d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > My Mrs Broke My Mobile Phone, Need Help! > Samsung Note 8
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,968.21
Nov 10 2019 06:47am
So this morning while staying at her sisters she left my phone in the fold up bed and now my phone has a lovely curve to it!

Unbelievably the bottom half of the phone still works. But it is hard to do anything with the top half not working.

1. Is there a way to mirror and use the phone screen onto my laptop without downloading apps onto my phone?

2. What is the best method to back up the phone via USB? When i had iPhones the itunes program on the PC gave a simple method on how to do this, Is there something similar for Samsung?

3. I would like to use my Whatsapp on my PC while the phone is in getting fixed/replaced but you need to take a photo of the QR code to do this. any advice on this?

Thank you in advance to any and all who help me with this!
Gold: 397.77
Nov 10 2019 07:06am
It can be quite a problem getting it to function as you want.

I would suggest you to copy all files when you connect the phone to the computer and save it on your computer.

Just create a folder within a folder with photo/videos/ etc etc

Im not sure if you can mirror it without an app on the phone, incase you cant download from phone, download it on pc and then put it into the phone.

Also if you have insurrance on it, it should cover the damages and provide you with a loaner phone untill yours is fixed.

Not sure how rules and such are where you come from, but in denmark the insurance covers damages like that
Gold: 1,968.21
Nov 10 2019 07:10am
Quote (TeemoSoloOnly @ 10 Nov 2019 13:06)
It can be quite a problem getting it to function as you want.

I would suggest you to copy all files when you connect the phone to the computer and save it on your computer.

Just create a folder within a folder with photo/videos/ etc etc

Im not sure if you can mirror it without an app on the phone, incase you cant download from phone, download it on pc and then put it into the phone.

Also if you have insurrance on it, it should cover the damages and provide you with a loaner phone untill yours is fixed.

Not sure how rules and such are where you come from, but in denmark the insurance covers damages like that

Yeah its going to get sorted with the insurance tomorrow just want to get everything off it before it goes :)
Gold: 397.77
Nov 10 2019 07:17am
Quote (turkeytongue @ 10 Nov 2019 14:10)
Yeah its going to get sorted with the insurance tomorrow just want to get everything off it before it goes :)

just connect it to the computer and make folders for the files, then copy them into the folders.

THEN you know for a fact that they are saved.

Goodluck with the company tommorow, hope it works out in your favour

Gold: 60,500.00
Nov 10 2019 10:23am
I know there are programs that can mirror your phone to your PC, but you usually have to press something similar to "Trust this unit" from the phone once you connect to a PC. If you can't do that, then I'm not sure if it's possible.

This post was edited by Orvar on Nov 10 2019 10:25am
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic