d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > High Level Farming > Which Level Is Best
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 948.00
Sep 3 2019 02:39pm
Hi everyone,

I was asking myself if there is a specific way to obtain more level 55 item.

I have read somewhere (cant find it anymore) you only encounter lvl 55 item as drop from normal monster when they are @ a certain level threshold.
Can anyone confirm me which one it is and which level should we be to encounter those monster regulary in catacomb and by whistling

Also, What happen if I decide to go to a very high level on my toon but never do the Mq, is there a cap ? Does monster get harder and harder or they are cap as well ?

My goal would be to farm lvl 50-55 wellable item more efficiently to sell them and start generating some fg to buy a next set of item to start climbing with new classe.

Thank you all for your time :)
Gold: 100,675.05
Sep 4 2019 02:30am
I think at one point Paul said 55s start dropping after lvl 63 or something like that so ideally you should be around 63/65 if that's still true

The monsters in the catacombs vary a few lvls when you're exploring, so maybe he meant that after 63, all the mobs you encounter will have a chance of dropping a 55, it doesn't mean they will

It's possible to get a 55 item to side drop from a well when you're a much lower level and you're doing a much lower item, iirc my record was dropping a 55 from a lvl 40 when I was around lvl 40

There's no maximum level and the monsters keep getting harder and harder forever, BUT the quality and quantity of things they drop starts getting lower and lower, so it's completely pointless to aim for high lvls in this game

If you wanna farm 50/55 items, you should start exploring 50/55 maps, they have a much higher chance of dropping the item level matching their level, so lvl 55 maps would be the best way to hope for 55 drops

Good luck finding any though ^

Gold: 16,378.27
Sep 4 2019 02:39am
Quote (Jupiter5 @ Sep 3 2019 10:30pm)
I think at one point Paul said 55s start dropping after lvl 63 or something like that so ideally you should be around 63/65 if that's still true

The monsters in the catacombs vary a few lvls when you're exploring, so maybe he meant that after 63, all the mobs you encounter will have a chance of dropping a 55, it doesn't mean they will

It's possible to get a 55 item to side drop from a well when you're a much lower level and you're doing a much lower item, iirc my record was dropping a 55 from a lvl 40 when I was around lvl 40

There's no maximum level and the monsters keep getting harder and harder forever, BUT the quality and quantity of things they drop starts getting lower and lower, so it's completely pointless to aim for high lvls in this game

If you wanna farm 50/55 items, you should start exploring 50/55 maps, they have a much higher chance of dropping the item level matching their level, so lvl 55 maps would be the best way to hope for 55 drops

Good luck finding any though ^

Lvl 65 monsters were able to drop lvl 55s before the rewrite. In solo play, you could start spawning lvl 65 monsters through explore at ~lvl 63 without TDs. With the rewrite, Paul effectively dropped the lvl of monster required to spawn an item... it's slightly unclear to me and I still need to do more testing, but it seems that you can start to get lvl 55 items at lvl 54 exploring in solo play... However, the frequency with which you encounter lvl 55 items goes up as you progress from 54, dramatically so at first, and then less and less. After lvl 60, I'm not sure yet if the chance is still going up, starting to go down, or staying the same, but I'd recommend being somewhere in the lvl 55 - 65 range to try farming lvl 55 whites.
Gold: 100,675.05
Sep 4 2019 03:00am
Quote (BWConformity @ Sep 4 2019 11:39am)
Lvl 65 monsters were able to drop lvl 55s before the rewrite. In solo play, you could start spawning lvl 65 monsters through explore at ~lvl 63 without TDs. With the rewrite, Paul effectively dropped the lvl of monster required to spawn an item... it's slightly unclear to me and I still need to do more testing, but it seems that you can start to get lvl 55 items at lvl 54 exploring in solo play... However, the frequency with which you encounter lvl 55 items goes up as you progress from 54, dramatically so at first, and then less and less. After lvl 60, I'm not sure yet if the chance is still going up, starting to go down, or staying the same, but I'd recommend being somewhere in the lvl 55 - 65 range to try farming lvl 55 whites.

I know, I can't find the text, but somewhere it should've said that monsters themselves can now drop higher tier items than your level, I might be mistaken though

"Treasure chests now have a chance to spawn higher tiers than your level"

It's hard to say what are the exact lvls you need to be to get these higher tier items and how much higher they can go exactly

This definitely also applies to well monsters and I'm almost certain I've never dropped higher tiers before the rewrite

I'm not sure if I've dropped a higher tier item than my lvl from normal eps or normal monsters, but I think I have.. maybe just a few lvls in advance, so dropping a 45 when I'm 43 or so

Edit: So probably I'm just encountering monsters a few lvls higher than me, because they vary and that's how it seems like they are dropping a higher tier, but I think that couldn't happen before

This post was edited by Jupiter5 on Sep 4 2019 03:08am
Gold: Locked
Sep 4 2019 11:20am
Quote (BWConformity @ 4 Sep 2019 10:39)

Wouldn’t it actually be a good idea to make a thread were we can actually request and post these testresults? There are plenty of people doing solo-exploring so why not work together to get some answers, I don’t mind sharing my results if it finally gets us some answers.

For example:
1) BWConfirmity: Post your White Items level 45 - 50 - 55 drops including: Your level - Exploring / Whistle / Chest / EP - Wearing any ML - TD’s Down etc.?
2) Jupiter5: Post your Treasure Chest Loot any level in case they are higher than your own level - Exploring / Whistle / Chest / EP - Wearing any ML - TD’s Down etc.?
3) Etc.

Let’s work together to finally figure out this drop / magic luck system, there are plenty of people wondering stuff but noone actually has the answer (except for Paul).

This post was edited by NL-JOERI on Sep 4 2019 11:32am
Sep 4 2019 12:15pm
Quote (NL-JOERI @ Sep 4 2019 01:20pm)
Wouldn’t it actually be a good idea to make a thread were we can actually request and post these testresults? There are plenty of people doing solo-exploring so why not work together to get some answers, I don’t mind sharing my results if it finally gets us some answers.

For example:
1) BWConfirmity: Post your White Items level 45 - 50 - 55 drops including: Your level - Exploring / Whistle / Chest / EP - Wearing any ML - TD’s Down etc.?
2) Jupiter5: Post your Treasure Chest Loot any level in case they are higher than your own level - Exploring / Whistle / Chest / EP - Wearing any ML - TD’s Down etc.?
3) Etc.

Let’s work together to finally figure out this drop / magic luck system, there are plenty of people wondering stuff but noone actually has the answer (except for Paul).

Excellent idea, I am grinding a brand new barb to lvl 101, Ill take note of the lvl 40+ white item I find as well
Sep 4 2019 12:22pm
Quote (NL-JOERI @ Sep 4 2019 07:20am)

For example:
3) Etc.

There are a lot of other factors that can affect how many white item drops you get of lvl 45, 50, 55 aside from character level. In order to test the effect of level on number of white items dropped of specific levels, you'll need to keep those things constant as well (that's not exactly easy). If you are only looking to know the minimum level needed to get white drops of a certain level during solo play, that's what I posted. GL if you try to test the former :)
Sep 4 2019 12:26pm
Quote (BWConformity @ Sep 4 2019 02:22pm)
There are a lot of other factors that can affect how many white item drops you get of lvl 45, 50, 55 aside from character level. In order to test the effect of level on number of white items dropped of specific levels, you'll need to keep those things constant as well (that's not exactly easy). If you are only looking to know the minimum level needed to get white drops of a certain level during solo play, that's what I posted. GL if you try to test the former :)

Yeah, I completely forgot about that factor, I would have to stay at xlvl and kill more than 10 000 monster to get a good sample.
I think it is doable tho
Sep 4 2019 12:30pm
Quote (WhySoPro @ Sep 4 2019 08:26am)
Yeah, I completely forgot about that factor, I would have to stay at xlvl and kill more than 10 000 monster to get a good sample.
I think it is doable tho

You'll want to keep at least these variables constant, to name a few: explore/whistle, map/cata, monster difficulty, item drop quality, monster stats, and also make sure you're playing in solo and not in any trapdoors, (or if you are in trapdoors, know exactly how many levels the trapdoors have added).
Sep 4 2019 12:57pm
Quote (BWConformity @ Sep 4 2019 02:30pm)
You'll want to keep at least these variables constant, to name a few: explore/whistle, map/cata, monster difficulty, item drop quality, monster stats, and also make sure you're playing in solo and not in any trapdoors, (or if you are in trapdoors, know exactly how many levels the trapdoors have added).

Yeah, i think for a global understanding the whistling method will be the best.

Monster are always the same level, no trap door, no eps straight grinding and loot.
Ofc doing some testing in cata will be required too, but the difference in monster level kinda make it hard to calculate exact numbers.

What about whistling in maps ? Is it different than doing it in cata ?
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll