d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Game Of Thrones Finale > Legal Issues
Prev1789101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,534.02
May 21 2019 09:15am
Quote (Handcuffs @ May 19 2019 10:22pm)
I've never seen a single episode, but do want to watch the series someday.

Its very much worth the watch. Seasons 1-5 are great. 6 & 7 are still good and 8 is.... well.... a giant pile of shit.

Seasons 1-5 are just downright special. Great TV.
Gold: 5,016.77
Gold: 2,009.99
May 21 2019 10:38am
I didn’t think it was complete dog shit like others do, however there were some things I didn’t like, & it definitely didn’t deliver like I thought & wanted the series finale to.

For one. Grey Worm & Co would have butchered Jon the moment they realized he murdered Dany. Period.

I don’t like how everyone agreed to banish Jon, the hero/brother/true king so easily. The Unsullied dipped, so there’s really no point besides MuH HoNoR.

King Bran ‘I can’t be lord of anything” the broken.

“What’s more powerful than a story & who has the best story of all”

Jon. Jon does. Jon has a much better story if we’re using that stupid ass metric.

🤷🏿‍♂️
Gold: 285.00
May 21 2019 01:13pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ May 21 2019 11:38am)
I didn’t think it was complete dog shit like others do, however there were some things I didn’t like, & it definitely didn’t deliver like I thought & wanted the series finale to.

For one. Grey Worm & Co would have butchered Jon the moment they realized he murdered Dany. Period.

I don’t like how everyone agreed to banish Jon, the hero/brother/true king so easily. The Unsullied dipped, so there’s really no point besides MuH HoNoR.

King Bran ‘I can’t be lord of anything” the broken.

“What’s more powerful than a story & who has the best story of all”

Jon. Jon does. Jon has a much better story if we’re using that stupid ass metric.

🤷🏿‍♂️

He only came back from the dead to lead men against the Night King man.
Gold: 2,009.99
May 21 2019 01:43pm
Quote (Skinned @ May 21 2019 02:13pm)
He only came back from the dead to lead men against the Night King man.

Gold: 4,383.11
May 21 2019 02:44pm
Quote (CarsV @ 21 May 2019 05:41)
Why does Shapiro sometimes talk like he has a pogotstick up his ass?

Anyway, started watching the show sometime around 2014-2015. I vividly noted the gradual decline in writing starting around season 5 or 6. To describe the quality of the writing of the show, I compare it to the depths of the oceans if one casually walked off the beach and into the water. Seasons 5 and 6 were deteriorating, but it was a tolerable decline, the waters where surfers and recreational boat craft play in. In season 7 the decline worsened where one would need scuba gear to survive the bullshit. Season 8 is the continental shelf, where the show jumped off to join the Titanic.

Some comments.

When Bronn suddenly appeared at the council I literally said "Oh hi Bronn" in Tommy Wiseau's voice. Just... out of nowhere.

I like Brienne, one of my more favored characters, but what is she doing on a council that manages multiple kingdoms? She has never demonstrated any acumen in governing and management.

I hope Daario doesn't wait too long for Dany to relieve him of duty in Essos. Yeah, it's like they straight up forgot that character even existed LOL.

Then there was Sam Tarly's democracy implication scene. I laughed but probably not for the reason intended by the writers. I laughed because it felt so contrived, like something from a Mel Brooks or Monty Python movie.

What happened to all that crap about Greenseers relying on those ancient trees for their powers? With Bran in the south he should have little to no power. Also, Max von Sydow's "but you will fly" comment. Sounded so profound earlier in the series, but amounted to Bran flying some ravens for 60 minutes during a battle. Huh?

The R + L = J thing was wasted. If you think about it, nothing about the finale would've changed if Jon Snow remained a bastard Snow. He would've still renounced his title, still swore allegiance to Dany, and ultimately still stabbed her. I guess that big R + L = J reveal was an excuse to have Jon ride a dragon? Ehhhh....

lol'd :rofl:

i guess his rule brought wealth and prosperity so its not worth any news
just a few lines in one of the dialogues would have been enough
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
May 21 2019 02:45pm
Never heard of Game of Thrones

Valar Morghulis
Gold: 14.88
May 21 2019 02:49pm
How it should have ended.

Davos, Jon, and Tyrion stand horrified in the streets of a decimated King's Landing. Jon commands the northern armies leave the city, wanting no part of what he's witnessed. Daenerys lands her Dragon in front of the ruins of the Great Sept of Baelor. The dragon blows up the remains of the heavily damaged statue of Baelor the Blessed, the explosion stupidly creating a large empty square. Also, HBO relocated the ruins of the Great Sept about five hundred yards away from the destroyed city gates, large open streets leading straight to it.

Daenerys has the Unsullied and Dothraki gather the city's survivors. Men, women, children and surrendering soldiers are gathered in the square. She gives a speech very similar to Joffery's during the execution of Ned Stark. "My advisers tell me I should grant mercy. But they have the soft hearts of white men. So long as I am your queen, treason shall never go unpunished. Grey Worm, show them what it means to wake the dragon!” The Unsullied begin to cut the throats and spear those gathered together.

Jon witnesses a spear impale a woman and the babe she holds in her arms. He screams, "No! They're innocent!"

Tyrion witnesses Dothraki raping women while strangling to them. Though oddly aroused, he says "No. I'm not that! Shae was different! Not the whores!"

Davos' face goes pale, "By the Seven, she's making even the women and children pay the iron price!"

Daenerys looks on, her eyes wild and excited. Just then, Arya Stark teleports behind her with Needle. Daenerys turns as Arya stabs her, but the blade is stopped by Daenerys' armor. "You're dead! And I'm alive! Because I have armor! And a big fucking dragon!" Arya draws her dagger as Daenerys grips her throat and lifts her into the air, holding her wrist. She drops the dagger, catching it in her free hand. Daenerys draws a dirk and stabs it through Arya's forearm. "Not this time!" She screams and laughs as she casually tosses Arya's body towards Drogon, who catches her midair and devours her. Jon begins to vomit.

Daenerys' forces are laughing and cheering as they continue their butchery. But Davos and Tyrion turn their heads, hearing a loud rumbling coming from the Kingswood. "No...could it be?" Davos asks. Now Daenerys has noticed and raises her hand to quiet her army. Even Drogon raises his head, but then a flaming scorpion bolt pierces his throat, followed by a second that pierces his eye. A third hits his head as he falls over limp and dead. Daenerys screams in anguish as her forces get into formation. An army of soldiers on horseback emerge from the woods, all armored and screaming. Jon spots the banners as they approach the city gates. The green apple of house Fossoway, the triple red, green and blue spiral of house Massey, the red fox of house Florent, and the winged pig of Clayton Suggs. As the army nears, Tyrion spots the larges banners yet; royal standards as large as bed sheets. Everywhere he looked, he was bright red flame and prancing stags flutter along the banners. The heavy armored horse smash through the Unsullied lines, the army washes over the Dothraki horde. The battle is hard fought, but largely one sided. Jon notices many of the northern soldiers he sent from the city are charging into the city, accompanying this massive army.

Clayton Suggs and Justin Massey slay Greyworm. Suggs throws Daenerys to the ground, shouting "We have her, the dragon cunt is ours!" The army cheers and screams, "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!" A worn and rugged Stannis Baratheon rides into the city, his beard grown long, his eyes sunken deep, a deep and piercing blue. He dismounts, approaches Davos. Before Davos can get any words out, Stannis grabs his shoulder "I am sorry, my friend. She was of my blood. Kings blood. And the sacrifice has led to this..." He faces his army and shouts "The salvation of the kingdom." He marches to where Daenerys is held, draws his long swords and shouts "R'HOLLOR HUNGERS". Massey and Suggs lift Daenerys by the arms, Stannis plunges his sword into her heart. Daenerys screams and falls dead, her body turning decrepit before their eyes. Stannis pulls his sword free, now ablaze and burning bright. Jon runs up to Stannis, stopped by Massey, but Stannis tells him to let him pass.

Jon asks "Where? When? How did you know?"

Stannis looks to black raven perched nearby. "I had a bird."

The camera zooms into the eye of the raven, zooming out to reveal a warging Bran, sitting in Winterfell. Bran looks directly at the camera, shows a knowning smirk and winks. Too Cool for School starts as the camera slowly backs out of the window. A music video montage of Stannis being spared by Brienne, finding the army that "abandoned" him, journeying across the Seven Kingdoms with his forces gathering more loyal men under the guise of night. The song wraps up as Stannis marches into the throne room. He slashes Lightbringer through the Iron Throne, which melts in an instant. A Fossoway soldier carries a plain wooden stool and places it in front of the smoldering remains of the Iron Throne. Stannis sits, looks at the army in front of him, the camera turns to face him. "So, shall we begin."

Screen fades to black. "And who. Are you."

Written by Dan and Dabid, special thanks to Crayola.

This post was edited by PlasmaSnake101 on May 21 2019 02:52pm
Gold: 200.83
May 21 2019 06:10pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ May 21 2019 01:49pm)
How it should have ended.

Davos, Jon, and Tyrion stand horrified in the streets of a decimated King's Landing. Jon commands the northern armies leave the city, wanting no part of what he's witnessed. Daenerys lands her Dragon in front of the ruins of the Great Sept of Baelor. The dragon blows up the remains of the heavily damaged statue of Baelor the Blessed, the explosion stupidly creating a large empty square. Also, HBO relocated the ruins of the Great Sept about five hundred yards away from the destroyed city gates, large open streets leading straight to it.

Daenerys has the Unsullied and Dothraki gather the city's survivors. Men, women, children and surrendering soldiers are gathered in the square. She gives a speech very similar to Joffery's during the execution of Ned Stark. "My advisers tell me I should grant mercy. But they have the soft hearts of white men. So long as I am your queen, treason shall never go unpunished. Grey Worm, show them what it means to wake the dragon!” The Unsullied begin to cut the throats and spear those gathered together.

Jon witnesses a spear impale a woman and the babe she holds in her arms. He screams, "No! They're innocent!"

Tyrion witnesses Dothraki raping women while strangling to them. Though oddly aroused, he says "No. I'm not that! Shae was different! Not the whores!"

Davos' face goes pale, "By the Seven, she's making even the women and children pay the iron price!"

Daenerys looks on, her eyes wild and excited. Just then, Arya Stark teleports behind her with Needle. Daenerys turns as Arya stabs her, but the blade is stopped by Daenerys' armor. "You're dead! And I'm alive! Because I have armor! And a big fucking dragon!" Arya draws her dagger as Daenerys grips her throat and lifts her into the air, holding her wrist. She drops the dagger, catching it in her free hand. Daenerys draws a dirk and stabs it through Arya's forearm. "Not this time!" She screams and laughs as she casually tosses Arya's body towards Drogon, who catches her midair and devours her. Jon begins to vomit.

Daenerys' forces are laughing and cheering as they continue their butchery. But Davos and Tyrion turn their heads, hearing a loud rumbling coming from the Kingswood. "No...could it be?" Davos asks. Now Daenerys has noticed and raises her hand to quiet her army. Even Drogon raises his head, but then a flaming scorpion bolt pierces his throat, followed by a second that pierces his eye. A third hits his head as he falls over limp and dead. Daenerys screams in anguish as her forces get into formation. An army of soldiers on horseback emerge from the woods, all armored and screaming. Jon spots the banners as they approach the city gates. The green apple of house Fossoway, the triple red, green and blue spiral of house Massey, the red fox of house Florent, and the winged pig of Clayton Suggs. As the army nears, Tyrion spots the larges banners yet; royal standards as large as bed sheets. Everywhere he looked, he was bright red flame and prancing stags flutter along the banners. The heavy armored horse smash through the Unsullied lines, the army washes over the Dothraki horde. The battle is hard fought, but largely one sided. Jon notices many of the northern soldiers he sent from the city are charging into the city, accompanying this massive army.

Clayton Suggs and Justin Massey slay Greyworm. Suggs throws Daenerys to the ground, shouting "We have her, the dragon cunt is ours!" The army cheers and screams, "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!" A worn and rugged Stannis Baratheon rides into the city, his beard grown long, his eyes sunken deep, a deep and piercing blue. He dismounts, approaches Davos. Before Davos can get any words out, Stannis grabs his shoulder "I am sorry, my friend. She was of my blood. Kings blood. And the sacrifice has led to this..." He faces his army and shouts "The salvation of the kingdom." He marches to where Daenerys is held, draws his long swords and shouts "R'HOLLOR HUNGERS". Massey and Suggs lift Daenerys by the arms, Stannis plunges his sword into her heart. Daenerys screams and falls dead, her body turning decrepit before their eyes. Stannis pulls his sword free, now ablaze and burning bright. Jon runs up to Stannis, stopped by Massey, but Stannis tells him to let him pass.

Jon asks "Where? When? How did you know?"

Stannis looks to black raven perched nearby. "I had a bird."

The camera zooms into the eye of the raven, zooming out to reveal a warging Bran, sitting in Winterfell. Bran looks directly at the camera, shows a knowning smirk and winks. Too Cool for School starts as the camera slowly backs out of the window. A music video montage of Stannis being spared by Brienne, finding the army that "abandoned" him, journeying across the Seven Kingdoms with his forces gathering more loyal men under the guise of night. The song wraps up as Stannis marches into the throne room. He slashes Lightbringer through the Iron Throne, which melts in an instant. A Fossoway soldier carries a plain wooden stool and places it in front of the smoldering remains of the Iron Throne. Stannis sits, looks at the army in front of him, the camera turns to face him. "So, shall we begin."

Screen fades to black. "And who. Are you."

Written by Dan and Dabid, special thanks to Crayola.

Gold: 10,655.00
May 21 2019 06:25pm

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll