d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1211212213214215983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5.00
Jan 26 2020 08:25am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 25 2020 05:03pm)

Wish someone with more candor would shed light on the genocide of the Palestinians by the pure-evil Zionist Israel regime. Whenever Tlaib or Ohmar do it, it seems to have the counter effect.
Gold: 4,400.67
Jan 26 2020 08:37am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ 26 Jan 2020 15:25)
Wish someone with more candor would shed light on the genocide of the Palestinians by the pure-evil Zionist Israel regime. Whenever Tlaib or Ohmar do it, it seems to have the counter effect.

The Palestinian population has grown at least eightfold since the foundation of the state of Israel, and continues to grow rapidly. Must be the most inefficient genocide in human history...
Gold: 22,189.49
Jan 26 2020 08:48am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 26 2020 07:23am)
Go circlejerk with the other neocons and be a lazy weak intellectual by pretending antisemitism is the same thing as challenging Israel.

Whenever somebody equates anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism I equate that with throwing in the fucking towel so t4t.

You just defended a woman tweeting a false story that jews murdered a child and threw him down a well
And you're going to pretend that false claims of "murdering children and throwing them down wells" is just some legitimized form of "anti-Zionism" and not totally steeped in anti-Semitic tropes?

How much more blood libel could it be?
Whats next, Rashida Tlaib tweeting a story that falsely accuses Netanyahu of kidnapping Palestinian children and exsanguinating them to use the blood in baking his matzo? Shortly followed by Skinned coming here to claim that only lazy weak intellectuals are conflating that legitimate criticism of israel with antisemitism.
Gold: 5.00
Jan 26 2020 08:56am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 26 2020 08:37am)
The Palestinian population has grown at least eightfold since the foundation of the state of Israel, and continues to grow rapidly. Must be the most inefficient genocide in human history...

It's a drawn out conflict, the bodies have been adding up over decades as Israel pushes for more territory. Genocide doesn't always mean simply killing vast swaths of a population as quickly as possible, it's about destroying people in whole or part. Tell me how the actions of Israel have not weakened or reduced the Palestinian people, culture, territories?

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Jan 26 2020 08:57am
Gold: 57.00
Jan 26 2020 09:03am
Quote (Skinned @ 26 Jan 2020 08:23)
Go circlejerk with the other neocons and be a lazy weak intellectual by pretending antisemitism is the same thing as challenging Israel.

Whenever somebody equates anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism I equate that with throwing in the fucking towel so t4t.

The number one predictor of future violence is past violence.

You are a liar if you pretending Israel isn't guilty of past violence and crimes similar to this. And I accept you're dishonest in this topic as demonstrated, and not everyone is falling for your shtick. Other neo cons will cheer though.

As far as your last post I'm accusing you of intellectual Glotism for real.

we get it you like #fakenews - no wonder our nation has so many election-deniers
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 26 2020 10:15am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 25 2020 01:33pm)

How embarrassing. Pompeo acts like a childish fool by cursing at a reporter and then pulling out a map to quiz her. Then he goes on to blatantly lie that this reporter, who has been covering national security and foreign affairs for over 20 years, and has a masters degree in European Studies from Cambridge, can't find Ukraine on a map?

Jonah Goldberg made this point a while ago. You see virtue signaling from the left, but in many cases the opposite is true on the right. It's vice signaling. Acting like an impetuous, childish prick gets the rubes to stand up and cheer. Deplorable is no longer an ironic term of endearment... it's the way you act to signal that you're fighting the good fight.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jan 26 2020 10:24am
Gold: 22,189.49
Jan 26 2020 11:02am
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 26 2020 10:15am)
How embarrassing. Pompeo acts like a childish fool by cursing at a reporter and then pulling out a map to quiz her. Then he goes on to blatantly lie that this reporter, who has been covering national security and foreign affairs for over 20 years, and has a masters degree in European Studies from Cambridge, can't find Ukraine on a map?

Jonah Goldberg made this point a while ago. You see virtue signaling from the left, but in many cases the opposite is true on the right. It's vice signaling. Acting like an impetuous, childish prick gets the rubes to stand up and cheer. Deplorable is no longer an ironic term of endearment... it's the way you act to signal that you're fighting the good fight.

Do you think Mike Pompeo just up and decided to pick a fight with Mary Louise Kelly out of the blue?
You can listen to the taped part of the interview yourself, its clear that Pompeo was aggrieved and thought something was wrong the moment she started talking about Ukraine. It was like watching Ron Paul on Bruno.
They had six and a half minutes of a cordial interview about Iran where Pompeo stuck to a script and was well rehearsed and respectful, and then suddenly we got;

Change of subject. Ukraine. Do you owe Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch an apology?

You know, I agreed to come on your show today to talk about Iran. That's what I intend to do. I know what our Ukraine policy has been now for the three years of this administration. I'm proud of the work we've done. This administration delivered the capability for the Ukrainians to defend themselves. President Obama showed up with MREs (meals ready to eat.) We showed up with Javelin missiles. The previous administration did nothing to take down corruption in Ukraine. We're working hard on that. We're going to continue to do it.

I confirmed with your staff [crosstalk] last night that I would talk about Iran and Ukraine.

I just don't have anything else to say about that this morning.

I just want to give you another opportunity to answer this, because as you know, people who work for you in your department, people who have resigned from this department under your leadership, saying you should stand up for the diplomats who work here. [crosstalk]

I don't know who these unnamed sources are you're referring to. I can tell you this, when I talked to my team here --

Clearly something broke down, because Kelly claims she had confirmed they were going to talk about Ukraine, but Pompeo seems adamant that they weren't going to talk about Ukraine.
Now, someone or multiple people could have borked the communication on either end of that process. It could have been Pompeo's staff, it could have been NPRs
But at that point the interview broke down into being a hostile ambush, with Kelly springing impeachment-related questions on him he clearly wasn't ready to answer, and it devolved into him just showing her the door with a forced civility clearly bristling with indignation;

Can you point me toward your remarks where you have defended Marie Yovanovitch?

I've said all I'm going to say today. Thank you. Thanks for the repeated opportunity to do so. I appreciate that.

One further question on this.

I'm not going to — I appreciate that. I appreciate that you want to continue to talk about this. I agreed to come on your show today to talk about Iran.

After that interview, Pompeo chewed her out in what he claims was an off-the-record interview afterwards. There doesn't seem to be that much room for a misunderstanding here. Any journalist and politician knows the difference, and when Pompeo switched from forced civility to venting about the ambush, it was clearly with an off-the-record understanding. The fact that Kelly chose to report on that aspect of their conversation is a clear breach in journalistic ethics. That's not some misunderstanding, that's not two-sided. If journalists try to run some technical word game gripe of "We said 'mayhaps' off the record", it violates any trust between the administration and respectable media 'covering national security and foreign affairs for over 20 years'

Now, could this have been Pompeo's team screwing up, followed by NPR breaching trust? Or was NPR in the wrong on both accounts? Or was it some mutual misunderstanding? I don't know, they've buried the original gripe with the followup. When Pompeo issued his statement haranguing her and then followed up with that gratuitous "Bangladesh" jab, I'm inclined to believe he was just bullshitting. Probably lying, feeling justified as a response to her lie. Making it a he-said-she-said about where she pointed on the map. And whether or not NPR was responsible for the first one or two breaches, Pompeo was almost certainly responsible for that bullshit.

But looking at who escalated this encounter, there were clear off-ramps. Kelly is an experienced journalist, she should have recognized instantly that there was some miscommunication regarding talking about Ukraine. She chose to press that issue, repeatedly, to the point that Pompeo walked out on her. Just listen to the long pause after he first shuts down the Ukraine question. They sit there for like 5 seconds, then she chooses to come right back to him and ask more and more Ukraine questions. Whatever she thought her interview was about originally, Pompeo's indignation was unmistakable. And once he chewed her out for it, she could have chosen to just leave it there and respect the off-the-record agreement. Instead she violated that too. And your gripe is with Pompeo being impetuous about her pointing out Ukraine on a map?

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jan 26 2020 11:08am
Gold: 14,569.69
Jan 26 2020 11:42am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 25 2020 04:17pm)
Fun fact: incidences of young people with amputations in Palestine are several times higher than any other national average and it is all due to war crimes committed by Israel.

How many children in your community or are related to who are missing limbs due to amputation? Any other sheltered users of PaRD?

this:
1. So sick of the Israel defense mechanism as if somehow keeping the narrative that they are always right will get the US closer to jesus. SMFH idiots live here, for real.
2. Everyone bitches about food stamps etc. health care blah blah, but we send Israel Billions a year.. WTF knock it off. I really like Ireland lets send them Billions? why not? Religion
Twats.
Gold: 2,617.52
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 26 2020 03:47pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 26 2020 12:02pm)
Do you think Mike Pompeo just up and decided to pick a fight with Mary Louise Kelly out of the blue?
You can listen to the taped part of the interview yourself, its clear that Pompeo was aggrieved and thought something was wrong the moment she started talking about Ukraine. It was like watching Ron Paul on Bruno.
They had six and a half minutes of a cordial interview about Iran where Pompeo stuck to a script and was well rehearsed and respectful, and then suddenly we got;

Clearly something broke down, because Kelly claims she had confirmed they were going to talk about Ukraine, but Pompeo seems adamant that they weren't going to talk about Ukraine.
Now, someone or multiple people could have borked the communication on either end of that process. It could have been Pompeo's staff, it could have been NPRs
But at that point the interview broke down into being a hostile ambush, with Kelly springing impeachment-related questions on him he clearly wasn't ready to answer, and it devolved into him just showing her the door with a forced civility clearly bristling with indignation;

After that interview, Pompeo chewed her out in what he claims was an off-the-record interview afterwards. There doesn't seem to be that much room for a misunderstanding here. Any journalist and politician knows the difference, and when Pompeo switched from forced civility to venting about the ambush, it was clearly with an off-the-record understanding. The fact that Kelly chose to report on that aspect of their conversation is a clear breach in journalistic ethics. That's not some misunderstanding, that's not two-sided. If journalists try to run some technical word game gripe of "We said 'mayhaps' off the record", it violates any trust between the administration and respectable media 'covering national security and foreign affairs for over 20 years'

Now, could this have been Pompeo's team screwing up, followed by NPR breaching trust? Or was NPR in the wrong on both accounts? Or was it some mutual misunderstanding? I don't know, they've buried the original gripe with the followup. When Pompeo issued his statement haranguing her and then followed up with that gratuitous "Bangladesh" jab, I'm inclined to believe he was just bullshitting. Probably lying, feeling justified as a response to her lie. Making it a he-said-she-said about where she pointed on the map. And whether or not NPR was responsible for the first one or two breaches, Pompeo was almost certainly responsible for that bullshit.

But looking at who escalated this encounter, there were clear off-ramps. Kelly is an experienced journalist, she should have recognized instantly that there was some miscommunication regarding talking about Ukraine. She chose to press that issue, repeatedly, to the point that Pompeo walked out on her. Just listen to the long pause after he first shuts down the Ukraine question. They sit there for like 5 seconds, then she chooses to come right back to him and ask more and more Ukraine questions. Whatever she thought her interview was about originally, Pompeo's indignation was unmistakable. And once he chewed her out for it, she could have chosen to just leave it there and respect the off-the-record agreement. Instead she violated that too. And your gripe is with Pompeo being impetuous about her pointing out Ukraine on a map?

At least Lou Dobbs is concise in his propaganda.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1211212213214215983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll