d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1167168169170171983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 57.00
Dec 4 2019 10:08am
Quote (balrog66 @ 4 Dec 2019 10:52)

it's good that Trump called that blackface-wearing (he actually painted his entire body what a scumbag) racist leech Trudeau out for being a cowardly cheapskate.
Trudeau acts all tough gossiping like a 5th grade sissy with the pedophile's spouse (Macron) but is a weasel when he actually has to talk to Trump
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 4 2019 10:25am
Quote (excellence @ 4 Dec 2019 17:08)
it's good that Trump called that blackface-wearing (he actually painted his entire body what a scumbag) racist leech Trudeau out for being a cowardly cheapskate.
Trudeau acts all tough gossiping like a 5th grade sissy with the pedophile's spouse (Macron) but is a weasel when he actually has to talk to Trump

he's constantly messing up with protocols, spreading his shit all around like a pig, but you can't accept that 1 time others laugh at him.
Gold: 10,655.00
Dec 4 2019 06:45pm

Biden says he would consider Harris for vice presidential slot

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden/biden-says-he-would-consider-harris-for-vice-presidential-slot-idUSKBN1Y82YH

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A day after U.S. Senator Kamala Harris ended her 2020 presidential bid, former Vice President Joe Biden, a leading contender for the Democratic nomination, said on Wednesday he would consider her as a potential running mate.

Biden, with whom Harris clashed during a Democratic debate earlier this year, praised her after a campaign event in Ames, Iowa.

“Senator Harris has the capacity to be anything she wants to be,” Biden told reporters, according to a video posted by CBS News. “I talked to her yesterday. She’s solid. She can be the president one day herself. She can be the vice president. She can go on to be a Supreme Court justice.”

Biden and Harris had a contentious exchange over forced busing in public schools in the first Democratic debate in Miami in June. It was a standout moment for Harris, who saw her fortunes briefly rise in her party’s contest for the right to challenge Republican President Donald Trump in next year’s election.

But any rift appears to have been closed. Biden praised Harris effusively on Tuesday after she dropped out. Harris was close friends with Biden’s son Beau, before he died of brain cancer in 2015.

Biden told reporters on Wednesday that “of course I would” consider Harris to be his running mate.

Earlier this year, Harris, 55, was viewed as a prime contender in the crowded Democratic presidential field. But organizational and financial woes, along with her struggles to make a compelling case for her candidacy, derailed her campaign.

The U.S. senator from California could potentially bring much to a ticket. A former prosecutor, state attorney general and only the second black woman elected to the Senate, she is still considered a rising star within the party.

After Harris’ exit, 15 Democrats are left to battle for the party’s nomination.

I wonder if Harris dropped out of the 2020 race because of this. Or if Biden grabbed her because she dropped out?
Gold: 4,400.67
Dec 5 2019 12:24am
Quote (Ghot @ 5 Dec 2019 01:45)
Biden says he would consider Harris for vice presidential slot

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-biden/biden-says-he-would-consider-harris-for-vice-presidential-slot-idUSKBN1Y82YH

I wonder if Harris dropped out of the 2020 race because of this. Or if Biden grabbed her because she dropped out?

Biden didnt say that he was specifically thinking about picking Harris for VP, he just said that he would of course consider it. I wouldnt read too much into this statement alone.

However, with the remaining field of top candidates super white, and very old, Harris would be a prime VP pick to "balance" the ticket. She has the right sex, skin color and age. In terms of policy, her and Biden dont seem that far apart either, except for the very liberal stance Harris took on racial issues during her campaign. But in every other field, she would be a decent ideological fit for Biden, while she wouldnt fit Bernie's or Warren's ticket at all.

So in this sense, it would make a fuckton of sense for Biden to pick her. And it's also a very attractive option for Harris - due to Biden's advanced age, there is a decent chance he might die in office so she could succeed him. Even if he does stay healthy throughout his first term, there would be a very high chance that he doesnt seek reelection in 2024 at age 82, and his VP would be the logical choice for Democratic candidate in that case.

Tldr: being Biden's VP candidate right now is probably the best shot Harris will ever get at becoming president, better than running another campaign of her own in 4/8/12 years.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 5 2019 12:27am
Gold: 10,655.00
Dec 5 2019 12:29am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 5 2019 01:24am)
Biden didnt say that he was specifically thinking about picking Harris for VP, he just said that he would of course consider it. I wouldnt read too much into this statement alone.

However, with the remaining field of top candidates super white, and very old, Harris would be a prime VP pick to "balance" the ticket. She has the right sex, skin color and age. In terms of policy, her and Biden dont seem that far apart either, except for the very liberal stance Harris took on racial issues during her campaign. But in every other field, she would be a decent ideological fit for Biden, while she wouldnt fit Bernie's or Warren's ticket at all.

So in this sense, it would make a fuckton of sense for Biden to pick her. And it's also a very attractive option for Harris - due to Biden's advanced age, there is a decent chance he might die in office so she could succeed him. Even if he does stay healthy throughout his first term, there would be a very high chance that he doesnt seek reelection in 2024 at age 82, and his VP would be the logical choice for Democratic candidate in that case.

Tldr: being Biden's VP candidate right now is probably the best shot Harris will ever get at becoming president, better than her running again in 4/8/12 years.

I don't think Harris will EVER get to be president, unless there's a death and she is VP. I don't think she'll get elected though.
Dec 5 2019 12:32am
Quote (Ghot @ 5 Dec 2019 07:29)
I don't think Harris will EVER get to be president, unless there's a death and she is VP. I don't think she'll get elected though.

Agreed, I dont think she would ever win a presidential race of her own.

Gold: 285.00
Dec 7 2019 01:01am
Unemployment is at a 50 year low. Posting that here since the POTUS usually gets the credit or blame for this sort of thing and people largely credit President Trump with this.

So well done President. This is how you will be reelected.
Gold: 4,946.71
Dec 7 2019 01:44am
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 7 2019 01:01am)
Unemployment is at a 50 year low. Posting that here since the POTUS usually gets the credit or blame for this sort of thing and people largely credit President Trump with this.

Barring a China catastrophe which Trump is basically at the helm off (even bad deal is still a deal which will prop the market) there is no way he loses 2020

He will still get the populist vote and Democratic Party has learned nothing, still attempting to front run people like Biden and Warren. They deserve to lose
Dec 7 2019 02:31am
Quote (Skinned @ 7 Dec 2019 08:01)

The thing is... unemployment is a lagging indicator of the economy. Unemployment being at its low point of the economic cycle leaves the door open for the economy to sour within the next 12 months. I consider it unlikely, but a recession is not off the table yet.

Regarding Trump's reelection prospects: a strong economy is usually affecting a president's approval ratings. Given the state of the economy, one would expect a president to have much better approval ratings than Trump currently does. So either the economy is baked in in these numbers and Trump would have even worse numbers without the strong economy, or people dont care because he's so goddamn polarizing. Either way, I wouldnt consider it a given that Trump wins if the economy holds. If there's one president capable of losing reelection despite record low unemployment, it's Trump.

So if the economy holds, I would consider him a decent favorite to win reelection, but imho, it would still be no sure bet at all.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 7 2019 02:32am
Gold: 1.93
Dec 7 2019 02:34am
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 7 2019 06:01pm)

Is it full time employment?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1167168169170171983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll