d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Can Someone Explain? > Curious
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 590.00
Dec 10 2019 10:32am
Quote (scoundrelK @ Dec 10 2019 10:05am)
I remember that reset because the unid anni I bought for like 400fg was worth around 8k after the massive ban wave. If I said I didn't care about botters I would be lying, but botting itself doesn't destroy an economy this quickly - it's impatient people looking for quick sales. If people don't want to pay X for an item, then they simply won't have the item. But you better believe someone with the $ will want it and pay for it. People just want a quick coin, so they perpetually undercut everyone which drives the prices down at an exponential rate. Back to what you said though, I do wish we could have a guaranteed no botting season reset because I am certain the economy would flourish and people would play the game for longer than 1-3 weeks. It is what it is though, the game is still fun without this forum :)

Well with that speech being said. The game time gets shorter, people get older, people are “busy”. No one “new” all of a sudden plays this game. You are dealing with people that have been playing this game since childhood. So in reality, what you say wouldn’t matter. Everyone playing this game is 29 and above.
Gold: 824.42
Dec 10 2019 10:34am
Make D2JSP Great Again
Gold: 870.00
Dec 10 2019 10:39am
Quote (PebbleCrusher @ Dec 10 2019 08:28am)
Wrong. HR was the currency. A LOT of people miss that

It doesn't really make sense to call high runes a currency, in the true sense of currency, without bots or dupes. They're too scarce and not fungible enough to play the role of a currency. They would be more like a store of value. Trying to buy a ravenclaw with a HR is like trying to buy a burger with an oz. of gold. You need something more fungible. Trading HR's is just a relatively advanced system of barter, but still far less efficient than a true monetary system.

The game wasn't designed with automation in mind, so automation is what allows the market to be flooded, since bots can work harder than any human is willing to. Unlike real life, where automation is a boon because it frees up human time to be innovative, there isn't room to do much innovation in-game, since the rules of what you can do are set by the code.
Gold: 870.00
Dec 10 2019 10:40am
Nevertheless, I have enjoyed being able to play overpowered builds that I never could when I was 16 :P
Gold: 8,059.50
Dec 10 2019 10:46am
Quote (Destructulus @ Dec 10 2019 10:39am)
It doesn't really make sense to call high runes a currency, in the true sense of currency, without bots or dupes. They're too scarce and not fungible enough to play the role of a currency. They would be more like a store of value. Trying to buy a ravenclaw with a HR is like trying to buy a burger with an oz. of gold. You need something more fungible. Trading HR's is just a relatively advanced system of barter, but still far less efficient than a true monetary system.

The game wasn't designed with automation in mind, so automation is what allows the market to be flooded, since bots can work harder than any human is willing to. Unlike real life, where automation is a boon because it frees up human time to be innovative, there isn't room to do much innovation in-game, since the rules of what you can do are set by the code.

people didnt care. thats the difference. It was never everEVER about getting rich. it was about playing the game. ppl giving ist or ohm for headstriker cuz they needed a weapon. This happened. and people didnt care. The only reason it seems ridiculous now, is because people are super selfish and want to horde wealth
Gold: 85,550.00
Dec 10 2019 10:48am
Quote (HerbaLz @ Dec 10 2019 10:32am)
Well with that speech being said. The game time gets shorter, people get older, people are “busy”. No one “new” all of a sudden plays this game. You are dealing with people that have been playing this game since childhood. So in reality, what you say wouldn’t matter. Everyone playing this game is 29 and above.

If we are considering the D2 experience to be tied to jsp, it would significantly slow down the game's progression though, allowing the more casual player to stay with the curve instead of being left in the dust as far as botting items is concerned. If you are playing the game to make fg and buy/sell items early on, you either get lucky in the first few days or wait 5 1/2 months for next reset.

Quote (Destructulus @ Dec 10 2019 10:40am)
Nevertheless, I have enjoyed being able to play overpowered builds that I never could when I was 16 :P

This is the only reason I even started using jsp (outside of the dope community, ofc). I don't know about everyone else, but I simply don't have the time to grind hours on end just to find a stormshield or a single piece of a final build I want for a character.
Dec 10 2019 10:53am
Quote (scoundrelK @ Dec 10 2019 10:48am)
If we are considering the D2 experience to be tied to jsp, it would significantly slow down the game's progression though, allowing the more casual player to stay with the curve instead of being left in the dust as far as botting items is concerned. If you are playing the game to make fg and buy/sell items early on, you either get lucky in the first few days or wait 5 1/2 months for next reset.

This is the only reason I even started using jsp (outside of the dope community, ofc). I don't know about everyone else, but I simply don't have the time to grind hours on end just to find a stormshield or a single piece of a final build I want for a character.

its like being a low ranking member of the german government in the 1930s. You can say it is a bad idea, but how much resistance are you really gonna push back with?
Gold: 85,550.00
Dec 10 2019 10:59am
Quote (PebbleCrusher @ Dec 10 2019 10:53am)
its like being a low ranking member of the german government in the 1930s. You can say it is a bad idea, but how much resistance are you really gonna push back with?

I mean, zero. I'm pretty indifferent either way. Was originally just asking if the economy was worth starting late if I was interested in trying to make some coin. But I'm cool with reminiscing on glory ladders as well.
Gold: 0.81
Dec 10 2019 11:02am
who reopened this 2009 thread?
Dec 10 2019 11:04am
Quote (scoundrelK @ Dec 10 2019 10:59am)
I mean, zero. I'm pretty indifferent either way. Was originally just asking if the economy was worth starting late if I was interested in trying to make some coin. But I'm cool with reminiscing on glory ladders as well.

I agree. And if we could go back in time and refuse to implement jsp, we would,. but playing without jsp now? May as well play single player. Purpose of the ladder is to play as a community. Who wants to play that far behind 99% of others? Haha, which reminds me. I was killing bad guys on act 1 hell this ladder with a grinding bastard sword of lightning. I bought it from Larzuk. ROFL
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll