d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball >
Poll > Better Player Next Season: Simmons Or Doncic?
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 7 2019 10:09am
Quote (Proint @ Aug 7 2019 12:07pm)
Ben Simmons was in the NBA the year prior to winning the award.

Absolute.
Fucking.
Bullshit.

I know you take pride in it because you were held back a few years as well!!

Fuck.
Outta.
Here.

He was "in" the NBA and was injured/limited for much of that first season, and didn't play a single real game during that time....

Meanwhile Doncic was playing professional ball in two of the three best basketball leagues in the world for the past 5 years but you don't say shit about that :rofl:

Plz, stop trying.

This post was edited by Sixers on Aug 7 2019 10:10am
Gold: 17,609.00
Aug 7 2019 10:17am
Any praise for Simmons is moot until he hits over 30% threes.

And uses the floor spacing he is given, which he gets more than Draymond btw.

And Can actually take some responsibility, and be real, instead of all those damn cookie cutter answers all the time, like everything he does says and is is fake. "Its Kawhi' is not an acceptable answer a Rookie should say when being asked why couldn't you defend Kawhi. If you were a seasoned vet who has rejected Kawhi a couple of times, you can say that, but Simmons isn't and he tries to act like he knows shit already, and he doesn't. Which explains why he played so absolute fucking ass in the Toronto Series.
Aug 7 2019 10:43am
Quote (Phaggot @ Aug 7 2019 12:17pm)
Any praise for Simmons is moot until he hits over 30% threes.

And uses the floor spacing he is given, which he gets more than Draymond btw.

And Can actually take some responsibility, and be real, instead of all those damn cookie cutter answers all the time, like everything he does says and is is fake. "Its Kawhi' is not an acceptable answer a Rookie should say when being asked why couldn't you defend Kawhi. If you were a seasoned vet who has rejected Kawhi a couple of times, you can say that, but Simmons isn't and he tries to act like he knows shit already, and he doesn't. Which explains why he played so absolute fucking ass in the Toronto Series.

So now we go from comparing two young guys in their first 1-2 seasons to comparing them to Kawhi Leonard who is a 28 year old 8 year NBA vet and arguably the best player on the planet?
Gold: 17,609.00
Aug 7 2019 10:49am
Quote (Sixers @ 7 Aug 2019 12:43)
So now we go from comparing two young guys in their first 1-2 seasons to comparing them to Kawhi Leonard who is a 28 year old 8 year NBA vet and arguably the best player on the planet?

No not comparing,

Anecdotally speaking towards How much Simmons is full of Himself.

He needs to stay small before he can get big. I fear he is 'too smart' to be wise and will ignore wisdom of others trying to improve his game. I.E Say, Learning how to FUCKING SHOOT THE FUCKING BASKETBALL or something like that. Remember last year when Simmons would talk about how he doesn't need a Jumper or a 3? Selfish Big headed mentality of 'I only need me to get better' like that is why Melo isn't on a team right now.

I am hoping Simmons stays humble this season and doesn't try to show how big his head is trying to get into rising stars and normal allstar game this year like he did last year like a fucking puts.
Aug 7 2019 10:57am
Quote (Phaggot @ Aug 7 2019 12:49pm)
No not comparing,

Anecdotally speaking towards How much Simmons is full of Himself.

He needs to stay small before he can get big. I fear he is 'too smart' to be wise and will ignore wisdom of others trying to improve his game. I.E Say, Learning how to FUCKING SHOOT THE FUCKING BASKETBALL or something like that. Remember last year when Simmons would talk about how he doesn't need a Jumper or a 3? Selfish Big headed mentality of 'I only need me to get better' like that is why Melo isn't on a team right now.

I am hoping Simmons stays humble this season and doesn't try to show how big his head is trying to get into rising stars and normal allstar game this year like he did last year like a fucking puts.

I mean, he's definitely confident as fuck but you have to be at that level lol. He does show it more than some guys, with those smug looks that he gets but for the most part the guy doesn't show a lot of emotion on the floor. When you see him getting pumped up and screaming or showing a lot of emotion you know he's about to do work. Idk how many games we've watched where he has the same blank stare on his face, as if he's not trying hard (which funny enough was on his scouting report coming into the NBA - the issue that the game comes too easy for him and he coasts at times).

Adding a jump shot is something he obviously knows he needs to do, which is what he appears to be working on a lot this off-season. We'll see what happens...

This post was edited by Sixers on Aug 7 2019 10:58am
Gold: 13,820.00
Aug 7 2019 10:58am
Quote (Sixers @ Aug 7 2019 09:09am)
He was "in" the NBA and was injured/limited for much of that first season, and didn't play a single real game during that time....

Meanwhile Doncic was playing professional ball in two of the three best basketball leagues in the world for the past 5 years but you don't say shit about that :rofl:

Plz, stop trying.

If mental gymnastics was an Olympic sport you would have blown Phelps medal record out of the water.
Aug 7 2019 11:02am
Quote (Proint @ Aug 7 2019 12:58pm)
If mental gymnastics was an Olympic sport you would have blown Phelps medal record out of the water.

Mental gymnastics isn't an olympic sport?

What the FUCK have I been training for then?
Gold: 13,820.00
Aug 7 2019 11:14am
Quote (Sixers @ Aug 7 2019 10:02am)

To beat Pita in round 2 of the body challenge
Gold: 50.00
Aug 9 2019 02:18am
Quote (Sixers @ Aug 7 2019 01:02pm)

Lmao u wouldnt have won against malidry anyways.

Gold: 1,131.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 9 2019 02:23am
Quote (ProintAkinos_NaukiOdell @ Aug 9 2019 06:18pm)
Lmao u wouldnt have won against malidry anyways.

Dear lord, if they ever engaged in an argument...
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll