d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Working On A Pvm Druid Build > For My Clan/community
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Jul 22 2019 04:24am
The thing is, infi doesnt benefit nado.

Yeah maybe, but who cares on p1-3 games
Gold: 505.00
Jul 22 2019 04:26am
Quote (Hell_of_Dammed @ Jul 22 2019 12:24pm)
The thing is, infi doesnt benefit nado.

Yeah maybe, but who cares on p1-3 games

this
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Jul 22 2019 04:50am
last wave of baals is pretty hard even with full buff nado.Still gets a little messy. I started with druid this ladder and i was fine at 5k nados and 2k fissure. Tossed on infinity and I raped all day wth up to 3 player games. This was a no gc Mf style druid at the time. My theory is half nado/half fissure. dont buff cyclone armor. i should hit maybe 6.5k nados and honestly no clue on the fissure dmg, but it could be a significant amount. I know dream seems dumb but if you have ever tried dream + infinity on a merc then you would understand that hurrican + fissure + dream dmg + nado is an extreme amount of DPS in a VERY concentrated area. THIS DROPS HRS LIKE A FUCKER okay. If you have any doubt im wrong then take one of your mfers and compare the log 1 week to the next with a proper DPS killer. I promise you more hrs...

Back to the build.. Adding 9 gcs and running the breakpoint under 163 would enable me to increase fire dmg significantly and possible cold dmg. The more i think about it buffing cold dmg my be my best bet if I was to go with infinity merc for the final wave. Another thing I noticed is a merc will also proc corspe explosion off of an armor called courspemourn. What is interesting also about this is he usually casts it on the last wave of throne. Like lol couldnt got any smarter really. So back to nado dmg and the idea of c/e being possible involve maybe i can come up on a way to cast amp?

I have a feeling my build will be fire cold and nado and merc set up off of that. Most likely a high defense treachery for ias and fade, and use a either a 2 socket coa ber cham or andys cham'd

If i dont do that then act 5 merc might be a next best option for pure nado. I don't have any expierence with a5 merc but as it does equip barbarian gear maybe that's the solution im missing in the whole big picture.

I have made 700mf sorc and paladin before and beside the basic max res max block or max es max man the merc was there real lifeline.

You have to remember that nado can't kill everything and nado puts me right in front of every enemy. Casting fissure on cold immunes or poison immunes is awesome to watch, especially when infinity sets in. It great to because you can attack close by and you can attack far range, and when you dive into that far range attack with your nado hurrican merc and bear 1 nado clears there last hp and you tele to the next mob.

Even in hell 8 player game. Dream helm merc infinity dmg's throne enemies. Not much, but definitly adds up when its htting everything at once. DPS goes up.

The other thing that makes me know this is the way to go is when in baal with this build I get targed every game.. even with zons in game.

This post was edited by treezin on Jul 22 2019 04:58am
Gold: 45.00
Jul 22 2019 05:20am
Not sure whats the idea of this thread. What I understood you are talking about tribrid druid and merc all doing medicore damage
Gold: 65.00
Jul 22 2019 12:27pm
if you want something for your clan and community don't bother with a dual or tri build you will do virtually nothing beneficial for anyone.
either go full elemental or full shaper
also infinity is pretty worthless on a hurricane/nado druid. and if you're trying to give benefits to other people, let them use their own infinity and put a reapers on your merc instead.

This post was edited by Jimcornlive on Jul 22 2019 12:27pm
Jul 22 2019 01:19pm
Quote (Jimcornlive @ Jul 22 2019 11:27am)
if you want something for your clan and community don't bother with a dual or tri build you will do virtually nothing beneficial for anyone.
either go full elemental or full shaper
also infinity is pretty worthless on a hurricane/nado druid. and if you're trying to give benefits to other people, let them use their own infinity and put a reapers on your merc instead.

A full nado + reaper troll dudu cannot clear throne by himself effectively on all waves...
With 1 other player it doesn't get any easier..

A hybrid druid can clear throne effectively...
With up to a few players..
Having a druid with infinity will support all elemental type damages from players who are lower level and can't equip infinity...

There is usually a sorc... And when there is no sorc there is a light zon.
And infinity gives CB

like wth? Im not sure if you have uber'd before but if you go to meph with a super high level conviction aura its cancels out mephies aura....

Basically if you have never built a hybrid druid please don't post. You wouldn't understand the extreme DPS factor to runes this game lacks to tell people.

Gold: 65.00
Jul 23 2019 08:28am
Quote (treezin @ Jul 22 2019 12:19pm)
A full nado + reaper troll dudu cannot clear throne by himself effectively on all waves...
With 1 other player it doesn't get any easier..

A hybrid druid can clear throne effectively...
With up to a few players..
Having a druid with infinity will support all elemental type damages from players who are lower level and can't equip infinity...

There is usually a sorc... And when there is no sorc there is a light zon.
And infinity gives CB

like wth? Im not sure if you have uber'd before but if you go to meph with a super high level conviction aura its cancels out mephies aura....

Basically if you have never built a hybrid druid please don't post. You wouldn't understand the extreme DPS factor to runes this game lacks to tell people.

hybrids suck.
again, someone else who actually uses lightning spells can use infinity. you dont even need infinity for wave 2 to clear effectively
with 1 other player it makes it tons easier. literally any other char can help you clear wave 2 as long as it's not a bo barb
what does ubering and have anything to do with running baal in your op lol changing the subject now
full geared nado druid still > hybrid. don't get too mad guy

Quote (treezin @ Jul 17 2019 11:16am)
hes going to be strong af hybrid baal runner whois not going to swoop on drops for 5-10 seconds

this guy is going to be able to solo a full game

i have the general idea together and have tested out the build somewhat

are there any ways to deal with dolls and high hitting physical mobs in the throne beside shield and dr/summons?

Jul 23 2019 01:51pm
Just thinking outside of the box here. Some mob's have conviction and im wondering if the auras cancel eachother out at all, like they do in ubers.

I guess I don't want the classic boring nado druid, but give for take most of everyone is saying full nado no hybrid. I will have to make both and see for myself, but in the short run sounds like its nados for now..

Time will tell and I will update the designs and results in the next couple weeks. Any ideas or anything let me know because im chopping this one up as much as i can.
Gold: 500.00
Jul 23 2019 05:44pm
Quote (treezin @ 23 Jul 2019 21:51)
Just thinking outside of the box here. Some mob's have conviction and im wondering if the auras cancel eachother out at all, like they do in ubers.

I guess I don't want the classic boring nado druid, but give for take most of everyone is saying full nado no hybrid. I will have to make both and see for myself, but in the short run sounds like its nados for now..

Time will tell and I will update the designs and results in the next couple weeks. Any ideas or anything let me know because im chopping this one up as much as i can.

Higher lvl conv stays active. It also is only benefitial for the owner of the higher aura, not his teammates. Your druid still gets convicted even if your merc have lvl63543 conv. So your argument is invalid.
Gold: 109.50
Jul 24 2019 04:28pm
Quote (treezin @ 22 Jul 2019 04:50)
last wave of baals is pretty hard even with full buff nado.Still gets a little messy. I started with druid this ladder and i was fine at 5k nados and 2k fissure. Tossed on infinity and I raped all day wth up to 3 player games. This was a no gc Mf style druid at the time. My theory is half nado/half fissure. dont buff cyclone armor. i should hit maybe 6.5k nados and honestly no clue on the fissure dmg, but it could be a significant amount. I know dream seems dumb but if you have ever tried dream + infinity on a merc then you would understand that hurrican + fissure + dream dmg + nado is an extreme amount of DPS in a VERY concentrated area. THIS DROPS HRS LIKE A FUCKER okay. If you have any doubt im wrong then take one of your mfers and compare the log 1 week to the next with a proper DPS killer. I promise you more hrs...

Back to the build.. Adding 9 gcs and running the breakpoint under 163 would enable me to increase fire dmg significantly and possible cold dmg. The more i think about it buffing cold dmg my be my best bet if I was to go with infinity merc for the final wave. Another thing I noticed is a merc will also proc corspe explosion off of an armor called courspemourn. What is interesting also about this is he usually casts it on the last wave of throne. Like lol couldnt got any smarter really. So back to nado dmg and the idea of c/e being possible involve maybe i can come up on a way to cast amp?

I have a feeling my build will be fire cold and nado and merc set up off of that. Most likely a high defense treachery for ias and fade, and use a either a 2 socket coa ber cham or andys cham'd

If i dont do that then act 5 merc might be a next best option for pure nado. I don't have any expierence with a5 merc but as it does equip barbarian gear maybe that's the solution im missing in the whole big picture.

I have made 700mf sorc and paladin before and beside the basic max res max block or max es max man the merc was there real lifeline.

You have to remember that nado can't kill everything and nado puts me right in front of every enemy. Casting fissure on cold immunes or poison immunes is awesome to watch, especially when infinity sets in. It great to because you can attack close by and you can attack far range, and when you dive into that far range attack with your nado hurrican merc and bear 1 nado clears there last hp and you tele to the next mob.

Even in hell 8 player game. Dream helm merc infinity dmg's throne enemies. Not much, but definitly adds up when its htting everything at once. DPS goes up.

The other thing that makes me know this is the way to go is when in baal with this build I get targed every game.. even with zons in game.

Hammerdin or sorc in high lvl area is going to find fitty times more HRs than any Druid build in any area
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll