d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > The Hc P8 Lotl Wt Challenge > You’re Invited To Try!
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 837.00
Oct 21 2019 12:20pm
I’m sure many of you have heard of the “living off the land” challenge. It originates all the way back to the D1 days. I’ve created my own LOTL rule set for myself and anyone else who would like a new challenge.

I’ll be posting my walkthrough here once I’ve had time to get started, but this is something I’ve been itching to do for a long time now. I’m still not sure which class I want to use.

RULES

*PlugY enabled for rune words, stash space, and stats pages.

*No sorcs allowed.

*Hardcore only. Dead is dead.

*P8 only at all times, no exceptions. Not even countess.

*Re-running areas is allowed and encouraged.

*No vendors at any time, unless to progress the quest line. Quest rewards ARE allowed. Choose your respecs and imbues wisely :drool:

*This means NO REPAIRS, no free vendor heals, no purchases, no gambles, no Cain identifications, etc.

*Once an item breaks, it must be discarded.

Tips:
-Self repairing/replenishing items.

-Tomes of ID and TP can be found in late act 1 bookshelves.

-Enjoy not having to pick up gold. Ever!

This post was edited by GetStabby on Oct 21 2019 12:26pm
Gold: 58.45
Warn: 30%
Oct 21 2019 12:26pm
bowa plugyzon is my favourite :drool: ctc darrajuju is godly
gl will follow n yo
Gold: 0.95
Oct 21 2019 01:06pm
This sound like a good challenge. If a vendor cant repair it, why dont u just use ort runes for weapons and ral runes for armor and just cube repair them...
Oct 21 2019 01:11pm
Quote (15bucks @ Oct 21 2019 03:06pm)
This sound like a good challenge. If a vendor cant repair it, why dont u just use ort runes for weapons and ral runes for armor and just cube repair them...

Omg, thank you. As someone who often uses these recipes in regular play, I can't believe I totally forgot about them when writing up these rules.
That certainly changes things (for the better :bonk: ) and I'll edit the rules now. Let's blame it on skipping my usual second cup of coffee this morning.

Can't edit OP anymore so here are the updated rules:

RULES

*PlugY enabled for rune words, stash space, and stats pages.

*No sorcs allowed.

*Hardcore only. Dead is dead.

*P8 only at all times, no exceptions. Not even countess.

*Re-running areas is allowed and encouraged.

*No vendors at any time, unless to progress the quest line. Quest rewards ARE allowed. Choose your respecs and imbues wisely :drool:

*This means no vendor repairs, no free vendor heals, no purchases, no gambles, no Cain identifications, etc.

Tips:
-Self repairing/replenishing items.

-Cube recipes for repairs (Ort for weapons, Ral for armors)

-Tomes of ID and TP can be found in late act 1 bookshelves.

-Enjoy not having to pick up gold. Ever!

This post was edited by GetStabby on Oct 21 2019 01:15pm
Oct 21 2019 01:29pm
And so it begins. I decided to go with a bow & java hybrid zon.

Introducing LandLubber.
I think eventually she will be a hybridization of Freezing Arrow and Strafe or Multi Shot / Charged Strike and Lightning Fury.

Final kill in the Den gifted me with this beauty :drool: (But still no Bow or XBow to be found and almost out of Javs, leaving me with only Throwing Knives on switch :wacko: )

This post was edited by GetStabby on Oct 21 2019 01:32pm
Oct 21 2019 02:25pm
I know normal mode isn't generally very exciting or screen shot worthy, but I'm still going to update my journey through normal because of the different nature of this WT.

I'm finding Identify scrolls hard to come by, at least for the amount of things I'm finding that need to be ID'd.
Making it that much more exciting to find ID scrolls, plus adding an element of choice when deciding what I want to identify when I do find one. :D

Blood raven was a bit of a pain, had to use Guerilla warfare hit and run tactics. Shoot her with poisonous cold arrow, run in and hit her with a few power strikes, rinse and repeat.

For my efforts, she rewarded me with a rare Hunter's Bow that i cannot identify yet ^_^
I think Diane, the newly acquied rogue merc will be getting a hand-me-down 20 poison damage short bow very soon.

Oct 21 2019 06:01pm
It is worth mentioning that I missed one more thing. It should be noted that merc revivals should, of course, be allowed.
Thus, some gold will actually be necessary. But this will still be difficult considering there is no buying or selling of items allowed with vendors.

That being said, the bow was pretty solid:

I've started running Coldcrow in the caves of the Cold Plains in hopes of a unique bow to drop. No luck yet, only two runs in.

Oct 21 2019 09:56pm
Now level 17. Farmed Rakanishu and a super chest in Stony Field for a bit, didn't really get anything so I've moved onto countess runs.

Quest Drop

During the 2nd run I ran out of arrows and javs both. Luckily i had this 2os spear and after much deliberation on what to socket it with, I chose the Tal.

I wanted to save it for insight but I'm sure I'll get another Tal by then anyway.

As it turns out, this little poison stick is making my life a lot easier.

Oct 22 2019 03:37pm
These Countess runs are really paying off.

Nice SC from floor 2:

Beautiful new shield:

My first rare Javs! That mana leech :drool: Now I can finally put Jab on left click

This post was edited by GetStabby on Oct 22 2019 03:38pm
Gold: 505.00
Oct 22 2019 04:46pm
Hammerdin allowed ez
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll