d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Is Taxation Theft
Prev1192021222325Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1.93
Dec 6 2019 10:44pm
Quote (LA-Leviathan @ Dec 7 2019 03:43pm)
Then you know exactly why this occurs, which is antithetical to your belief system btw and you also know and choose to ignore about a million other things that occur far more often and would oppose your worldview.

*shrug.

The fact is you can't effectively regulate human nature anyways, humans just adapt then you need to make more regulation until all you have is slavery and oppression. Ah yes, the government lefties love.

No system is perfect but if you think removing regulations will be an improvement then you are insane and do not actually live on the same planet as the rest of us.
Gold: 12.79
Dec 6 2019 10:50pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Dec 6 2019 11:44pm)
No system is perfect but if you think removing regulations will be an improvement then you are insane and do not actually live on the same planet as the rest of us.

Lol, I mean the commonwealth legal system is not that different from American Law. Lawmakers literally pass bills everyday that fuck up everything because they think one thing will happen and it literally never turns out that way. Without getting into some super detailed nuanced thing here are some simple things.

Phone contracts in the US. Buy a 1000 dollar phone. Pick a 2 year contract or a 3 year contract. $1000 gets divided however you would like over your term. People cry that phones don't last 3 years and demands that government steps in to stop the evil phone company. Phone company makes 3 year plans illegal. Ok, so companies now only have 2 year plans, good job you fixed nothing.

Minimum wage laws, I can do a no skill job like flipping burgers for the cost of $10 an hour, but shit people can't live on $10 an hour. No problem, govt is just gonna make it so I as an evil employer have to pay $20. Problem solved! Except no, because now I just fire everyone or I automate.

Hey let's do a wealth tax! Nah cyah I'm just gonna flee, etc. etc. etc.

Regulation never works as intended, you are trying to tell me you were in some important position in a major company and you are trying to tell me regulation fixes things? Ok.

The most ironic thing of this is that you hate evil corps so much but all that crony capitalism only exists because these companies are protected by crooked politicians (government) that only have that power because people like you think they would fix things and want to keep giving these same crooks more money and power. Oh yeah they fixed shit all right, for their billionaire buddies.

This post was edited by LA-Leviathan on Dec 6 2019 10:54pm
Gold: 7,526.30
Dec 6 2019 10:52pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Dec 6 2019 11:40pm)
Because corporations are literally mandated to drive profits by any means necessary, the more regulations you remove the more they will try to get away with.
I understand you live in a basement and read mises all day and have never had a job, i spent the last 6 years in a senior role with a fortune 500 company and have witnessed first hand multiple law violations where we decided it was worth risking a pissant fine for the potential gains.
I saw bonuses given out for illegal activities.

You are presupposing all regulations are good anti-corporate restrictions on terrible behavior rather than often being counterproductive, unnecessary and often supported by big corporations looking for advantages over potential competitors.
I support removing anti-liberty regulations that fit the latter type of description.
I am not in favor of letting corporations do whatever they want when it harms or defrauds other people.

I just mentioned the term regulatory capture. Are you familiar with what that is?
Big corporations often support and lobby for various regulations.

Bragging about how successful of a business person you are and pretending that makes you right is another fallacious and douchey move.
Yes I have spent alot of time reading books and articles from thats like mises.org to actually become knowledgable about these topics. I don't ignorantly run my mouth like some other people in this discussion. Thats not a bad thing.

Under the current statist paradigm you decided breaking the law was worth risking a fine. Ok? How does that refute anything I have said?
Did I claim there are no bad actors and anyone working for a corporation always does good? No.
Instead this idea stems from your delusions and dishonest mischaracterizations of me.
Dec 6 2019 10:54pm
Quote (LA-Leviathan @ Dec 7 2019 03:50pm)
Lol, I mean the commonwealth legal system is not that different from American Law. Lawmakers literally pass bills everyday that fuck up everything because they think one thing will happen and it literally never turns out that way. Without getting into some super detailed nuanced thing here are some simple things.

Phone contracts in the US. Buy a 1000 dollar phone. Pick a 2 year contract or a 3 year contract. $1000 gets divided however you would like over your term. People cry that phones don't last 3 years and demands that government steps in to stop the evil phone company. Phone company makes 3 year plans illegal. Ok, so companies now only have 2 year plans, good job you fixed nothing.

Minimum wage laws, I can do a no skill job like flipping burgers for the cost of $10 an hour, but shit people can't live on $10 an hour. No problem, govt is just gonna make it so I as an evil employer have to pay $20. Problem solved! Except no, because now I just fire everyone or I automate.

Hey let's do a wealth tax! Nah cyah I'm just gonna flee, etc. etc. etc.

Regulation never works as intended, you are trying to tell me you were in some important position in a major company and you are trying to tell me regulation fixes things? Ok.

You do realise every full time job was a living wage not even 30 years ago right?
Corporate greed caused this issue.
Dec 6 2019 10:55pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Dec 7 2019 03:52pm)
You are presupposing all regulations are good anti-corporate restrictions on terrible behavior rather than often being counterproductive, unnecessary and often supported by big corporations looking for advantages over potential competitors.
I support removing anti-liberty regulations that fit the latter type of description.
I am not in favor of letting corporations do whatever they want when it harms or defrauds other people.

I just mentioned the term regulatory capture. Are you familiar with what that is?
Big corporations often support and lobby for various regulations.

Bragging about how successful of a business person you are and pretending that makes you right is another fallacious and douchey move.
Yes I have spent alot of time reading books and articles from thats like mises.org to actually become knowledgable about these topics. I don't ignorantly run my mouth like some other people in this discussion. Thats not a bad thing.

Under the current statist paradigm you decided breaking the law was worth risking a fine. Ok? How does that refute anything I have said?
Did I claim there are no bad actors and anyone working for a corporation always does good? No.
Instead this idea stems from your delusions and dishonest mischaracterizations of me.

If the fine was bigger it wouldn't have been worth it ;)
Gold: 11,571.00
Dec 6 2019 10:58pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Dec 6 2019 11:40pm)
Because corporations are literally mandated to drive profits by any means necessary, the more regulations you remove the more they will try to get away with.
I understand you live in a basement and read mises all day and have never had a job, i spent the last 6 years in a senior role with a fortune 500 company and have witnessed first hand multiple law violations where we decided it was worth risking a pissant fine for the potential gains.
I saw bonuses given out for illegal activities.

Westpac bank finally got caught here for 23 MILLION money laundering crimes, the ceo had to step down over the share price hit, he got a 2.7 million dollar payout on his way out.

>There were regulations (laws) to prevent deviant behavior we went on anyways

>More regulations will solve the deviancy

:rolleyes:

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Dec 6 2019 10:59pm
Dec 6 2019 10:59pm
Is opposing a ban on feeding homeless people an example of corporate bootlicking and a necessary regulation to prevent disaster?

How about opposing failed rent control policies?

The EPA has a number of crazy and excessive regulations.
Take this case for example:
Mike and Chantell Sackett of Idaho were present to share their tragic story. The couple bought a plot of land to build a house on back in 2006. Mike and Chantell made sure that they were following all of the laws before starting construction. Chantell even met with an Army of Engineers official who informed her that they did not need a permit to build a house on their own land.

Imagine their surprise when as soon as they started construction, three federal officials showed up on their property and demanded that they stop building the house claiming the lot was a wetland, protected under the Clean Water Act. The EPA threatened the Sackett family with daily fines of $32,000 if they did not remove fill material and replant vegetation. The federal bureaucrats informed the Sackett couple that they would face criminal penalties if they continued to build the house on their own land.

The federal agency had the nerve to bully Mike and Chantell on their own property. Unfortunately, the Sackett case is not unique. Thousands and thousands of Americans share similar stories of EPA abuse. The EPA has continuously violated our fundamental right to private property. Our Founding Fathers would be ashamed by how dangerously out of control the federal government has become.

http://www.freedomworks.org/content/senator-rand-paul-fights-abusive-epa

Is that regulation necessary and proper and removing it would be evil?
Or has it caused undue distress and threats to a family concerning what they do with their own property?

If the fine was bigger it wouldn't have been worth it ;)

So you have a quibble with your government over what you think the size of a fine should have been and it wasn't at all relevant to my post and your false claims. Interesting.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Dec 6 2019 11:00pm
Dec 6 2019 11:01pm
Just saw this

Dec 6 2019 11:01pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Dec 7 2019 03:59pm)
Is opposing a ban on feeding homeless people an example of corporate bootlicking and a necessary regulation to prevent disaster?

How about opposing failed rent control policies?

The EPA has a number of crazy and excessive regulations.
Take this case for example:

Is that regulation necessary and proper and removing it would be evil?
Or has it caused undue distress and threats to a family concerning what they do with their own property?

So you have a quibble with your government over what you think the size of a fine should have been and it wasn't at all relevant to my post and your false claims. Interesting.

Lol more intellectual dishonesty from the deflection king.
Less red tape would not have improved the issue, more consequences would have. 100% relevant and your pathetic shilling doesn't change that.

Quote (cambovenzi @ Dec 7 2019 04:01pm)

Then move to somalia, society has a cost.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Dec 6 2019 11:02pm
Dec 6 2019 11:05pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Dec 7 2019 12:01am)
Lol more intellectual dishonesty from the deflection king.
Less red tape would not have improved the issue, more consequences would have. 100% relevant and your pathetic shilling doesn't change that.

Im not deflecting anything.
You are the one repeatedly deflecting with personal anecdotes and snobbery, irrelevant rich women quotes, and fines that have nothing to do with the points being made.

Desperately accusing me of "pathetic shilling" when you are YET AGAIN refuted and exposed as an anti-intellectual simpleton is quite rich.

Falsely accusing people of being corporate shills instead of addressing their arguments is whats actually pathetic.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Dec 6 2019 11:06pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1192021222325Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll