d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Any Star Citizen Players?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Nov 30 2019 04:14pm
Anyone here play star citizen? Trying to get an org going, thanks.

Nov 30 2019 07:31pm
i played last december but there wasn't enough content to keep me engaged for more than a few days and it was a buggy mess (while amusing not something i wanted to sink a lot of time into) has it changed significantly in the last year? I really haven't followed it.
Dec 10 2019 10:14pm
Quote (cappichino @ Nov 30 2019 08:31pm)
i played last december but there wasn't enough content to keep me engaged for more than a few days and it was a buggy mess (while amusing not something i wanted to sink a lot of time into) has it changed significantly in the last year? I really haven't followed it.

I would say that there is some really cool stuff you can get into. there are missions that are fully voice acted and animated with a real high level of fidelity.

There are bounty hunter missions where you need a dog-fighting ship and you get in there and lock on with your missiles and avoid incoming fire using chaffs and flares and hope for the best (very fun by the way)

There are commodities trading and cargo trading where you can load up a freight ship and make some huge profits, all at the risk of being hunted down by another player or NPC.

There is now mining and FPS mining and its working very well. they also added caves so you can go into there and mine

They added ship rental system where you can rent a ship if there is something you want to try (like mining or bounties for example)

Overall I would say that it's improving big time and 3.8 which is coming in a few weeks is going to add some amazing features supposedly. Like a new planet and new ships, new missions and up and coming for 3.9 is server meshing which should mean that over 100 people will be in a server.
Very fun things I'm looking forwards to.
Dec 11 2019 08:07am
what about player trading, is that a thing yet?
for example can i join in on a cargo ship and get a share of the profit fairly easily?
Dec 11 2019 12:07pm
Quote (cappichino @ Dec 11 2019 09:07am)
what about player trading, is that a thing yet?
for example can i join in on a cargo ship and get a share of the profit fairly easily?

Yep there is a way to give your friends money and it takes under a minute.

Officially it's not "trading" yet but there is a system to do it.

Very briefly what you do is have you and your friend in a ship , doesn't matter whos ship. But both people have to be inside of it.

If you want to give your friend money you create a beacon for transportation. To the same place you're already at.
You have the friend accept the job.

Then you step 1 foot of the ship. they get paid.

I just gave my friend 30,000 UEC the other day using the method, very good but I'm sure at some point they will implement the official trading.

This post was edited by OneHandSolo on Dec 11 2019 12:08pm
Dec 11 2019 08:11pm
fair ya i'll wait and see what comes with this next patch because it looks like it will be pretty big. then might have to give it another shot, I currently have an avenger titan and an anvil hawk.
Dec 11 2019 08:51pm
Quote (cappichino @ Dec 11 2019 09:11pm)
fair ya i'll wait and see what comes with this next patch because it looks like it will be pretty big. then might have to give it another shot, I currently have an avenger titan and an anvil hawk.

oh wow nice, I have an RSI orion and a drake caterpillar.
i've been doing cargo/commodities trading lately and made a lot of cash from it.

Although they are still doing periodic server wipes because it's in alpha, the rumor going around is that after 3.8 (newest patch) they may not wipe characters anymore.
Dec 11 2019 09:42pm
Quote (OneHandSolo @ Dec 11 2019 09:51pm)
oh wow nice, I have an RSI orion and a drake caterpillar.
i've been doing cargo/commodities trading lately and made a lot of cash from it.

Although they are still doing periodic server wipes because it's in alpha, the rumor going around is that after 3.8 (newest patch) they may not wipe characters anymore.

yeah the lack of wipes will be nice for a game like that, i don't want to take forever to save up for a cutlass or something only to lose it in a few months..... and this from a guy who plays tarkov and lives for the wipe lol.
Dec 13 2019 10:34am
Quote (cappichino @ Dec 11 2019 10:42pm)
yeah the lack of wipes will be nice for a game like that, i don't want to take forever to save up for a cutlass or something only to lose it in a few months..... and this from a guy who plays tarkov and lives for the wipe lol.

They specifically said that they want to try and stop character wiping as soon as possible (ships and money gained)
and only do server wipes

the server wipe would just reset things like dropped objects on moons and planets, and objects inside of containers.
so yeah it is exciting news to hear that is coming.
Jan 7 2020 05:04am
Posting up my new fleet images here

Been working on getting my fleet ready for 4.0 patch up and coming

I might transfer some of my ships to the 890 Jump or something else. not sure yet exactly.

Go Back To Other Games Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll