d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > D2 Vs D4.
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7.27
Nov 15 2019 09:42am
Quote (Cheetos @ Nov 10 2019 11:41am)
u ok?

you'll get slap't like you did in d2 boi
Gold: 4,564.00
Nov 15 2019 10:27am
All they have to do is to make this game similar to Diablo 2 speaking about.
1. Decent skill tree in which you invest skill points, so it enables you to build a certain class in a lot of effective ways. The way skill tree in D3 works is so bad, like the only thing that changes about offensive skills is the animation, cause eitherway you deal same damage thanks to a "great mechanic" that makes your weapon determine your ability damage.
2. Spell damage =/= weapon damage, it's the worst thing about D3.
3. Bring back uniques that are actually "unique", not like in D3 where there is like milion of unique items + their power also scales with your paragon level I belive...
4. Allow trading between players, I think it's the core mechanic of an online game like this.
5. And so we need golnna need some kind trading currency, I don't mind if it will be gold, runes or smth else.
6. Make a power scaling balance like in D2, where damage numbers were actually low compared to D3 where your skills deal bilions of damage.

This post was edited by CesaRz on Nov 15 2019 10:28am
Gold: 0.30
Nov 15 2019 11:24am
the simplicity of the Attack and Defense stats could actually work in a PvP sense. it will be much easier to balance damage and damage reduction for PvP

the reason the numbers were so unbalanced in D3 was because META was to just stack damage items and life steal skills or affixes, leaving the character unbelievably squishy. also, you could do the complete opposite and stack defensive stats and affixes and barely damage anything.
judging by the look of the slower game-play and the way potions work i don't think massive life steal is going to be the META. although without lifesteal the numbers should be a lot lower they will need some kind of higher numbers to kill the late game big bads and things but then they can apply a PvP penalty on the damage accordingly.

simple skills and movement will also help keep it balanced. dumb skills like Haunt and other autoaim BS needs to stay out. fireball kiting looks so clean RN and the most complex skill i saw ,cataclysm, looks like it wouldnt be too broken for PvP as it is AoE
Gold: 183,134.49
Warn: 10%
Nov 15 2019 12:20pm
Quote (JayDub @ Nov 15 2019 12:37pm)
So whats a better design? An open world where Everything levels up with your character like skyrim? Dayz style where the entire map is equally boring? But seriously each design has its own advantages and flaws certain areas will naturally be more populated no matter what.

i have to admit i sat a hour here to answer your question. i wrote paragraphs and paragraphs and deleted it over and over again. it made me realize that i want a simple game to kill monsters and find items again. we dont need world bosses, dungeons, nephalem portals or bottle necks in any kind of way. blizzard tries way too hard to balance the game for everyone.

i want shared loot again. i want to be able to kill people in my game. i want to be able to steal items. i want to be able to kindly share items. i want to negotiate with people to trade items. i want to lowball people. i want to insult people. but at times i dont want any of that and just play solo. i want the cuelty and joy to play with people, instead of just being in a game with randoms which i cant affect nor do they affect me.

edit: i generally want mechanics to feel people bad again at times. it doesn't matter if it's from a game mechanic or a social incident. this way small achievements feel good again.

This post was edited by Celemir on Nov 15 2019 12:29pm
Gold: 150.00
Nov 15 2019 08:49pm
d4 should just be like d2. you create character and you arent in a game yet. just in a lobby with up to 40 randos. and you can create a game if you want or join one. and if u want to be alone you can make your game private. as far as the world? it should just be as it was in d2/d3.

an open world, world bosses........not something i want but i wish thats what they did with d3 IF it had to be so wow-esque they may as well have went all the way instead of making it just the shitty parts of wow fused with diablo.
Gold: 6,396.00
Nov 15 2019 10:18pm
Quote (GSXR @ Nov 9 2019 06:39pm)
If pvp and trading/mfing isn't remotely similar to d2 d4 will also as well be a failure...

Binded items = stupid af.

Pvp/trading to get the best items/builds possible to dominate in pvp on d2 was what made it thrive so well get rid of that you have another d3

Facts
Gold: 9,270.00
Nov 16 2019 12:37pm
that is a good point.

theres OG developers from the old d2 days that have split off.

theres also younger developers hoping to get to that level.

if someone is 25 in 2000 then they are about 45 now.

so younger developers lets say 15 in 2000, now they are 35.

keep the flame alive! one torch lights another torch
Gold: 1,640.00
Nov 16 2019 07:09pm
Quote (Celemir @ Nov 15 2019 01:20pm)
i have to admit i sat a hour here to answer your question. i wrote paragraphs and paragraphs and deleted it over and over again. it made me realize that i want a simple game to kill monsters and find items again. we dont need world bosses, dungeons, nephalem portals or bottle necks in any kind of way. blizzard tries way too hard to balance the game for everyone.

i want shared loot again. i want to be able to kill people in my game. i want to be able to steal items. i want to be able to kindly share items. i want to negotiate with people to trade items. i want to lowball people. i want to insult people. but at times i dont want any of that and just play solo. i want the cuelty and joy to play with people, instead of just being in a game with randoms which i cant affect nor do they affect me.

edit: i generally want mechanics to feel people bad again at times. it doesn't matter if it's from a game mechanic or a social incident. this way small achievements feel good again.

Aside from the shared loot I agree some simple freedoms (used for good or bad by the player base) gave real depth to the social interactions. It's fun playing with random people who could potentially hurt your character or have some negative impact and having to figure out who's trustworthy.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 16 2019 07:55pm
Quote (JayDub @ Nov 16 2019 05:09pm)
Aside from the shared loot I agree some simple freedoms (used for good or bad by the player base) gave real depth to the social interactions. It's fun playing with random people who could potentially hurt your character or have some negative impact and having to figure out who's trustworthy.

that's too... it was a true open trade game... half fun was having good friends you met as well.
Gold: 20,150.00
Nov 17 2019 01:00pm
If they mad a D2 remastered i would still play the game for the next decade not bothering with any new arpg.
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll