d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Gary Neville Speech Against Racism > After Incident During Spurs Vs Chelsea
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,100.00
Dec 24 2019 10:12am
Quote (zarkadon @ 24 Dec 2019 16:45)
The thing is, can you imagine this kind of situation being a thing in other jobs? Would it be reasonable to force a female teacher that was found to have a tinder profile to keep working while a group of backwards conservative parents are shouting "STAY AWAY FROM OUR KIDS, SLUT!" outside the building?

I mean, as much as I love banter in football, I do feel like workers have the right to do their jobs without feeling harassed. And it's arbitrary to not treat football players as any other worker.

I don’t think the comparison is valid but let‘s just assume it is.
The point I am getting is „public discrimination“:
I cannot just imagine that - it actually happens (in other forms, also without consequences)
Just see the situation about male midwifes, kindergarden worker etc.

I am not sure if you get me right - if the teacher stops working or the Football players stop playing and that serves the purpose, I highly encourage them to keep on doing so

I just don’t see it working and thus far (particularly here) nobody has told me about how things would actually work

The only thing that I can see is working is when play is stopped and the uproar of the neutral Fans is so big that they will sort things out themselves. Then again you‘ll have other forms of violence

This post was edited by Andi on Dec 24 2019 10:13am
Gold: 3.33
Dec 24 2019 10:46am
The UK is the least racist country in the world. There are a few idiots like anywhere else and we should do more.

I actually think football fans are generally more racist than the general population in most countries, though. Football rivalry attracts the hooligan types
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 25 2019 03:26am
Quote (dro94 @ 24 Dec 2019 17:46)
The UK is the least racist country in the world. There are a few idiots like anywhere else and we should do more.

I actually think football fans are generally more racist than the general population in most countries, though. Football rivalry attracts the hooligan types

that's quite funny coming from someone who insists there is widespread anti-semitism in one of your major parties, and considering some of the driving factors (and rhetoric) behind brexit.

that said, i DO believe that those outright racist scumbags are a relatively small minority, and obviously not representative of all of the UK, but it sure doesn't help to solve the problem when people pretend it's not that bad, just because it's uncomfortable to admit.
i'm just glad it doesn't happen in the bundesliga on such a regular basis, although i'm concerned it might devolve somewhat, given the racism problems in lower leagues, and the general rise of right wing populism and bigotry in germany...
Gold: 3.33
Dec 25 2019 04:02am
Quote (fender @ Dec 25 2019 09:26am)
that's quite funny coming from someone who insists there is widespread anti-semitism in one of your major parties, and considering some of the driving factors (and rhetoric) behind brexit.

that said, i DO believe that those outright racist scumbags are a relatively small minority, and obviously not representative of all of the UK, but it sure doesn't help to solve the problem when people pretend it's not that bad, just because it's uncomfortable to admit.
i'm just glad it doesn't happen in the bundesliga on such a regular basis, although i'm concerned it might devolve somewhat, given the racism problems in lower leagues, and the general rise of right wing populism and bigotry in germany...

There is widespread anti-semitism in one of our major parties and is one of the reasons the British people decided they weren't fit to lead the country.
Gold: 57.00
Dec 26 2019 11:43am
Quote (dro94 @ 25 Dec 2019 05:02)
There is widespread anti-semitism in one of our major parties and is one of the reasons the British people decided they weren't fit to lead the country.

well said my friend!
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 26 2019 05:58pm
Quote (dro94 @ 25 Dec 2019 11:02)

so anti-semitism is 'widespread' in britains largest party, xenophobia and anti-immigrant sentiment rampant amongst the political right and one of the major factors behind the brexit vote, racist abuse a regular occurrence in the premier league, yet somehow the UK is still the 'least racist country in the world'?
reminds me of:

Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll