d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Ma Sin > Help
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.95
Jun 28 2019 07:52pm
I have never tried a MA sin at all and have always wanted to try 1..
It seems like Kick sins are pretty useless unless i have some top notch gear or trap hybrid.
Is there a MA skill that can solo P8 hell games with the usual "meph farmed" gear?

I would love to hear all advice and inputs on what u've experienced to work best early game, nightmare, and hell. And what ever guides / advice there is to a solid trapless MA SIN
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 80%
Jun 28 2019 08:07pm
Quote (15bucks @ Jun 29 2019 03:52am)
It seems like Kick sins are pretty useless unless i have some top notch gear or trap hybrid.
Is there a MA skill that can solo P8 hell games with the usual "meph farmed" gear?

I would love to hear all advice and inputs on what u've experienced to work best early game, nightmare, and hell. And what ever guides / advice there is to a solid trapless MA SIN

Well, ofc it's possible, just tricky, charge-up skills are just uncomfortable and releasers are sometimes buggy, even with 'perfect' gear MA sins are never easy chars to play due to game mechanics and weird damage output.

But ofc fun and viable xd

Sadly it's just better to dtalon things and death sentry the rest.
Gold: 7,570.00
Jun 28 2019 08:51pm
Quote (15bucks @ 29 Jun 2019 03:52)

Make Nebula's little sister! Could be fun B)
Jun 29 2019 05:57am
Quote (Wisteria @ Jun 28 2019 10:07pm)
Well, ofc it's possible, just tricky, charge-up skills are just uncomfortable and releasers are sometimes buggy, even with 'perfect' gear MA sins are never easy chars to play due to game mechanics and weird damage output.

But ofc fun and viable xd

Sadly it's just better to dtalon things and death sentry the rest.

That sucks... I guess thats why i've never tried 1, lol..
Gold: 65.00
Jun 29 2019 12:21pm
kicksins are much better than ma sins even with mediocre/"bad" gear
chargeup post synergies are terrible unfortunately
sucks that a patch could kill almost a full skill tree on a char

if u truly want to go ma charge up skills, ur best bet is prob phoenix strike with a 2nd element. basically being a melee version of dual element sorc
or pick 1 element and for immunes using (tiger strike?) the physical one

This post was edited by Jimcornlive on Jun 29 2019 12:22pm
Gold: 666.69
Jun 30 2019 10:37am
I’ve done this going claw claw, it’s tedious but fun and rewarding. You just have to position yourself well. Using a higher level shadow and claw block helped. Fade is a big help if hc. You can also use d flight to tele in and out of battle with 1 point in. It can be risky though and should be used very carefully.

Shadow can be a big help, tends to rush in... if your shadow dies like a fly, run.
Jun 30 2019 11:12am
Quote (PatheiMathos @ Jun 30 2019 12:37pm)
I’ve done this going claw claw, it’s tedious but fun and rewarding. You just have to position yourself well. Using a higher level shadow and claw block helped. Fade is a big help if hc. You can also use d flight to tele in and out of battle with 1 point in. It can be risky though and should be used very carefully.

Shadow can be a big help, tends to rush in... if your shadow dies like a fly, run.

I'm noy very great with being careful...

Do u remember what skills u used?

I would use the MA tree and the shadow tree, I dont want any of the trap tree skills (maybe I could make a rule that if I use claw I could use whatever trap skills that is on the claws but no hard points)
Gold: 666.69
Jun 30 2019 06:10pm
Yes Ma plus shadow trees. The only trap worth it would be death sentry for the corpse explosion. Great crowd control, but some may consider that a bit overpowered. I say if it makes the game fun then go for it. Can’t really use it against bosses or tough champ packs anyways, just trash mobs so you don’t have to smack em all.

The use it only if it’s on your claw sounds awesome honestly.

Experiment with the different elements, Phoenix is cool, but you may find you prefer focusing on one. The cold damage one is pretty sweet. And I’m sure you probably know but don’t forget about the passive benefit of damage reduction for fade. I think for a melee sin, max fade is ideal even if the res returns are shitty. You can put Iike 10 in initially and start to max it once you’re nearing end game.
Jul 1 2019 10:33am
I'm thinking it would be better to use usual weapons over claws since I'm only wanting to do kicks..

Reasons:
Claw mastery wouldn't benefit the kicks
Better weapon (runeword) capabilities
It would take ages of farming to find a good claw

Does burst of speed effect kicks (what level would u stop investing)??

Would it be worth even skilling fade since I would be using BoS?

Master or Warrior??? Master could cast death sentry (traps in general) at least..

Does venom work with kicks?

I have no damn clue about assassins unless its traps !!!!
Jul 9 2019 06:40pm
So what would you consider hell ready gear for Kick sin ??
I've voted no claws because i'm using my feet not claws...

Helmet - Gulimans (35 CB) Um'd (+15 res)
Armor - Lionheart (30 res)
Belt - String of Ears
Boots - Double upped Goblin toes (25 CB)
Gloves - Blood Craft
Weapon - Black flail (40 CB)
Shield - Rhyme (grim shield) (25 res)
Ring 1 - Ravenfrost
Ring 2 - High AR (or raven)
Amulet - + SIN skills + res (maybe even a lucky blood craft roll)

100% Crushing Blow
55 All Res (+64 Fade = 119 total) (+um = 134 )

Skilling: I'm way lost on this !!!!

20 Tiger strike
20 dragon talon
20 shadow master
20 fade
1 cobra strike (LL / ML)
1 physic hammer
1 mind blast
1 claw mastery
1 weapon block
1 burst of speed
1 shadow warrior