d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > How Much Would You Pay
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 166.00
Jun 16 2019 04:28pm
I'm not trying to fuck with you, I know it sounds "too good to be true"

But that's wats so kick-ass about physics, they don't fucking care
Jun 16 2019 04:34pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jun 16 2019 04:24pm)
Okay then my only arguement would be ease of access. The gauge will only function under load(as far as I'm aware), so what are you going to? See your horsepower. Pull over. Connect whatever you have to connect for your tuning purposes and so forth. Why not just use the dyno like any real tuner does and do it properly? Without sounding like a dick, I would assume if you're having to ask advice on a diablo website you're probably not as comfortable tuning as you think you are. I've never heard any serious consider these. Real Street Performance, Titan Motorsports, Hefner Performance, and more are around where I live in Florida and I know many of them personally and they would never consider something like this. Theres a reason people pay 100 plus dollars to use them. They work. My daily is running little over 600 to the wheels and I'd never even consider something like that, just from a reliability standpoint alone.

That's my point!!

You can figure out hp WITHOUT a dyno (talk about ease of access)

It's all a computer program that just reads numbers and calculates the equation, it's not something you'd slap on 2 different vehicles in the same day(unless they're very compatible)

Of course you need every input available, data is always useful
Gold: 167.80
Jun 16 2019 04:35pm
I'm not saying it's too good to be true. It's just a mathematical formula. I have no doubt another device can recreate that. But having a gauge that just gives me horsepower and torque is technically useless. If you had access to a dyno and own one like you say, imagine youd know that's the best and most convenient way to tune your vehicle. Knowing your horsepower isn't something that'll help with tuning. Its literally useless. If you want to make sure you wont blow your tranny cause of how much you make, that's all torque. Nothing is used in horsepower as its theoretical.
Jun 16 2019 04:35pm
The gauge essentially reads like a A/F gauge
Jun 16 2019 04:37pm
A/F is useless. Horsepower is not. All I'm saying. Seems like a waste of time and money. Bragging tools for kids in slow cars.
Jun 16 2019 04:39pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jun 16 2019 04:35pm)
I'm not saying it's too good to be true. It's just a mathematical formula. I have no doubt another device can recreate that. But having a gauge that just gives me horsepower and torque is technically useless. If you had access to a dyno and own one like you say, imagine youd know that's the best and most convenient way to tune your vehicle. Knowing your horsepower isn't something that'll help with tuning. Its literally useless. If you want to make sure you wont blow your tranny cause of how much you make, that's all torque. Nothing is used in horsepower as its theoretical.

Exactly, I'm not living and dying by the #s

It's just a way to measure changes

If I add timing on the high end, it's very easy to see (graphically, on my phone) wat it changed
Jun 16 2019 04:40pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jun 16 2019 04:37pm)
A/F is useless. Horsepower is not. All I'm saying. Seems like a waste of time and money. Bragging tools for kids in slow cars.

:santa:

I'll pretend you were exaggerating
Jun 16 2019 04:47pm
Quote (Cummies @ Jun 16 2019 05:40pm)
:santa:

I'll pretend you were exaggerating

Sorry. I meant that the other way. A/F is useful. Horsepower is not. I just did 10 minutes of research on these gauges. Nobody takes them serious. The computerized ones works off what your factory horsepower is an calculated changes based off A/F, map data, rpm and so forth. Mechanical gauges are even more of a joke than that. Never going to replace a dull dyno. And I know I dont want my Camaro that I have over 20k in being tuned off estimates and guesses.
Jun 16 2019 04:56pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jun 16 2019 04:47pm)
Sorry. I meant that the other way. A/F is useful. Horsepower is not. I just did 10 minutes of research on these gauges. Nobody takes them serious. The computerized ones works off what your factory horsepower is an calculated changes based off A/F, map data, rpm and so forth. Mechanical gauges are even more of a joke than that. Never going to replace a dull dyno. And I know I dont want my Camaro that I have over 20k in being tuned off estimates and guesses.

Ok now we're at the meat of it

I agree, hp is a relative term, bit you can still use it if you understand it

I know of those gimmicks, they do have some Merritt, but you need to have accurate input

They assume things to appeal to the very people who want to boast about hp, instead of using that information for a bigger purpose

I have no hand in pointless ego boosting, like I've already stated, my technique requires 100% honesty for an accurate measurement, I could easily set the numbers to show my Mercury tracer pushing 1000 hp

But I know it makes exactly 87. Something
Jun 16 2019 06:30pm
I just realiZed I may need to state this

I've tested my system/coding on MULTIPLE dynamometers, and .23 was the biggest (and if you understand the math) most confusing discrepancy,

I honestly can't explain that 1 run, but I treat it as an outlier
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll