playing WoW yesterday after a taking a break for multiple years and I just thought I'd jump straight into Classic.

I created an undead rogue (because I've always been a Horde player) and it took me almost a full day to level up to level 12 and finish the Brill questing area.
After every other kill I had to take a break to eat some food, I've died like 10 times because I accidentally pulled more than I could handle and everything is just slow and the endless walking can be exhausting.
And in my opinion that's totally awesome!

Feels like in Classic you can embrace the game more for what it is. In retail I'd never take the time to level up my professions because I just wouldn't give a f. But now, upon being only level 12 I've got Alchemy on 75 and Herbalism on 85. :)

Does anyone have any tips for newcomers in Classic? Like what is the best way to save up some gold in order to be able to buy a mount upon hitting level 40 and 60?
If I remember correctly then it helps if you reach a good reputation, e.g. exalted. So what's the best way to do that?

Thanks,
Collinz

Gold: 1,789.20
Jan 5 2020 02:32pm
Welcome back,
I would suggest not buying anything that isnt absolutely necessary, even certain skills you might not want to buy if they arent beneficial to your play style.

While leveling I suggest
1. Learn First Aid skill - create as many free bandages as possible
2. Pick up everything no matter what it is and vendor for easy money.
3. Questing to level is quicker then just running dungeons, but DO run dungeons when you unlock quests for them. Gearing up is crucial for questing solo.
4. Play the AH with rare BOE's you find while questing / running dungeons. (get the addon Auctioneer? i believe its called)
5. Kill almost everything you see that is in your level range. You always want to be 1-2 levels above the zone you are leveling in.

some useful addons if you want to give yourself the extra help would be
Questie
Auctioneer
DeadlyBossMods

Also, the mounts you unlock are specific to the class you play. Undead mount unlock is found below
These skeletal horses can be bought from Zachariah Post in Brill in Tirisfal Glades. (Coordinates: 59.8, 52.6)

GLHF!

This post was edited by Silvino on Jan 5 2020 02:37pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 5 2020 02:45pm
Pickpocketing is a good way to make gold to earn your level 40 mount, the mobs in STV on the beaches north of grim’gol. You can also get epics from the boxes you obtain, as well as materials such as blinding powder and other poison reagents.
Gold: 3,461.00
Jan 8 2020 10:20am
Vendor Discounts happen at reputation honored and at PVP Rank 3. FYI. You get no extra discount from being revered / exalted

Level 40 mount should be easily obtainable @ 40 as long as you dont spend any of your gold unecessarily. You will probably have to farm a little bit to get the 800 gold needed for epic mount. (800 gold if you are honored + sergeant rank Make sure you get both before buying)
Jan 9 2020 03:21am
Thanks very much for the great input guys!

Would you recommend buying new one handed swords from the AH occasionally (every 5 levels or so if a good deal arises) or will spending 1-2 gold each weapon every few levels limit my possibility to obtain the mount at 40? Right now I have the possibility to buy two weapons for 2,5g total which would double my current damage.

I have in the meantime made it to lvl 22 with herbalism, alchemy and first aid on 150 without having spent a single dime for it in the auction house.

Where would you recommend me leveling on 22? (horde) and at which level would you recommend going into the Stranglethorn vale?
Jan 9 2020 12:01pm
Quote (CoLLiNz @ Jan 9 2020 04:21am)
Thanks very much for the great input guys!

Would you recommend buying new one handed swords from the AH occasionally (every 5 levels or so if a good deal arises) or will spending 1-2 gold each weapon every few levels limit my possibility to obtain the mount at 40? Right now I have the possibility to buy two weapons for 2,5g total which would double my current damage.

I have in the meantime made it to lvl 22 with herbalism, alchemy and first aid on 150 without having spent a single dime for it in the auction house.

Where would you recommend me leveling on 22? (horde) and at which level would you recommend going into the Stranglethorn vale?

Dont spend money on weapons, just get sword of omen or vanquisher or w/e it is from SM when you get high enough to do the quest
Gold: 1,905.10
Jan 12 2020 08:02pm
If you really do want enough gold for the mount at 40 you can ah every cloth you find, starting from linen.
But then again you might want it for first aid, but it's a way thats most likely gonna get you that gold.

But herbalism or mining is probably the smarter way to go, but suggestion above if you dont like gathering

This post was edited by sienq on Jan 12 2020 08:03pm
Jan 12 2020 11:38pm
Jesus guys I really try to save the money but I'm almost broke, even though I only learn the necessary skills and play around with the AH once in a while (I'm trying to sell all the greens).

At what point can I start earning money with herbalism and alchemy and how is it done? I am now lvl 29 with alchemy 150, herbalism 190 and first aid 225.

Quote (sienq @ 13 Jan 2020 03:02)
If you really do want enough gold for the mount at 40 you can ah every cloth you find, starting from linen.
But then again you might want it for first aid, but it's a way thats most likely gonna get you that gold.

But herbalism or mining is probably the smarter way to go, but suggestion above if you dont like gathering

Is linen really worth selling? I am picking everything up as I walk so I have managed to store around 15 stacks of linen on the bank without needing it. Should I keep these for my next char someday or would you really suggest selling them for only around 5s per stack?
Jan 13 2020 02:46pm
I just made a mage with those profs had double my mount gold by time I hit 40. And that's casual.
Jan 13 2020 03:20pm
Quote (smp01 @ 13 Jan 2020 21:46)
I just made a mage with those profs had double my mount gold by time I hit 40. And that's casual.

Yeah but how do I do it? Right now I only make gold by the occasional selling of green or seldomly blue items on the auction house :)
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll