d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > 100 Percent New To Wow So Starting On Classic > Omg
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,563.00
Aug 12 2019 09:43pm
Seems like we all have to play same servers if we want to d2jsp together eh.

Wonder why they split the playerbase so much.

Anyways what's the difference between pvp and pve server.

Like I want to lvl 4 run into a lvl 1 and send it back to jesus

I'm.gonna just stomp on lower lvl people for 10 hours a day

Also. What do u lose when u die lol do u drop an ear?
Gold: 0.00
Aug 13 2019 04:08am
PvP is player vs player which is what you are talking about.
Just remember. You being the level 4 killing the 1 also works with a level 30 killing you (or whatever level).
Classic is a much more difficult game than the current release of WoW.
You die you have to run back to your body. I remember there were a lot of campers back in classic so it depends on if they come back as well.

PvE is player vs environment. You don’t have world pvp u less you turn on pvp yourself and then have someone else attack you.

This post was edited by JasperR on Aug 13 2019 04:09am
Gold: 10,995.01
Aug 13 2019 04:27am
you want to play on a "pvp" server for open world pvp
and when you die u become a ghost and run to your body for like 5 mins so u lose time and thats about it

also if your new to wow i wouldnt have super high expectations to "stomp people" right away there are going to be people that have played this game for like 15 years and know how to pvp

This post was edited by dragoneth on Aug 13 2019 04:27am
Aug 13 2019 08:48am
thanks for the response, I guess I will just play the PVE where we have to agree to duel, I dont want to spend my days as a ghost

is there anything in game to trade for FG? like are items worth alot?
Gold: 2,407.00
Aug 13 2019 08:52am
Quote (Diablo_Friend @ Aug 13 2019 10:48am)
thanks for the response, I guess I will just play the PVE where we have to agree to duel, I dont want to spend my days as a ghost

Probably just gold. Most cool items in game become bound to the character that picks them up. People could trade for the small amount of “bind on equip” items but those are sold in game for gold so I’m sure jsp will mostly just be used to trade for gold.
Aug 13 2019 08:54am
Quote (Mastersam93 @ 13 Aug 2019 10:52)
Probably just gold. Most cool items in game become bound to the character that picks them up. People could trade for the small amount of “bind on equip” items but those are sold in game for gold so I’m sure jsp will mostly just be used to trade for gold.

you know I have been watching some videos for beginners to WOW and it looks pretty fun I am not gonna lie, just wish I knew more people who are going to play it
Gold: 10,995.01
Aug 13 2019 11:09am
Quote (Diablo_Friend @ Aug 13 2019 10:48am)

5 mins may have been a little bit of an exaggeration but sometimes it can be like 5 mins if you are on total opposite side of the map vs the spirit healer
however you can res at the spirit healer but you have 10 mins of resurrection sickness (-% of stats) and you take durability loss which gets expensive and you generally dont want that
and like jasper said sometimes you might get that guy whos a dick and just camps your body and will kill you multiple times thats never fun unless you are able to kill him then its like HA YEAH NOW WHAT

and on the pve servers you might not open world pvp as much but you can still do battlegrounds and stuff for some pvp so its not like you are completely choosing pve or pvp

This post was edited by dragoneth on Aug 13 2019 11:10am
Aug 13 2019 12:12pm
Quote (dragoneth @ 13 Aug 2019 13:09)
5 mins may have been a little bit of an exaggeration but sometimes it can be like 5 mins if you are on total opposite side of the map vs the spirit healer
however you can res at the spirit healer but you have 10 mins of resurrection sickness (-% of stats) and you take durability loss which gets expensive and you generally dont want that
and like jasper said sometimes you might get that guy whos a dick and just camps your body and will kill you multiple times thats never fun unless you are able to kill him then its like HA YEAH NOW WHAT

and on the pve servers you might not open world pvp as much but you can still do battlegrounds and stuff for some pvp so its not like you are completely choosing pve or pvp

cool man thanks for the inside scoop. I remember a few years back I played a free trial, I enjoyed the questing to be honest, I was just so lost and didn't understand weather I should be doing quests, if they are in order,

and the dungeeons were hard it seemd like I was always with noobs, as I was a noob, and we died all the time,

I am sure I will spend a few weeks in it especially if i got some IRL friends going ham
Gold: 2,407.00
Aug 13 2019 01:12pm
Quote (Diablo_Friend @ Aug 13 2019 02:12pm)
cool man thanks for the inside scoop. I remember a few years back I played a free trial, I enjoyed the questing to be honest, I was just so lost and didn't understand weather I should be doing quests, if they are in order,

and the dungeeons were hard it seemd like I was always with noobs, as I was a noob, and we died all the time,

I am sure I will spend a few weeks in it especially if i got some IRL friends going ham

There are some addons available to help with quests. I don’t know the names of any good ones off the top of my head but they do things like tell you where to go, etc.. Might be worth it.

Also, I played PvE during retail and had a blast so don’t feel like you’ll be missing out.
Aug 13 2019 02:35pm
Quote (Mastersam93 @ 13 Aug 2019 15:12)
There are some addons available to help with quests. I don’t know the names of any good ones off the top of my head but they do things like tell you where to go, etc.. Might be worth it.

Also, I played PvE during retail and had a blast so don’t feel like you’ll be missing out.

Oh shit like maphack?

I remember I was really annoyed at how vast the world was and as I was lvling I was under leveled because I took one of those goblin planes or eagles I forget what it was but it was flying me all over the place
I couldn't get off where I wanted and flew around for likw 20 mins and I said fick it and logged off forever lol

Such a noob but I understand the time sink. Hunting and skinning things was fun.

I
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll