d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1429430431432433983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 3 2020 05:29pm
Quote (Skinned @ 3 Jun 2020 19:12)
Mattis tears into Trump: 'We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership'
By Barbara Starr and Paul LeBlanc, CNN

Updated 6:52 PM ET, Wed June 3, 2020

(CNN)Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis castigated President Donald Trump as "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people" in a forceful rebuke of his former boss as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us," Mattis said.
"We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children."

Mad Dog Mattis everyone. Three years without mature leadership DAMN.

love mad dog and respect his opinion even when i dont fully agree. but here comes the anti-military anti-American crowd saying “see even the military hates him!!!” (Not you of course skinned its all love)

e: Obama tried the angle of attempting to unite us during riots in Ferguson and Baltimore and was ignored by the rioters the looters and media and political leaders. there is no uniting when a group of people want nothing to do with it

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 3 2020 05:31pm
Gold: 260.11
Jun 3 2020 05:35pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 3 2020 06:29pm)
love mad dog and respect his opinion even when i dont fully agree. but here comes the anti-military anti-American crowd saying “see even the military hates him!!!” (Not you of course skinned its all love)

e: Obama tried the angle of attempting to unite us during riots in Ferguson and Baltimore and was ignored by the rioters the looters and media and political leaders. there is no uniting when a group of people want nothing to do with it

I was on board with Mattis from day one, and even said for the first year or two that Trump's military activity is the only thing I like because it was largely Trump being uninvolved and leaving it to Mattis.

The point Mattis is making isn't that Trump is bad for not uniting, it's that Trump is fundamentally disinterested in uniting the country. Maybe you're right that the protesters and rioters won't be soothed by a president trying to be peaceful and bring the country together, but Trump has actively increased tensions.
Gold: 285.00
Jun 3 2020 05:37pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 3 2020 07:29pm)

I'm a veteran and feel strong feelings about American soldiers deploying against Americans and I'm sure the general feels big ways about things as well. I don't know what he, POTUS, could do to help. He could just be still for a bit let the people have their reaction.

They will probably all get covid and be indoors in not much time.

We took down our zombie tents at my hospital btw. I call them that they're just a big disaster tents you see in movies. I'm so happy. I'm really just trying to encourage all my teammates to strive to get back to normal, safely. We are all still in masks and googles and that isn't changing anytime soon lol.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jun 3 2020 05:42pm
Jun 3 2020 05:53pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 3 Jun 2020 19:35)
I was on board with Mattis from day one, and even said for the first year or two that Trump's military activity is the only thing I like because it was largely Trump being uninvolved and leaving it to Mattis.

The point Mattis is making isn't that Trump is bad for not uniting, it's that Trump is fundamentally disinterested in uniting the country. Maybe you're right that the protesters and rioters won't be soothed by a president trying to be peaceful and bring the country together, but Trump has actively increased tensions.

yes by winning a democratic election fairly. unless one subscribes to the racist notion that ‘russia’ “hacked the election” while Pres Obama was chief executive of our country

e: you posted in-kind so i’ll return the favor. Trump is a far better “peace-time President” than a “wartime” one. this is not his forte and its showing. im pretty sure everyone can see that within reason

Quote (Skinned @ 3 Jun 2020 19:37)
I'm a veteran and feel strong feelings about American soldiers deploying against Americans and I'm sure the general feels big ways about things as well. I don't know what he, POTUS, could do to help. He could just be still for a bit let the people have their reaction.

They will probably all get covid and be indoors in not much time.

We took down our zombie tents at my hospital btw. I call them that they're just a big disaster tents you see in movies. I'm so happy. I'm really just trying to encourage all my teammates to strive to get back to normal, safely. We are all still in masks and googles and that isn't changing anytime soon lol.

stay safe my friend im sure these are even more trying times than usual. Keep fighting the good fight

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 3 2020 05:56pm
Gold: 823.93
Jun 3 2020 07:20pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 3 2020 07:53pm)
yes by winning a democratic election fairly. unless one subscribes to the racist notion that ‘russia’ “hacked the election” while Pres Obama was chief executive of our country

e: you posted in-kind so i’ll return the favor. Trump is a far better “peace-time President” than a “wartime” one. this is not his forte and its showing. im pretty sure everyone can see that within reason

stay safe my friend im sure these are even more trying times than usual. Keep fighting the good fight

White supremacy is falling. you better do like esper and jump ship before it's to late. No one sees it your way just only other white privilege kids who's never been in a traffic stop. Stop letting fox news and oan educate you. Please it's literally destroying our country!

This post was edited by newyorknewjersey on Jun 3 2020 07:20pm
Gold: 1.93
Jun 3 2020 07:36pm
Would like to change my vote from trump, he is done.
Jun 3 2020 07:49pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 3 2020 09:36pm)
Would like to change my vote from trump, he is done.

Hit me 💪🏿✊🏿❤️
Jun 3 2020 07:55pm
Quote (newyorknewjersey @ 3 Jun 2020 21:20)
White supremacy is falling. you better do like esper and jump ship before it's to late. No one sees it your way just only other white privilege kids who's never been in a traffic stop. Stop letting fox news and oan educate you. Please it's literally destroying our country!

didnt read your rage, mainly because I consider the opinion of racist pale pasty privileged lefties who cannot spell and only focus on skin color like you worth less than nothing.

only racists like you would look at at me notice my skin tone and say something about education lmfao. go back to donor forum or sports subforum okay little fella?

e: reported, btw

This post was edited by excellence on Jun 3 2020 07:59pm
Jun 3 2020 07:59pm
Quote (excellence @ Jun 3 2020 09:55pm)
didnt read your rage mainly because I consider the opinion of racist pale pasty privileged lefties who cannot spell like you worth less than nothing.

reported, btw

Sounds like your mirror has cracked. Hit me. ✊🏿
Jun 3 2020 08:02pm
Quote (newyorknewjersey @ 3 Jun 2020 21:59)
Sounds like your mirror has cracked. Hit me. ✊🏿

yeah if anything broke it’s likely due to the fact a pale pasty privileged lefty like you destroyed it after breaking curfew

go back to your gutter. we have enough angry useless privileged lefties here. at least the resident posters are interesting and educated unlike your multi youre spamming on here
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1429430431432433983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll