d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MOBA > League of Legends > I Want To Introduce You To > A Guy On My Friends List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.20
Warn: 40%
Dec 11 2019 11:03am
I can't remember when i met him, but its been at least 2 years now.

https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=SG+vista

This guy, for whatever reason is playing out of Saigon (SG) Vietnam (Ho chi mihn)

200 + ping ( he G's it for me just to remind me sometimes)

Its been a roller coaster with this guy.

When i first met him, he was hovering bronze 5.

He'd always go from b5 to bronze 1 100 lp and nosedive again.

Season 9 i watched him go from bronze to silver, back to bronze again and then back to silver.

When i've asked him why he wanted to torture himself, he replied that his home servers are toxic af, that NA has a better grasp of meta.

All that aside. Its impressive af to be that dedicated. Every season he plays massive ammounts of games.

Every game he plays is laggy.

Its interesting to see him pickup champs for OTP them for 50-100 games based on the meta/whats easy to play with 200 ping.

Most impressively is managing a 50+ % win rate on a few champs over 3 seasons playing.

Back when i used to have facebook i added him, and sure enough dudes asian af and lives in Vietnam.

I guess this goes to show you can't always judge the person inting your games.

Maybe they are sitting in a sweaty internet cafe somewhere in indonesia.

Dudes never raged either.

Never once seen him complain.

Not all heroes wear capes.
Gold: 22,393.07
Dec 11 2019 01:10pm
Tbh that ping ain't that bad as long as it's stable. Used to boost on 225 ping on oce lol. Wi-Fi though is a diff story.

Curious that he mains sivir though cause it's actually kinda hard to spell shield properly on high ping. Graves and lee can be super clunky too

I would agree on the toxicity cause oce is pretty similar, but why doesn't he play on Chinese or Korean servers if he's concerned about the meta?

This post was edited by potentate on Dec 11 2019 01:40pm
Dec 11 2019 01:43pm
Quote (potentate @ Dec 11 2019 12:10pm)
Tbh that ping ain't that bad as long as it's stable. Used to boost on 225 ping on oce lol. Wi-Fi though is a diff story.

Curious that he mains sivir though cause it's actually kinda hard to spell shield properly on high ping

I would agree on the toxicity cause oce is pretty similar, but why doesn't he play on Chinese or Korean servers if he's concerned about the meta?

His English was pretty good, i think theres a sub culture of western fanboys in some parts of asia.
Kinda like the asian version of weeabo.
Or like LS is a NA Korean fanboy.
He enjoys playing with and/or against north Americans despite the slight disadvantage.
At least that's what i understood. He mentioned being no higher than plat in his region.
So kinda lag smurfing in bronze-silver. lol
Gold: 0.00
Dec 12 2019 03:20pm
I played games in Guam for 8 years, on NA servers.
Island in the middle of the ocean, approximately between East Aus and Japan.
Internet service of 6 Mbps for the first 4 years, upgraded to 10, 20, and left at 50 (yes, we had the best service they offered when they offered it).
Ping averaging at 140, rarely (almost never) below 90, and occasionally in the 200+ range.
50%+ win rate isn't impressive, that's what the game is trying to do, match you somewhere where a 50% win rate is likely.
If you're bouncing between the same set of ranks and maintaining a ~50% win rate, that's probably where you currently belong.

Played in top PvP guilds on GW2 in WvW, leading to the top server in the first season.
Joined top guilds in ArcheAge and tanked/healed for server first world boss and raid completions.
CS:GO ranked DMG with a 8 win streak (an inch away from LE) prior to rank update, which demoted me after a single loss (regardless of the win streak).
And just for luls, maintained over a 50% win rate in over 5000+ ARAM games with a win streak of 27 at one point :lol:
Oh, and maxed on RuneScape... but... that doesn't matter, cuz the game is 90% afkable anyways.

Point is, if that's what you have to work with, you suck it up and learn to live with it.
If it's something that is consistent, and not jumping around, then it's manageable.

Currently have 940 Mbps service and average 10-40 ping. Some things seem easier, but most things seem about the same.
Unfortunately, I no longer teleport walk on CS:GO, so they kill me easier :rofl:
Gold: 5,114.30
Dec 15 2019 07:16am
Quote (Kokua @ Dec 12 2019 04:20pm)
I played games in Guam for 8 years, on NA servers.
Island in the middle of the ocean, approximately between East Aus and Japan.
Internet service of 6 Mbps for the first 4 years, upgraded to 10, 20, and left at 50 (yes, we had the best service they offered when they offered it).
Ping averaging at 140, rarely (almost never) below 90, and occasionally in the 200+ range.
50%+ win rate isn't impressive, that's what the game is trying to do, match you somewhere where a 50% win rate is likely.
If you're bouncing between the same set of ranks and maintaining a ~50% win rate, that's probably where you currently belong.

Played in top PvP guilds on GW2 in WvW, leading to the top server in the first season.
Joined top guilds in ArcheAge and tanked/healed for server first world boss and raid completions.
CS:GO ranked DMG with a 8 win streak (an inch away from LE) prior to rank update, which demoted me after a single loss (regardless of the win streak).
And just for luls, maintained over a 50% win rate in over 5000+ ARAM games with a win streak of 27 at one point :lol:
Oh, and maxed on RuneScape... but... that doesn't matter, cuz the game is 90% afkable anyways.

Point is, if that's what you have to work with, you suck it up and learn to live with it.
If it's something that is consistent, and not jumping around, then it's manageable.

Currently have 940 Mbps service and average 10-40 ping. Some things seem easier, but most things seem about the same.
Unfortunately, I no longer teleport walk on CS:GO, so they kill me easier :rofl:

You sound exactly like my brother. He’s stationed in Guam right now.
Dec 15 2019 10:55am
Quote (Kath @ Dec 15 2019 06:16am)

Hey its me, your brother.
Gold: 371.38
Dec 17 2019 12:34am
Quote (Kath @ Dec 15 2019 05:16am)

is he hot??
Go Back To League of Legends Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll