d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Lld Civilization 5
Prev123456Next
Closed New Topic
Gold: 109.50
Jun 16 2019 09:53pm
Quote (Worrywart @ 16 Jun 2019 20:51)
Multiple countries including mexico now have higher obesity rates than America.
Yet another thing Mexico stole from us

Does it mean the world is getting fatter or USA is dieting more?

I heard that you can get by in corporate America knowing only Spanish and not even speaking English haha is that an exaggeration?
Gold: 175.01
Jun 16 2019 10:04pm
Quote (Belarathon @ Jun 16 2019 11:53pm)
Does it mean the world is getting fatter or USA is dieting more?

I heard that you can get by in corporate America knowing only Spanish and not even speaking English haha is that an exaggeration?

Shit food is getting cheaper as a % of income. Lower income families tend to eat like shit. Our global economy means that rural mexicans are eating shit like canned ravioli and fruit gushers.
The price of a decent meal isn't dropping as fast and so the bottom rung of society is getting fatter globally.

And no. You need to enough english to pass the US citizenship exams (there are certain exemptions that allow you to take the exam in Spanish but it's not that common)
Until the Chinese get their act together and eclipse the US english will still be the preferred language for business.
Jun 16 2019 10:18pm
Quote (Worrywart @ 16 Jun 2019 21:04)
Shit food is getting cheaper as a % of income. Lower income families tend to eat like shit. Our global economy means that rural mexicans are eating shit like canned ravioli and fruit gushers.
The price of a decent meal isn't dropping as fast and so the bottom rung of society is getting fatter globally.

And no. You need to enough english to pass the US citizenship exams (there are certain exemptions that allow you to take the exam in Spanish but it's not that common)
Until the Chinese get their act together and eclipse the US english will still be the preferred language for business.

Have you read Walden? It seems up your alley considering the cabin and all.

And thanks for the info.. I have never been to the USA and the news portrays it so terribly haha also a lot of the Americans I see coming here are very rude and entitled. So I don't really know what is the norm and what's not. I guess it varies from state to state. I see America almost as more of a meme than anything, kind of like the Quebec of the entire world. And that's without social media haha. Hawaii and Alaska seem awesome though. That's my ignorance though, I should learn more about my neighbour to the south! Haha off to join snipa in PRD section
Gold: 0.00
Jun 16 2019 11:00pm
Quote (Belarathon @ Jun 16 2019 11:18pm)

And thanks for the info.. I have never been to the USA and the news portrays it so terribly haha also a lot of the Americans I see coming here are very rude and entitled. So I don't really know what is the norm and what's not. I guess it varies from state to state. I see America almost as more of a meme than anything, kind of like the Quebec of the entire world. And that's without social media haha. Hawaii and Alaska seem awesome though. That's my ignorance though, I should learn more about my neighbour to the south! Haha off to join snipa in PRD section

Philadelphia and L.A. are super chill areas. You would prob like them. Los vegas is a shit show as you can imagine, especially if you go to the pool parties. Google wet republic los vegas. I dare ya

This post was edited by lld_mayhem on Jun 16 2019 11:19pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 17 2019 07:27am
Quote (Belarathon @ Jun 16 2019 10:18pm)

just go to the midwest, wisconsin preferably, and its basically canada with better beer/cheese!
Gold: 8.73
Jun 17 2019 07:40am
Quote (Belarathon @ Jun 17 2019 12:18am)

Like anywhere in the world, people are hit and miss.
Shit floats to the top so don't judge us based on who is the loudest or who is in charge.

Small town America is probably pretty similar to small town Canada, except we're overburdened with debt.

I've got a friend I play with from Vancouver and whenever she talks about saving money for a house I lose it. A 2 bedroom house where she lives would pay for 20x 2 bedroom houses in my neighborhood even though the average income is the same

This post was edited by SuperButt420 on Jun 17 2019 07:40am
Gold: 0.00
Jun 17 2019 07:41am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 17 2019 08:27am)
just go to the midwest, wisconsin preferably, and its basically canada with better beer/cheese!

The French make good cheese. Cheese from Ontario is basically plastic
Jun 17 2019 08:17am
Quote (SuperButt420 @ 17 Jun 2019 06:40)
Like anywhere in the world, people are hit and miss.
Shit floats to the top so don't judge us based on who is the loudest or who is in charge.

Small town America is probably pretty similar to small town Canada, except we're overburdened with debt.

I've got a friend I play with from Vancouver and whenever she talks about saving money for a house I lose it. A 2 bedroom house where she lives would pay for 20x 2 bedroom houses in my neighborhood even though the average income is the same

Vancouver is probably the most expensive place to live in Canada since the Asians started buying up all the properties. I live in a very expensive place in Canada as well but it’s still nothing compared to Vancouver

Gotta toss a hard LOL to snipa saying Americans have better beer (regardless of state) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 17 2019 08:32am
Quote (Belarathon @ Jun 17 2019 08:17am)
Vancouver is probably the most expensive place to live in Canada since the Asians started buying up all the properties. I live in a very expensive place in Canada as well but it’s still nothing compared to Vancouver

Gotta toss a hard LOL to snipa saying Americans have better beer (regardless of state) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Labatt Blue is honestly my favorite beer, but generally wisconsin beers > canada beers.

we have so many good micro breweries and spotted cow is second only to labatt blue, and available only in WI.

but yeah if i drive 10 miles in any direction i hit a microbrewery, not even an exaggeration lol
Gold: 8.73
Jun 17 2019 08:58am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 17 2019 10:32am)
Labatt Blue is honestly my favorite beer, but generally wisconsin beers > canada beers.

we have so many good micro breweries and spotted cow is second only to labatt blue, and available only in WI.

but yeah if i drive 10 miles in any direction i hit a microbrewery, not even an exaggeration lol

My town has opened more than 10 microbreweries in the last few years. I'm not a beer person but some of them are awesome places to hang out with friends after work
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev123456Next
Closed New Topic