d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > American Living In China For 7 Years > Comments On Nba And Hk Situation
12329Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,078.00
Oct 15 2019 12:23pm
inb4chinamanjudsoncomment

For those of you who are not aware I'm a Trusted/inactive Med here, from the USA but have been living in China for 7 years now...

No offense to anyone, but you guys truly underestimate how influenced you are by our biased media sources. I also didn't realize it as much as I should until I lived outside the USA for a while. We are truly brainwashed by our biased media. Try your best to wake up and think for yourself...

The HK "freedom fighters" are not what you think they are. Just a few days ago some HK protester stabbed an unsuspecting police officer in the back of the neck with a box cutter "in the name of freedom" It didn't make CNN nor any of the one-sided news sources you read everyday because that would taint the romantic image of the HK protestors which profit our shitty news sources. The US Media Outlets give a biased anti-China account of what's going on to gain ratings and manipulate the situation so they can benefit from the situation.

The Hong Kong, SAR Gov't are just like "everyone chill out" meanwhile protesters destroy and loot and act like idiots. It's OK to throw pipe bombs at innocent police offers as long as you yell "freedom" beforehand? Fuck that..

In some ways, the HK protesters are similar to those who fly a Confederate Flag. Ignorant rednecks yelling "Freedom/Freebird!" Almost like some stupid South Park characters.

International News sources led to a particularly poignant comment: if anyone says anything even halfway deemed 'racist' our media sources will lunge at the opportunity to rile everyone to get out their pitchforks. So why is our media so quick to defend the borderline-terrorist separatist violent HK 'demonstrations' (which often involve attacking police who are forced to not retaliate for fear of backlash). You are so quick to defend the "freedom movement" but, how many of you would defend the Confederate States for trying to break apart from the USA for the "freedom" to establish their own legal system (aka hold slaves)?

How many of you also advocate for gun reform and think the 'NRA is the devil' even though some people think they right to have military automatic rifles is part of "American Freedom". Doesn't this 'freedom" also contribute to school shootings which is the same reason you call for gun reform? So why is fighting for "freedom" OK in HK when it calls for destruction and harm of innocent police officers but not OK in the USA? You are manipulated by our biased media sources. Will you also defend the NRA for the American Freedom to hold military machine guns?

China and Chinese people have every right to be pissed off for the ridiculously biased espousal of violent demonstrations which have in fact severely damaged HK instead of offer any benefit to the people or the city. Anyone who just whimsically supports the HK demonstrators is either ignorant of the situation, trying to frame themselves as some righteous "freedom fighter" not to actually benefit the people of HK but instead to try to benefit themselves. Unfortunately, because of how biased our media is, it's fashionable to support the HK 'protests' no matter how ridiculously violent and destructive they are.

My comments will probably spur a lot of backlash but no joke, you should at least read more international new sources before jump to conclusions. Stop getting your info from CNN/Fox News and wake up...

Love you all <3
Gold: 12,840.00
Oct 15 2019 12:26pm
First
Gold: 6,479.31
Oct 15 2019 12:36pm
True or False: Chinese citizens have freedom of speech
Gold: 15.00
Oct 15 2019 12:38pm
Get that pooh pickle out of your mainland word hole
Gold: 13,815.00
Oct 15 2019 01:06pm
Odds on judson having a gun to his head?

Probably -300
Gold: 2,423.00
Oct 15 2019 01:12pm
Quote (Proint @ Oct 15 2019 09:06pm)
Odds on judson having a gun to his head?

Probably -300

I tried to bet but they closed it.
Gold: 3,800.00
Oct 15 2019 01:14pm
I think everyone is defending the freedom of speech of person without the threat of China smashing their business lives and requesting to have their lives ruined. But thank you for your input tho, definitely adds a layer to the conversation.
Oct 15 2019 01:18pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Oct 16 2019 03:14am)
I think everyone is defending the freedom of speech of person without the threat of China smashing their business lives and requesting to have their lives ruined. But thank you for your input tho, definitely adds a layer to the conversation.

Thank you for the first legitimate and thoughtful response. However, you are still missing the point.

Would you defend the "freedom of speech" if it was racist crap?

Do you agree police brutality is a problem in the USA? How would you feel if Chinese business owners tweeted support for police who shot unarmed innocent black kids?
Gold: 3,800.00
Oct 15 2019 01:24pm
Quote (judson04 @ Oct 15 2019 12:18pm)
Thank you for the first legitimate and thoughtful response. However, you are still missing the point.

Would you defend the "freedom of speech" if it was racist crap?

Do you agree police brutality is a problem in the USA? How would you feel if Chinese business owners tweeted support for police who shot unarmed innocent black kids?

Yeah I would support their right to say anything and would resist the US government from trying anything to hinder their right to free speech.. Freedom of speech is mostly for the unpopular speech, popular speech by definition rarely has any repercussions.
Oct 15 2019 01:27pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Oct 16 2019 03:24am)
Yeah I would support their right to say anything and would resist the US government from trying anything to hinder their right to free speech.. Freedom of speech is mostly for the unpopular speech, popular speech by definition rarely has any repercussions.

Fair enough, and in some ways touche, however, the trend of the times does not support your absolute adherence to 'free speech'

Would you seriously support 'free speech' in the face of hate crimes?

Facebook and other major online corporations have already banned hate speech, thus effectively ruling that 100% free speech is not a reality in the USA.

So, in fact, both the USA and China do not have black and white lines of freedom of speech. In fact, just shades of gray.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
12329Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll