d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Adding User Tags > Eliminate Hyperlinking
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 8,419.00
Trader: Mediator
Sep 30 2019 03:22pm
This is my first site suggestion ever so apologies if this has been suggested/declined before but I couldn't find anything relevant during my brief search.

The idea I would like to propose to you all is the ability to tag a user across the forum via the "@" function which then generates an automatic hyperlink to the relevant user when used across the website. The tagged user would only receive a notification (if they wish) when they are tagged within threads to maintain both simplicity and privacy; The feature would work in user profiles, signatures, and pms but it would not generate a notification unless tagged within a thread.

The idea around this is to create a more transparent community and increase the ease of access that would make the flow of user interactions smoother and a click away instead of dealing with potential typos, user name changes, hyperlink brackets, and having to venture all the way to the address book to find a user. For higher value trades that require trade histories and such users would be more skeptic if the seller didn't tag the user the item was acquired from.

While this has the potential to be abused in troll threads and other places it's important to have the option to toggle on and off the notifications so the tagged user isn't bombarded by subtle Facebook style notifications whilst still providing the ease of access for others.

The tagging algorithm could simply be pointed to the recent gold log transactions to generate quicker results of who you've been in contact with rather than filter through the entire d2jsp member list while typing or simply act as a revamped address book. I understand there's probably a lot of room for explaining and brainstorming here but I just wanted to present the basic overview of my idea while I had some time.

:)

The "@" sign wouldn't actually appear.

Jr Admin
Gold: 7,900.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 30 2019 03:36pm
This is currently in place :) Example would be ^sire and if they have some character then you add " on either side so ^"Holy-Martyr"

Added ^USERNAME notification for posting. When used, it will send the user a notification they've been mentioned/quoted in that topic. If a username has any characters besides alphanumeric, you must quote it like so: ^"USER NAME" (Sep 26 2019)
Using ^USERNAME now shows as "mentioned" instead of "quoted" to the user being notified. (Sep 27 2019)
Supported characters without having to quote a user in a ^ mention are: a-z A-Z 0-9 _ - ~ Everything else must be quoted, including spaces or periods. (Sep 27 2019)

This post was edited by Sire on Oct 1 2019 08:01am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll