d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Need Ranger Re-build > Looking For Advice (standard League)
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 25.00
May 9 2019 11:08pm
I've been playing again and am leveling up a ranger. I've followed a few different guides and have wound up with the current build: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/xiaobang/characters?characterName=sikancil

I feel like I've invested too much currency for the character to be as squishy and low DPS as it is. I'm currently mostly looking at Demi's guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2306324

Obviously, I'm not focusing so much on the Quantity. I'm not so concerned with total loot, just overall enjoyment.

I would like suggestion or advice on what I can do to this character to make it fun to play as quickly and easily as possible. My goal is to be able to clear all maps with relative ease and not get insta-killed for standing in the wrong place for a split second.

As an example, I'm using Enki's Arc build on my with and find it fantastic. I've invested maybe 15 exalt in gear and I am easily burning through T12 maps. It's very fun watching a whole room just explode. I want a similar feel for this ranger.
May 10 2019 02:54am
lots of views, no responses... I'm happy to pay some FG for the help :)
Gold: 1,444.13
May 10 2019 07:20am
lol hope you didn't invest anything into that..

your biggest DPS loss:

-no helm enchant
-no extra arrow on quiver

modetrate dps loss:

-focusing on increased elemental damage, yet you have almost nothing giving you base elemental damage in the first place

no reason to use vinktars unless its double legacy
no reason to use item rarity

May 10 2019 07:52am
Quote (Caulder10 @ May 10 2019 06:20am)
lol hope you didn't invest anything into that..

your biggest DPS loss:

-no helm enchant
-no extra arrow on quiver

modetrate dps loss:

-focusing on increased elemental damage, yet you have almost nothing giving you base elemental damage in the first place

no reason to use vinktars unless its double legacy
no reason to use item rarity

Thanks for the tips. The guide mentions a similar thing that it's all about the abyss gems to give the flat elemental damage. But I notice that those are a couple exalt for anything good. So I'm wondering if it's better to just switch the build altogether.
Gold: 1,444.13
May 10 2019 07:55am
Quote (docsaintly @ May 10 2019 09:52am)
Thanks for the tips. The guide mentions a similar thing that it's all about the abyss gems to give the flat elemental damage. But I notice that those are a couple exalt for anything good. So I'm wondering if it's better to just switch the build altogether.

in general, mf builds are for running mid tier maps fast and forever
no enjoyment there at all and rarely are they used for running end game or high tier maps.

that build with a bunch of mirrored and legacy gear can, but not even close to worth the investment to do so
Gold: 366.70
Jun 5 2019 07:39pm
Quote (Caulder10 @ May 10 2019 08:55am)
in general, mf builds are for running mid tier maps fast and forever
no enjoyment there at all and rarely are they used for running end game or high tier maps.

that build with a bunch of mirrored and legacy gear can, but not even close to worth the investment to do so

Agreed, most if not all mf builds are going to cap out real low maps and will struggle with long fights.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic