d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Return Of The Shaman > A Continuation
Prev1141516171825Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,110.00
Jul 15 2020 03:24am
i kinda want to make a shaman, but dno how effective it will be and if i ever could find a pelt xD

lets say:
2/20/57life/20@ ammu
3grizzly/3fissure/3armageddon/2druid/10fhr/2soc (facet + cham)
2 sojs
bug belt
magefists
shadow dancers
eni of dragon (5max lr and 7 direct dr)
sop + hoto
jmod facet + 6sox facet wep

4 ele sks
5 summons sks
torch
annie
1 x 5fhr/5@
9 * 20/5@

thats 99/99 with 10max lr/fr, 20% dr, cnbf, -55/+55 fire on that side.

was thinking max block on facet side as i see fissure as one of the best spells vs ama/baba/palas.

grizzly stats:
5525 life
21, 3k ar
10652 dmg
85@

fizzure dmg:
3920 * 1,55 = 6000

armageddon dmg:
4920 * 1,55 = 7626
975 * 1,55 = 1511 pr sec burn

volcano dmg:
phy: 850
fire: 1165*1,55 = 1806

moulten dmg:
phy: 1343
fire: 1164 * 1,55 = 1804
burn: 987 * 1,55 = 1529

firestorm:
burn: 5946*1,55 = 9216 pr sec, dno how many of the 3 collums that hits if close, maby 2? so 18432?

so enemies gets - 55 enemy fr dmg.

dno, its viabla?

Jul 15 2020 03:59am
10625 *0,17 = 1806 vs 0 dr enemy
and 903 vs 50% dr enemies.

so we are not talking a 1 or 2 or 3 tap machine.

6000 * 0,17 = 1020
vs 75res thats: 255
vs 90res thats: 102
vs 50res thats: 510
vs 45res thats: 561

so i dno ^^ i know u mix it up, and i like hybrid chars as u can with ur arsenal always apply an form of counter tactic, still i dno, still seems fun.
Gold: 9,050.00
Jul 15 2020 05:52pm
This build looks really fun. It seems it has some weaknesses which could possibly be addressed by putting 1 pt into shockwave. After seeing a shockwave/summon druid video, which was absolutely hilarious to watch, and considering the Shaman for some time, I wonder if there would be a way to reconcile the two builds. Strong Armageddon, or even a geddon with moderate damage potential could also contribute to the damage/stun when someone is locked with shockwave. I am thinking vs. druids and es sorcs with high mana pools that this would be the best strat to take.

thinking more on this, it is a shame that you cannot chain cano/bearstomp with shapeshift-> shockwave due to the 2 second cooldown from cano (only 1/5th-2/5th of the cooldown should be done after your initial telestomp), and conversely doing a tele/shapeshift-> shockwave will keep you on cooldown for 1 second after you reconvert, so these two strategies would have to be performed independently from each other. Unless of course you take advantage of the 10 second swirlies by tossing a cano on them, which would be a guaranteed stun allowing for an easy cano/bear stomp... and followed up with either a 1 second wait to shapeshift and shockwave, or consecutive teleport swipes (is it more dmg to directly tele on them or should one tele off and back on?) such a build would likely benefit more from shapeshifting charms as to make bear stronger, with 9x ele gcs in stash when fire spells are needed.

Bear is a really cool way to make up for fire druids last of non-cooldown spells (firestorm should not have a cooldown imo), but I question if it is enough. Until recently, the only combo I thought that could work, although weak, would be a wind/fire hybrid, but upon learning of these shockwave summon druids, it really makes me wonder if the shock shaman is a more viable approach vs. all. Telebearswipe -> shapeshift -> shockwave 2-3x -> unshapeshift -> hold namelock on cano or tele until cooldown ends -> nl cano (instant stun) -> telebearswipe -> shapeshift -> shockwave -> etc. seems like it could actually work.

thoughts?

This post was edited by Gilgameshed on Jul 15 2020 06:09pm
Gold: 22,189.49
Jul 16 2020 01:21am
yeah shockwave can be used but its quite limited due to the shift cooldowns. Its not much different than use on a windy, where you can maybe get some random FHR off ravens/geddon (like raven hurricane) or try to punish with the very very clumsy shockwave/volcano combo. But unlike windies, shamans are completely stretched on their skill points and you're losing damage on your primary skills for each utility skill you take, so taking werebear/maul/shockwave (or even 1 point werewolf/lycan) is a pretty hard tradeoff. Maybe if your pelt has +shockwave you can use 1 skill point to get werebear. Shockwave is also fairly good in some defensive matchups, particularly with that 1 point geddon, like playing MB vs a 63% fcr bvc where you pretty much give up hope of kiting him or ever landing a grizzly hit, but you can outtank him with shockwave+fissure. And in that case, its definitely worth 1 point lycan too. Just having the extra beef can make the difference and the extra stun at the end of their whirl into a fissure can interrupt their pressure, but you need to be very on-point with your wereform usage to not give openings with no fissure (reactive usage only)

but unlike all the "shockbear" builds people try to make, grizzly is actually a pretty terrible skill to combine with shockwave. The main advantage of grizzly is how incredibly fast it hits off a teleport, while its disadvantages are its slow followup and getting FHR'd/killed. Its strong to mix in teleswipes to take a chunk off your opponents hp and reset before you get punished, but trying to offensively stomp and sw is just clumsy and mediocre, even if you somehow land it anyone who wsgs will avoid every hit after the first which would land without sw anyway.
Jul 16 2020 02:13am
i agree, the fire skills are very fun, cool, flashy, but has little dmg.

like i remember one time with my vt, i jumped a dudu. and he was full fire with fissure at his feets, armageddon, ravenlore, and probarly full facets, i noticed that i nearly died in two hits, but i finnished him.

so i changed my 2/20/29str/60life ammu with 2/20/24str/20@ and my 10fcr/dex/life/30lr with a simular craft that has 11@ and that was it did not want to be lame. and suddenly he needed probarly like 10-12 hits.... by increasing my stack with only 31.

i also notice it with my eunl fireclawer, its only level 92 so misses some syntenergies yet still all palas etc has 90fr due to sop + wws. so my with then rather limited gear and heavy dex statting for mb reached like 15-16k fireclaw and hitchance vs palas was not that good due to like 16k ar. and i had low life due to all the dex statting and 100fcr means ur 2 handed eq got like 0%dr, and ur stormsetup got zero range with pb wep. so ye its possible to build a 68fcr 28% dr 2 handed setup and gaining loads of stats via bug belt but then the shapechange/shockwave/fireclaw combi is slower. so i respecced vita for relevant life to handle druid/nec/soso/assa, but vs bowa/pala/baba i must almost look the other way xD

the different with the asgard version was that due to wiz gloves i could use 1 raven and bug belt as well as an inzane visio helm and eth gt 110ias/95ed/3ar which ended up as 4k physical dmg alone, around 20k ar, workable life and higher fire dmg and LoLo/facetfacet/berber/Locham of same visio helm xD then u can start to kill stuff like paladins due ur +4 rangeadder wep, jumping in blindspot with a pb dont work theese days, u get smited.
ofc with the best of the best eq on eu u can reach somewhat decent build as well but it really takes 98% perfect gear in every slot and high level.

so i guess shaman, or windy with maxed grizzly, bear+shockwave, full summon sks, volcano/hurry for stun trigger and nadoes + hurry for summon removing summons and kill stunned in wirl can be a build.

yet the hybrid wolf can deal with all effective.
Jul 16 2020 03:32am
Agreed completely,and I would definitely opt for a fire strategy vs barbs and melee, and the tele bear swipe strategy seems like it would work vs most opponents, but not so much vs. good druids really, the kind that even a barb or a sin is afraid to stomp. I have actually been beaten dvd before via shockwave, and taken by surprise at that by the shockwave cano combo. It was surprisingly effective. I thought I could escape once he shifted back into a human and stopped the shockwave (which I was wasging out of anyways), but the cano he threw on me seemed to stun me basically instantly. Almost like a mindblast. It caught me completely by surprise. I remember the blocklock simply adding insult to injury, as my druid tried shielding himself with his pathetically slow block rate with spirit. It seemed to stun more than simple swirls + fire traps alone for instance. Which makes me wonder if blocklock can't be wsg'd out of like fhr can. Either way, the combo was effective, and I just don't see any other way one could beat a proficient druid otherwise.
Jul 16 2020 03:35am
Quote (Gilgameshed @ Jul 16 2020 11:32am)
Agreed completely,and I would definitely opt for a fire strategy vs barbs and melee, and the tele bear swipe strategy seems like it would work vs most opponents, but not so much vs. good druids really, the kind that even a barb or a sin is afraid to stomp. I have actually been beaten dvd before via shockwave, and taken by surprise at that by the shockwave cano combo. It was surprisingly effective. I thought I could escape once he shifted back into a human and stopped the shockwave (which I was wasging out of anyways), but the cano he threw on me seemed to stun me basically instantly. Almost like a mindblast. It caught me completely by surprise. I remember the blocklock simply adding insult to injury, as my druid tried shielding himself with his pathetically slow block rate with spirit. It seemed to stun more than simple swirls + fire traps alone for instance. Which makes me wonder if blocklock can't be wsg'd out of like fhr can. Either way, the combo was effective, and I just don't see any other way one could beat a proficient druid otherwise.

well, it hits faster than traps.. and all kind of dmg after swirl will stun u hard as well as his hurricane instant stun on jump. the combi also makes u selfsync and he will start hitting you with nado.

the grizzly dies instant vs hammer and barb, u can ofc catch them offguard which ur firespells helps with, vs assa he is constant stunned, and vs all other u need to remove summons first. the best time to hit forexample a pala would be if charge out of something.

This post was edited by gel87 on Jul 16 2020 03:38am
Jul 16 2020 03:39am
Quote (gel87 @ Jul 16 2020 04:35am)
well, it hits faster than traps.. and all kind of dmg after swirl will stun u hard as well as his hurricane instant stun on jump. the combi also makes u selfsync and he will start hitting you with nado.

of course, the swirl strategy is what I think could bring the shaman to the next level potentially. I main assassins and that little swirl makes or breaks a game. Especially a 4v4. It is a bit of a complicated set of maneuvers to pull this off as a druid, shapeshifting back and forth, launching a cano similar to a mindblast, then following up with a nl tele to do whatever you must to end your opponent... but it isn't too much different than how a ghost plays in some regards, at least this attack vector. Combining this with the blizz like potential of the fire druid, and the teleswipe potential of bear, makes for a very interesting and versatile character.
Jul 16 2020 03:46am
Quote (Gilgameshed @ Jul 16 2020 11:39am)
of course, the swirl strategy is what I think could bring the shaman to the next level potentially. I main assassins and that little swirl makes or breaks a game. Especially a 4v4. It is a bit of a complicated set of maneuvers to pull this off as a druid, shapeshifting back and forth, launching a cano similar to a mindblast, then following up with a nl tele to do whatever you must to end your opponent... but it isn't too much different than how a ghost plays in some regards, at least this attack vector. Combining this with the blizz like potential of the fire druid, and the teleswipe potential of bear, makes for a very interesting and versatile character.

well the problem is all the delays, after u cast volcano u cannot shapechange for like 10 seconds. so i cannot use that combi as a fireclaw forexample. and as for armageddon we are talking about 15-20 seconds delay until u can shape again.
firestorm can reach somewhat of an decent dmg for closecombat in combi with bearstrike and will trigger stun after shockwave stun. bearsmite provides swirl as well i think. so there are options. my imagined build reached 9, 6k firestorm or so, each second. i dno how many of the 3 waves that hit an enemy player if superclose, maby 2? anyway if 2 that 18,xk each second.
Jul 16 2020 03:49am
well volcano cd is 4 seconds, shapeshift cd is 1. So no you couldn't really cano->tele->shapeshift, but you could tele->shapeshift->shockwave->shapeshift->cano which would obviously be followed up with bearswipe telies while they are stunned to oblivion. I would probably opt for standard shaman strategy for 99% of duels, I just don't honestly expect to be breaking the cyclone armor or being able to successfully trade swipes with a windy unless he is really stunned first.

How long does cano last? If you cano him while swirled and follow with a bear swipe, what is the best thing to do in those few seconds before you can use a cooldown spell again?

This post was edited by Gilgameshed on Jul 16 2020 03:50am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1141516171825Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll