d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Hard To Copy This Site But Change A Few Things?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 95.50
Jul 25 2019 05:55am
https://deckstats.net/?lng=en

basically I want to remove "direct card entry box", "introduction to our builder box", I want to make it so that more cards in the search show up on the page at once and I would also Love them to default as the actual picture instead of the bar of text.

maybe the whole left half of the page would be for the search so that there is more space,

Every other feature I enjoy of the website I just wanted to know how hard it would be, what it would cost to change those things.
oh and maybe take the whole top info bar and just put it on the bottom.

this will be privately hosted and all that so wouldn't be public/for profit or anything like that.

/edit
honestly my biggest fear with pages like this is they come and go so often, at least I could host it and keep it up forever if I wanted.

This post was edited by Bayonet on Jul 25 2019 06:14am
Gold: 2,935.00
Jul 25 2019 05:59am
You want someone to change a website for deckbuilding for you, but you don't own it?

You could use plugins like tampermonkey, but that's just... please no
Jul 25 2019 06:02am
Quote (Klexmoo @ Jul 25 2019 07:59am)
You want someone to change a website for deckbuilding for you, but you don't own it?

You could use plugins like tampermonkey, but that's just... please no

I'm asking how hard it would be to do that.
Risks and Liabilities fall on me if that is a concern and I would be hosting it all myself etc.

It doesn't need to be 100% copied, lots of things can be left out.
Gold: 2,935.00
Jul 25 2019 06:03am
Quote (Bayonet @ 25 Jul 2019 14:02)
I'm asking how hard it would be to do that.
Risks and Liabilities fall on me if that is a concern and I would be hosting it all myself etc.

It doesn't need to be 100% copied, lots of things can be left out.

Copying the site would be basically impossible, but you can modify your view of it much easier (using stuff like tampermonkey as I mentioned)

Jul 25 2019 06:07am
Quote (Klexmoo @ Jul 25 2019 08:03am)
Copying the site would be basically impossible, but you can modify your view of it much easier (using stuff like tampermonkey as I mentioned)

I just know there were sites/programs to copy code or whatever but yeah figured it might be kinda easy for someone who knows this stuff better than I do.

I'll see if I can find something like that but I personally did one class of webdesign and slept through it so I don't do much stuff on this side of it.

Gold: 3,804.50
Jul 25 2019 08:09pm
love tampermonkey :santa:

Quote (Bayonet @ Jul 25 2019 08:07am)
I just know there were sites/programs to copy code or whatever but yeah figured it might be kinda easy for someone who knows this stuff better than I do.

I'll see if I can find something like that but I personally did one class of webdesign and slept through it so I don't do much stuff on this side of it.

if you just want to clone the css/html, then should be easy. more tools -> save page as. if you want to "copy" all the server side code, database, etc then that's a different story.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll