d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Cryogenic Hits 97 > 10 Year Old Hardcore Plugy Blizz Sorc
Prev1121314151626Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 837.00
Nov 14 2019 07:21pm
Might as well go ahead and try re-rolling this grand charm while I'm messing around in the cube.

Well, only 3 rolls in and I get this thing.
I would keep rolling, but I'm gonna keep it because I almost have 9 of these now and I might make a summoner druid for fun someday ^_^

I guess that's all for now.
Gold: 0.69
Nov 14 2019 07:38pm
Dude I just found tal armor in my 5th ancient tunnel runs at level 73 lol
Nov 14 2019 07:56pm
Quote (chips456 @ Nov 14 2019 08:38pm)
Dude I just found tal armor in my 5th ancient tunnel runs at level 73 lol

LOL v nice. was actually wondering how far you'd gotten.
Full tals works pretty well on a blizz sorc.

i had never used full tals before until a couple months back
i literally made a backup blizz sorc named Tal_Rasha just to rock full tals
and be a dedicated ancient tunnels/pindle runner since I lost the pindle portal on Cryo 3-4 months ago.

with full tals and zero cold skillers and no torch (rando druid torch), just an anni, and BO,
she has 450% MF, 5.1k blizz, -150 mastery, 2356 life, 1123 mana, 3300 def,
75 all res with good lightning stack, and hits the 105% fcr and 86 fhr BPs.

not too shabby

she has such a nice little AT map too.

This post was edited by GetStabby on Nov 14 2019 08:14pm
Gold: 0.69
Nov 14 2019 08:46pm
Yeah I'm trying to get 3 piece bonus, have orb as well I have really bad gear aside from tal armor and 3 cold circ. Have found 2 guilly face :wacko: literally using 2 plain fcr rings :(
Nov 14 2019 08:48pm
After that, some might be wondering, ANOTHER SORC??
If you couldn't tell, I love sorcs and have a whole army of them.
As well as entirely too much time on my hands these past 4 months B)

This is part of the reason I'm so stressed about only having 1 sorc torch out of about 25 farmed so far -_-

MEET MY SORCY BABES.

Hectic_Eclectic - Rares only Blizz sorc + Rares only merc. (No runewords, uniques or sets.) Crafted, Facets, Rune sox, Charms, Gheeds, Torch, Anni allowed. Dedicated LK runner.

Fahrenheit - 419%-449% MF (TGods/Goldwrap) - Fireball / Meteor sorc with 1 hard point in Frozen Orb/Cold Mastery

Hydra - Hydra / Orb sorc currently in Nightmare a3

Tal_Rasha - 450% mf full Tal's Blizz sorc. Dedicated Ancient Tunnels / Pindleskin runner

Cryogenic - Blizz/ES sorc. Obviously this thread is all about her, no description needed.

Supernova - 200% FCR / 0% MF Nova/ES sorc

Nov 14 2019 10:31pm
WOW. While we're on the topic of my sorcies.

I was looking at poor Hydra thinking "poor Hydra, I haven't played you in a while. You need some love"

So I load her up and she's actually still only in A2 NM. Not A3 like I thought.
and her cube is missing because I had put it in the shared stash a while back and forgotten,
because recently while playing Cryo I saw it in the shared stash and was like "what is this random extra cube doing here?" and then tossed it out.

So Hydra, she had the full staff already made and everything. But I needed to go get her another cube. So I go find the Halls of the Dead.

I'm teleporting around, killing shit, and then I get to the room with the stairs down to floor 3, but I decide to kill some trash mobs before heading down.

And BAM! something I've been looking for. FOREVER. Finally dropped. I check nearly EVERY staff, too.

Oddly enough, found by the ONLY sorc of mine that still relies on ES being granted by an item.
and thus, would actually need it.

Using the same ES-Prebuffer that has been passed down from sorc to sorc:

It, and the Lidless, can now be inventoried!

AT LONG LAST, a +9 MEMORY!
Woulda been cool if it had shiver armor on it, but I'LL TAKE IT OFC

Gold: 0.01
Nov 16 2019 06:26am
Baal is always going to be faster than Nith. There are only 2 reasons nith is good for exp, and only 1 reason he is run for EXP at all. Firstly, as you know, he is level 95, which means even at 98 you still get 100% exp from him. It is a small amount however.

The only reason he would be thought of as being run for EXP is that in a public game where other players are in throne baaling with you, you have time to go sneak in a nith run because nith (especially in full games) is going to be much better exp than splitting the first wave or two with a party, especially at 94+ when you start getting less exp from waves

Having a party essentially "skip waves" for you while youre off on your own taking advantage of this and getting better exp while still unlocking baal is not possible in singleplayer of course, so Nith is kind of just there for keys or if you want to change things up ^_^

This is also why 'fast sealing' chaos can be super GG compared to just baaling, but mainly because you have people burning up the timer for baal himself to spawn

gz on 97 :P
Nov 16 2019 07:10am
Quote (oblivescence @ Nov 16 2019 07:26am)
The only reason he would be thought of as being run for EXP is that in a public game where other players are in throne baaling with you, you have time to go sneak in a nith run because nith (especially in full games) is going to be much better exp than splitting the first wave or two with a party, especially at 94+ when you start getting less exp from waves

Having a party essentially "skip waves" for you while youre off on your own taking advantage of this and getting better exp while still unlocking baal is not possible in singleplayer of course, so Nith is kind of just there for keys or if you want to change things up ^_^

'fas:P

Funny you should mention this because I was actually going to say something about this a while back. Back when I played HC ladder on bnet I was often in charge of fast CS because I could unlock Diablo super fast with my CS-specific zerk barb. I would also do this with my HDin at times.

Usually while I was clearing CS, and everyone else was helping clear throne, the 97+ guy would be killing Nihl and then heading to act 4 for my tp to get D exp.

Sometimes we would make it to the throne in time to help clear before wave 1, on average we would make it back around wave 3, and at the very worst, if the throne was empty and CS was especially nasty, we would make it back around wave 5 but either way the 97+ always got his D Nihl and T2 Baal exp all in the same time it would take to do just a straight up Baal run c:

This post was edited by GetStabby on Nov 16 2019 07:10am
Nov 16 2019 08:03am
I do have a question regarding Baal waves at 98 that someone might be able to answer for me since I’ve never personally been past 97 before.

Once I hit 98, would it be better to kill all of the waves at /players 1 for speed purposes, or /players 8 for slight exp boost? Or is the exp at 98 that bad that even the waves are useless on players 8?
Gold: 0.01
Nov 16 2019 08:11pm
Quote (GetStabby @ Nov 16 2019 09:03am)
I do have a question regarding Baal waves at 98 that someone might be able to answer for me since I’ve never personally been past 97 before.

Once I hit 98, would it be better to kill all of the waves at /players 1 for speed purposes, or /players 8 for slight exp boost? Or is the exp at 98 that bad that even the waves are useless on players 8?

Baal exp tops out at slightly less than /p3 actually (~92.5% of the value that a /p3 baal would have), so baal will be a lower % of the total exp as /players increases

since you always do baal at /p3, it sure would be convenient for /p3 to be a good difficulty to clear waves at so you dont have to change diff twice per run

It is also relevant to say that /top7 for wave 2 is not a factor, since the "bug" only applies in an actual party (because of the secondary boost to total EXP given from monsters in a party with other players), so /p8 > /p7 except for difficulty of course.

To answer the question, I have calculated the exp from /p1 waves, /p3 waves (as mentioned for convenience), and /p8 waves. It is up to you and your clearspeed at higher player counts to determine if its worth it or not to increase players for the waves (but i'd imagine it definitely IS worth it)

at /p1, baal is worth 87.6% of the total run's exp (with /p3 baal) (48,654 of 55,513)
at /p3, baal is worth 78.0% of the total run's exp (with /p3 baal) (48,654 of 63,372)
at /p8, baal is worth 61.1% of the total run's exp (with /p3 baal) (48,654 of 79,585)

In terms of actual exp, at level 98 of course, /p3 baal will always give you 48,654 exp, while the waves vary from 6,859 exp at /p1 all the way up to 30,031 exp at /p8
So, you gain almost exactly half a /p3 Baal Kill worth of exp by doing the waves at /p8 instead of /p1

With /p3 for all baal kills, a /p8 run is worth 1.43 /p1 runs, which means in order for them to be equivalent, their run-times would have to be the inverse. Therefore, if a /p1 run takes more than 69.75% the time of a /p8 run, its not worth it. This will of course be up to you to figure out based on your damage, dealing with immunes, and tele time

For reference the exp split between the waves (as a percentage of just the waves) is:
wave 1: 6.66%
wave 2: 22.2%
wave 3: 19.9%
wave 4: 29.2%
wave 5: 21.9%

So if its a close call on whether or not its worth the time and you really want to min/max, and perhaps one wave is harder to kill than the others, you can probably just /p1 a hard wave and /p8 a juicy wave, up to you :P

exp is based on not having anni btw. Anni, exp shrine, and ondals are all additive with eachother but multiplicative with the final exp. Exp shrines arent really viable for solo baaling but anni would just be 10% more exp overall ofc

This post was edited by oblivescence on Nov 16 2019 08:12pm
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1121314151626Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll