d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Why Do U Have To Download Every Damn Game
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 19 2019 08:37pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (jlhromeo @ Dec 19 2019 06:11pm)
You just earned yourself a degree with that logic.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo
Gold: 3,267.50
Dec 20 2019 03:58am
Quote (HomeRun916 @ Dec 19 2019 09:37pm)
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo

Hmmm
Gold: 81,680.73
Dec 20 2019 06:30am
Quote (HomeRun916 @ Dec 19 2019 09:37pm)

Thanks for the laugh this morning, kiddo. Thanks for also proving age is just a number and not everyone grows up.
Dec 20 2019 09:28am
Gold: 3,502.50
Dec 20 2019 02:04pm
Good to see you got a Xbox brother I hope your experience with it gets better.

I got a handful of games so shoot me a message and I'll add you on Xbox gamertag ect. :santa:
Gold: 0.25
Dec 24 2019 12:26pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Dec 14 2019 01:22am)
in b4 "ok boomer" but if i buy a game, have the disc, why wont it just play? Takes forever to download every stupid game. Shouldn't there be a "play from disc" option?

The reason why the games install isn't because it loads faster.. I mean it might do but that wasn't the intention.

Originally xbox had a concept in place that when you installed the game you woild no longer need to have that disc in your console to play it... As a result many MANY people too advantage of this bought games installed them and then returned the game after or sold it on etc. They also then gave the game to friends to install so only 1 had to be bought.

As a result xbox then introduced a combat mechanism to which the game had to then be installed but the disc also had to be put into the xbox every 24 hours to register that you still owned the game. However again people were finding bypasses for this such as sharing the game with a local friend and just putting it in and whatnot.

Which is why they now require the game to be installed because that's how they had it designed but also now have to have the disc present in order to play the game.

The only exception to this is buying the game via download or redeem codes. Which allows you to share via setting home accounts on other consoles. Which was the limiting factor due to all the original people taking advantage of the way it was designed.

I can't recall the "codename" for the concept originally set in place, but it is now obsolete due to people taking advantage and Microsoft having to combat it. But as it stands the console needs to install the disc duento how the consoles being made originally with the concept set in place.

Hope this answers your question.

Edit, also as an additional benifit which again wasn't necessarily intended. Is that if you were to damage your disc, so long as the game coild read the start it would therefore be able to run the entire game due to being installed and saved

This post was edited by LevyGaming on Dec 24 2019 12:33pm
Dec 24 2019 04:30pm
I don't think the concept you speak of ever went live and got abused. It was merely a concept and they backpedaled on it due to the mass outcry for the always connected concept during xbox one pre launch. I could be wrong here but I've had consoles for a long time now and never remember this actually being a reality.

As far back as I can remember, every xbox game I've ever bought on disc needed the disc in to play for the liscence check. I could eject the disc after that and play the game still (if it was installed and not simply running off the disc) but once I quit, I had to put the disc back in to play again.

Also, there is a considerable difference in read speeds between a blue ray drive and a hard drive. The blu ray drive in the base xbox one is a 6x (not sure if s/x models increased it, probably not) which has a max read speed of 27mb/sec. The 5400rpm internal samsung momentus has a read speed of 84mb/sec, almost 3 times faster.
Gold: 0.25
Dec 24 2019 05:19pm
Quote (jlhromeo @ Dec 24 2019 10:30pm)
I don't think the concept you speak of ever went live and got abused. It was merely a concept and they backpedaled on it due to the mass outcry for the always connected concept during xbox one pre launch. I could be wrong here but I've had consoles for a long time now and never remember this actually being a reality.

As far back as I can remember, every xbox game I've ever bought on disc needed the disc in to play for the liscence check. I could eject the disc after that and play the game still (if it was installed and not simply running off the disc) but once I quit, I had to put the disc back in to play again.

Also, there is a considerable difference in read speeds between a blue ray drive and a hard drive. The blu ray drive in the base xbox one is a 6x (not sure if s/x models increased it, probably not) which has a max read speed of 27mb/sec. The 5400rpm internal samsung momentus has a read speed of 84mb/sec, almost 3 times faster.

It was released and tested and didn't last long at all because of the abuse around it.
From. What I read a while back anyway.

Was trying to find the literature around my statement for more accurate information but can't recall where it was or how I came across it
Dec 24 2019 06:49pm
Quote (LevyGaming @ Dec 24 2019 06:19pm)
It was released and tested and didn't last long at all because of the abuse around it.
From. What I read a while back anyway.

Was trying to find the literature around my statement for more accurate information but can't recall where it was or how I came across it

Gotcha, I must have missed it. I can easily see how it would be abused.
Warn: 20%
Dec 25 2019 07:53am
Ur first issue is buying disks
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll