d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Necro Question: Best Merc, Ce > And Iron Golem
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.00
Jun 27 2019 05:15pm
Hey guys,

I hope I’m in the right spot.

Questions regarding a necro that I’m doing a walk for first time.

1. What is the best merc for a Norm walkthru?
2. How many points into CE? Radius is useful but how useful.
3. At leve 25 can I make an iron golem from a Grandfather blade for example?

Thanks!
Gold: 0.95
Jun 27 2019 06:02pm
1 into amp and maxing CE is what i've seen
as long as u have something that can kill and leave the corpse poppable..

Act 2 merc is usually the main 1 used.. Normal act 2 merc can carry blessed aim,prayer or cleanse, defiance (plus u can make a nice polearm for him to use until he can use insight) :thumbsup:
Iron golemn is nice if u have some protection around him or enough synergies to help him stay alive...

Gold: 425.83
Jun 27 2019 11:13pm
Quote (Nickinator @ 27 Jun 2019 17:15)
Hey guys,

I hope I’m in the right spot.

Questions regarding a necro that I’m doing a walk for first time.

1. What is the best merc for a Norm walkthru?
2. How many points into CE? Radius is useful but how useful.
3. At leve 25 can I make an iron golem from a Grandfather blade for example?

Thanks!

I'm assuming you're making an untwinked summoner since you didn't specify.

1. Any A2 merc does the job while waiting for the NM offensive one with might.
2. Max after skeletons and mastery. Summoners have plenty of skill points remaining and more radius is always good.
3. You could, but golems alone rather weak without the necessary +skills or skill investment and good protection. I prefer the clay one since you can resummon it whenever you need it (behind archers or gloams so they don't shoot projectiles since that's what usually kill summoners)
If you have decent gear, you could go with an insight golem but again, for an untwinked walkthrough, I rather have the clay one.
Other good thing about the clay one is the slow, since bosses usually decimate the skeletons and that is usually fixed with decrepify and a clay golem. Bosses usually attack the golem first so you can keep recasting it again and again while your army slowly kill them.
Gold: 4.00
Jun 28 2019 06:57am
Appreciate all the answers!
Gold: 65.00
Jun 28 2019 11:42am
volk summed up pretty well but to add to point #3, you should invest in a point in dim vision for archers. skill is underused, yet amazing and keeps you safe from archers/mages or from getting overwhelmed from big groups of monsters
clay golem also slows bosses which is why people use it. and stacks with decrepify

This post was edited by Jimcornlive on Jun 28 2019 11:42am
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll