d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Borderlands 3 Save Missing
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 19 2019 06:09am
Quote (King Atrhur @ Sep 18 2019 02:59pm)
Can't fix stupid but you can address ignorance.... So lets try that once again....

Your personal pc has data put on it > you "delete" said data > the system then removes the reference to the data not the actual data.
This is why data recovery software can recover data after a deletion. The data is only truly removed when NEW data is rewritten to the drive in the specific section that contained the file.

Its not that you know of it but more or less HOW MUCH you know of it and clearly that isn't much.
I mean its that or your really committed to the troll.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is only possible on PC, right? He didn't state where he was playing, but I'm fairly certain the data is overwritten on consoles if you click through the two warning notifications (might only be one for Borderlands 3, haven't tested, it's usually two though) to load the cloud option versus the local option.
Gold: 18,352.00
Sep 19 2019 10:41am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Sep 19 2019 08:09am)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is only possible on PC, right? He didn't state where he was playing, but I'm fairly certain the data is overwritten on consoles if you click through the two warning notifications (might only be one for Borderlands 3, haven't tested, it's usually two though) to load the cloud option versus the local option.

what do consoles store data on? a hard drive, so how again is it different?
Sep 19 2019 11:48am
Quote (King Atrhur @ Sep 19 2019 09:41am)
what do consoles store data on? a hard drive, so how again is it different?

How it's accessed, how it's saved, how overwriting works.... you know, in every single way we've discussed throughout this conversation. Seems as though you're just being purposefully obtuse now, which is strange based on the posts of yours I've actually read.
Sep 19 2019 04:26pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Sep 19 2019 01:48pm)
How it's accessed, how it's saved, how overwriting works.... you know, in every single way we've discussed throughout this conversation. Seems as though you're just being purposefully obtuse now, which is strange based on the posts of yours I've actually read.

Have you even tried data recovery on a console drive?
Feel like you haven't so maybe in future talk about what you know, rather then what you think you know.
I know for sure without a doubt that the data COULD be recovered provided its not overwritten regardless of medium (console/pc/etc).
Sep 19 2019 05:45pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Sep 19 2019 03:26pm)
Feel like you haven't so maybe in future talk about what you know, rather then what you think you know.
I know for sure without a doubt that the data COULD be recovered provided its not overwritten regardless of medium (console/pc/etc).

I never stated data wasn't possible to be recovered on a console, I said that it's different than on PC, which it is. User error can be a much bigger problem on a system where data can be completely overwritten with a few clicks, as opposed to on a PC where there's almost always an available backup.

My initial post, which you dismissed with your typical arrogant nature, was stating if a user were to ignore the console warnings and overwrite their local data for cloud data, their save could be completely deleted. This happens frequently to people who don't pay attention. I'm not sure why you felt the need to be condescending about that...... but I guess some people just can't help themselves.
Gold: 1.93
Sep 20 2019 01:23am
Did you try loading off the cloud?
Gold: 0.00
Sep 20 2019 09:13am
Quote (King Atrhur @ Sep 19 2019 07:26pm)

This is help section, Arthur. Keep things polite if you want to become a ++ (not that you are worth but anyways)

@OP
cloud saving is showing problems on Borderlands 3 atm. I suggest you switch to HD saving. and no, your progress wont be recovered.

This post was edited by Benzina on Sep 20 2019 09:14am
Sep 22 2019 02:22pm
Quote (Benzina @ Sep 20 2019 11:13am)
This is help section, Arthur. Keep things polite if you want to become a ++ (not that you are worth but anyways)

@OP
cloud saving is showing problems on Borderlands 3 atm. I suggest you switch to HD saving. and no, your progress wont be recovered.

😂
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic