d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Tetris Based Mixplay Game > Looking For A Coder/programmer
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.00
Aug 14 2019 09:03pm
Hello everyone, I've recently come into contact with a group needing some help, could anyone lend any ideas or us a hand?

Here's our idea.

"I have had this idea for a mixplay game for a long time. I can take care of the design and the visuals, and I've done some research and tests already, but proper implementation is beyond me.

What we need in the team is a programmer who knows their way around a game engine. Nothing fancy at all, just a simple 2d game for now, and someone who can set up a local server that can receive input from mixitup, and send it to the game to control it."

ANY information or help is loved & appreciated as I hope to get this project off it's feet.

Thank you,
Chris
Aug 17 2019 07:44am
*More Details*

Alright, looks the ball is rolling! So the idea was to have a tetris-clone appear at the edge of the screen on the "game scene", and let people control the game from a separate mixplay scene. So for example...

1. Viewer wants to play tetris on my channel. He goes to the "tetris button" in mixplay and presses it.

2. The user is moved to a separate mixplay scene, where the controls for the game is explained. 4 buttons. Left, right, rotate and down.

3. When the player presses "start game", the external program is started on the streaming computer, and the window is activated in OBS. It should be 400*150pixels or something like that. We'll see what the template says.

This stuff I've figured out already. This next stuff is the tricky bit.

4. The individual mixplay controls sends instructions to the local server, and the server, in turn, sends outputs instructions to the game. We need the localhost-thing so that we don't need to resort to the player having to control the streaming computers keyboard.

5. The game runs, the player gets his score. The score is saved to a text file, and if it's on the highscore list, it should somehow be updated on a global high score list for all of us. That way, it becomes easier to keep track of the winner for each month.

This is the idea, but what is do-able might be different. The biggest challenge is the localhost right now, and to feed the game proper instructions.

6. When the game is over, the user is brought back to the main mixplay scene, the game closes.
It might work as a trigger as well. If one of my viewers see that a dude from someone else's channel is on top of the scoreboard, he will want to push him down :)
I think it could become a great thing for us.
Also... the look of the game isn't important right now, but I could make it moddable so we can all have slightly different looks, to make it fit with our own channel design. The important thing is that it doesn't become too intrusive.
I'm thinking of a solid green play field, so we can key out everything but the frame, the tetris-blocks, and the text.
Sep 3 2019 07:29pm
Any insight, anyone?

Any bit of info will help! <3
Gold: 18,115.00
Sep 4 2019 11:07am
make a restful api and json as a data's exchange protocol
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll