d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Democratic Nomination
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 23 2019 06:59pm
Joe Biden is the Democratic front-runner, how enthusiastic or comfortable would you be with Biden as the nominee to take on current President Donald Trump in the 2020 election?

One of the first things people might consider is Biden is already 76, and by the time he would be sworn in he would be 78

Do you believe there is a better candidate on the forefront, and if so, who would you recommend?

I believe that Bernie Sanders has too many radical viewpoints to have serious consideration

Elizabeth Warren has too much of an uphill climb for a variety of reasons and to be honest she seems like the type that would crumble in an aggressive debate with Trump

Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 23 2019 07:04pm
Biden would do alright but I don't want him

Tulsi/Yang/Weld/Trump/Bernie/warren/the rest of em

Sanders is a pragmatist at heart no matter what his most loyal followers think he would be fine the mayor guy would be fine

The reality is that Trump is probably the best option for another term not because he is good quite the opposite but because the good won't get voted in and I can wait another 4 for someone better to maybe have a shot

it's not gonna be tulsi or yang or bernie so I'll take Trump while the democrats maybe get their shit together or they won't but either way if it's Biden or Harris the dems don't deserve it
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 23 2019 07:23pm
I wanted John Delaney to win

Biden will win if he doesn't get a stroke or drop out
Gold: 633.87
Jun 23 2019 07:25pm
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 23 2019 07:59pm)
Joe Biden is the Democratic front-runner, how enthusiastic or comfortable would you be with Biden as the nominee to take on current President Donald Trump in the 2020 election?

One of the first things people might consider is Biden is already 76, and by the time he would be sworn in he would be 78

Do you believe there is a better candidate on the forefront, and if so, who would you recommend?

I believe that Bernie Sanders has too many radical viewpoints to have serious consideration

Elizabeth Warren has too much of an uphill climb for a variety of reasons and to be honest she seems like the type that would crumble in an aggressive debate with Trump

Crazy Bernie struggles to understand foreign policy at a very basic level. I think that's disqualifying.

Warren and Harris need to stop pandering to extremists and challenge Biden for control of the center. Buttigieg has no experience at any relevant level of government, and O'Rourke's claim to fame is losing a Senate race.

It seems that Biden is the best of a sad lot.
Jun 23 2019 07:26pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 23 2019 08:25pm)
Crazy Bernie struggles to understand foreign policy at a very basic level. I think that's disqualifying.

Warren and Harris need to stop pandering to extremists and challenge Biden for control of the center. Buttigieg has no experience at any relevant level of government, and O'Rourke's claim to fame is losing a Senate race.

It seems that Biden is the best of a sad lot.

if Biden names Harris as his VP and swears to only serve one term, I think he could beat Trump
Jun 23 2019 07:32pm
Quote (Giannis @ Jun 23 2019 06:26pm)
if Biden names Harris as his VP and swears to only serve one term, I think he could beat Trump

Biden can beat Trump pretty much by phoning it in, can isn't necessarily will but he has numbers pretty well built in for a close competitive race without "needing" to do much

should he win? nah

Harris can hit the road. Her big things are pandering on guns while at the same time playing 90s conservative with her tough on crime I'm gonna take trump down nonsense

no thanks
Banned
Warn: 20%
Jun 23 2019 07:36pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 24 2019 02:32am)
Biden can beat Trump pretty much by phoning it in, can isn't necessarily will but he has numbers pretty well built in for a close competitive race without "needing" to do much

should he win? nah

Harris can hit the road. Her big things are pandering on guns while at the same time playing 90s conservative with her tough on crime I'm gonna take trump down nonsense

no thanks

So who would you vote for? And are you a democrat or republican?
Jun 23 2019 07:50pm
Quote (Lasagnacat @ Jun 23 2019 06:36pm)
So who would you vote for? And are you a democrat or republican?

I'm writing in Tulsi

I'm a pretty moderate liberal when it comes to most policy so depending on where I live at any given time I can go a variety for local typically democrat national

main focus is criminal justice reform/ very opposed to war/ environment

A lot of times conservatives/libertarians and I agree on the principle of something not the policy exception being guns but conservative personalities are really annoying and sheltered on politics so I mess with them more

A lot of the times the stuff on the left isn't for me personally but I support them to be left alone to make those choices

I genuinely think there are good and bad things within right/left/libertarian and moderate policy changes headed in the right direction (less caged humans, less killed humans, better treatment of mentally ill/disabled humans etc) is the way better way overall

being extreme on things is unproductive to me so I definitely don't think R D L have a monopoly on good or bad ideas

This post was edited by Beowulf on Jun 23 2019 07:50pm
Banned
Warn: 20%
Jun 23 2019 07:55pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 24 2019 02:50am)
I'm writing in Tulsi

I'm a pretty moderate liberal when it comes to most policy so depending on where I live at any given time I can go a variety for local typically democrat national

main focus is criminal justice reform/ very opposed to war/ environment

A lot of times conservatives/libertarians and I agree on the principle of something not the policy exception being guns but conservative personalities are really annoying and sheltered on politics so I mess with them more

A lot of the times the stuff on the left isn't for me personally but I support them to be left alone to make those choices

I genuinely think there are good and bad things within right/left/libertarian and moderate policy changes headed in the right direction (less caged humans, less killed humans, better treatment of mentally ill/disabled humans etc) is the way better way overall

being extreme on things is unproductive to me so I definitely don't think R D L have a monopoly on good or bad ideas

What's your stance on China?

China is slowly taking over the world with their debt-trap diplomacy. Taiwan and Hong Kong will be taken back by china soon. Then there is the dispute about the deshima islands.

If I was american I would surely vote someone who is anti-china.

Of all issues China is the most important one.
Jun 23 2019 08:05pm
Quote (Lasagnacat @ Jun 23 2019 06:55pm)
What's your stance on China?

China is slowly taking over the world with their debt-trap diplomacy. Taiwan and Hong Kong will be taken back by china soon. Then there is the dispute about the deshima islands.

If I was american I would surely vote someone who is anti-china.

Of all issues China is the most important one.

most important is probably what yang has cooking over there in midwest truckerville

if you wanna talk about what overall is probably best going forward it might not be his exact plan but it's probably him and his rhetoric

I think a yang on domestic and tulsi on foreign partnership would be a helluva combo

towns and ways of life are dying out there they have been dying and they will continue to die and with that comes a whole lot of misery and ole Yang is the only one addressing that in some way

I'm a help poverty any way possible kinda guy and I don't thing Yang specifically is targeting that with his plans BUT the effects from his plans still help it

personally I think people think things are better than they are on this economy and there are a lot of places people don't talk about that are becoming and going to become more and more of these addicted crime ridden junk towns with nowhere to work and only the dark arts to keep alive
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll