d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Advise Me On Zeal Pala
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.00
Aug 25 2019 09:00am
What's best option for physical immunes in hell? Level 1 vengeance? Also looking for general advice.

Going to do a solo untwinked zeal paly walk, first time and I'm not sure what to expect
Gold: 42.19
Aug 25 2019 09:32am
Expect alot of save and exits.
Gold: 117,684.01
Aug 25 2019 10:09am
solo zeal is in general not fun
low kill speed, very weapon dependant and one-sided gameplay
nm/hell will be a pain to walk through
Aug 25 2019 02:15pm
Quote (magic99 @ Aug 25 2019 10:09am)
solo zeal is in general not fun
low kill speed, very weapon dependant and one-sided gameplay
nm/hell will be a pain to walk through

I've done multiple bowazon walk throughs, I'm sure it cant be any worse lol
Gold: 424.93
Sep 16 2019 12:01pm
Holy freeze makes you into a tank and is pretty strong with a good weapon.
Gold: 354.00
Sep 18 2019 11:19am
Holy freeze was relatively popular due to added safety. It allows you to have some below-average physical damage (depending on your weapon) and some below-average cold damage (with added slow).
There are few ways to build it: some rare ancient sword (never had a decent 40ias one, so I never tried it, good thing is that it could have +2 pala skill to slightly boost your auras), some battle hammer (40ias bh feels quite slow and the damage is still muuuuuuch worse than for a whirlwind barb), another option used by some was Cleglaw set. I actually tried with full Cleg set (socketed) and the build kind of works. Problems of Cleglaw set is that (1) sword has knockback, what is incredibly irritating and (2) resists. If the sword didnt have the damn knockback, it would feel so much better. Other problem is that cleglaw set has no resists; even with an A5 socketed shield it is quite difficult to get 75 all (sword/glove/shield from set + angelic amu/at least 1 ring).

I also tried some holy shock pala zealer (although here only with rare battle hammer, not with cleglaw sword) and it worked surprisingly well. Especially in chaos sanctuary, where many monsters are cold immune (so you can kill them) and the ones that are lightning immune, are those ghosts, which die to the physical damage from BH.

If you play untwined I think you will have to use Cleglaw set. It gives 35% crushing blow, so you dont need goblins (which means you can get 30% movement speed from rare boots + 3 resists, although I wouldnt count on you finding such boots untwinked).
Attack rating will be an issue, even with angelic amulet + 1 ring. Resists will be a bigger issue. Knockback is irrtaiting. When you will upgrade to rares... you will not notice that much dmg difference. Knockback goes away, but also 35% crushing blow goes away (or 10%, if you start using goblins).

Cleglaw set is like free, assuming you can find a player to play with. So Clegl + cold, or Cleg + lightning. Im not sure which is better for acts. Probably for normal (and maybe Nighthmare) holy fire could work too, assuming you want to waste a restat later. I think in LOD some players start with Holy Fire, since it is not bad for leveling 1->30. But they have skill restat tokens there.

This post was edited by dropship on Sep 18 2019 11:25am
Sep 18 2019 12:34pm
Quote (dropship @ Sep 18 2019 11:19am)
Holy freeze was relatively popular due to added safety. It allows you to have some below-average physical damage (depending on your weapon) and some below-average cold damage (with added slow).
There are few ways to build it: some rare ancient sword (never had a decent 40ias one, so I never tried it, good thing is that it could have +2 pala skill to slightly boost your auras), some battle hammer (40ias bh feels quite slow and the damage is still muuuuuuch worse than for a whirlwind barb), another option used by some was Cleglaw set. I actually tried with full Cleg set (socketed) and the build kind of works. Problems of Cleglaw set is that (1) sword has knockback, what is incredibly irritating and (2) resists. If the sword didnt have the damn knockback, it would feel so much better. Other problem is that cleglaw set has no resists; even with an A5 socketed shield it is quite difficult to get 75 all (sword/glove/shield from set + angelic amu/at least 1 ring).

I also tried some holy shock pala zealer (although here only with rare battle hammer, not with cleglaw sword) and it worked surprisingly well. Especially in chaos sanctuary, where many monsters are cold immune (so you can kill them) and the ones that are lightning immune, are those ghosts, which die to the physical damage from BH.

If you play untwined I think you will have to use Cleglaw set. It gives 35% crushing blow, so you dont need goblins (which means you can get 30% movement speed from rare boots + 3 resists, although I wouldnt count on you finding such boots untwinked).
Attack rating will be an issue, even with angelic amulet + 1 ring. Resists will be a bigger issue. Knockback is irrtaiting. When you will upgrade to rares... you will not notice that much dmg difference. Knockback goes away, but also 35% crushing blow goes away (or 10%, if you start using goblins).

Cleglaw set is like free, assuming you can find a player to play with. So Clegl + cold, or Cleg + lightning. Im not sure which is better for acts. Probably for normal (and maybe Nighthmare) holy fire could work too, assuming you want to waste a restat later. I think in LOD some players start with Holy Fire, since it is not bad for leveling 1->30. But they have skill restat tokens there.

Thanks, I started with holy fire, planning to reset soon but I found a hell plague and its pwning right now

I've heard of the holy freeze build, leaning towards pure physical build woth lvl 1 vengeance and conviction for immunes, may revise when I hit a wall and cant progress

I'm hoping to find cleg or civerbs in nightmare

This post was edited by SagittariusA on Sep 18 2019 12:35pm
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 18 2019 02:13pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Sep 18 2019 07:34pm)
Thanks, I started with holy fire, planning to reset soon but I found a hell plague and its pwning right now

I've heard of the holy freeze build, leaning towards pure physical build woth lvl 1 vengeance and conviction for immunes, may revise when I hit a wall and cant progress

I'm hoping to find cleg or civerbs in nightmare

Many many physical immuned are undead.
1 point into Sanctuary helps a lot...

Good luck !
Sep 18 2019 07:57pm
Quote (feanur @ Sep 18 2019 02:13pm)
Many many physical immuned are undead.
1 point into Sanctuary helps a lot...

Good luck !

Thanks for the tip, I was unaware it breaks immunes, I'll be getting it on my way to conviction so I'll test it out. I bet the knockback is a life saver against wraiths mana burning

I've heard people say its bugged and doesnt really do as much as it says though
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 19 2019 09:10am
Quote (SagittariusA @ Sep 19 2019 02:57am)
Thanks for the tip, I was unaware it breaks immunes, I'll be getting it on my way to conviction so I'll test it out. I bet the knockback is a life saver against wraiths mana burning

I've heard people say its bugged and doesnt really do as much as it says though

It's supposed to add %ar and damage to undead, but actually it adds none.
Instead, it sets physical resistance of undead tardets to zero, regardless of what it was before, including if it was 100%+ (physical immunity).
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll