d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Classic Sorc > Questions
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.95
May 6 2019 07:43am
So after 3 tries I finally made it to act 4 normal (so far) and I had some questions..

I currently have 10 in to firebolt and fireball before I started skilling frozen orb.. Damage for both elements is descent.

Questions:

1. Should I go ahead and reskill now while I'm rerunning meph for irathas & shard, That way I could run normal CS also??

2. Should cold mastery be maxed or stop at 100-110??

3. Anyone have a better guide then this? Skills in this guide seems a little wacky for single player..
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=8519046&f=87

4. What should be my 2nd fire element? (Ball,meteor,wall,hydra)

My skill ideal was:
20 frozen orb
20 ice bolt
Xx mastery (reach 100+)
1 static
1 telekinesis
1 teleport
= around 60

Rest fire skills
Gold: 109.50
May 6 2019 07:48am
The easy way would be to just run as a blizz sorc until Hell then swap. Makes running NM meph/CS super easy too.

-100 is fine, points in mastery are more valuable than points in ice bolt really.

I'd prob go:
1 frozen armor
max orb
lvl 17 cold mast
1 static
1 teleport
1 warmth
rest to FB and synergies

you could add more to ice bolt if you want, but cold mastery is worth more per point, and fireball benefits more from synergy points than orb does as well. While leveling FB I'd prob just go 1-5 mastery and rest to synergies.. When in final gear use a skill calc to find the perfect ratio for best dmg

Oh and yes, I looked at that guide, a lot of sorcs with low gear do add a bunch of points to teleport. It'd be a good idea for you I suppose since you were concerned about having enough mana. Until you get good gear, points to teleport are nice for that... but with good gear I think lvl 1 tele + mana pots is enough ^_^

Double edit: Generally orb/meteor is better when you have shit gear, and orb/FB is better once you have okay gear.. also depends on playstyle though. With orb/meteor you have more points to buff orb with ice bolt. FB requires more TLC from synergies or +skills

This post was edited by Belarathon on May 6 2019 07:55am
May 6 2019 07:56am
Quote (Belarathon @ May 6 2019 09:48am)
The easy way would be to just run as a blizz sorc until Hell then swap. Makes running NM meph/CS super easy too.

-100 is fine, points in mastery are more valuable than points in ice bolt really.

I'd prob go:
1 frozen armor
max orb
lvl 17 cold mast
1 static
1 teleport
1 warmth
rest to FB and synergies

you could add more to ice bolt if you want, but cold mastery is worth more per point, and fireball benefits more from synergy points than orb does as well. While leveling FB I'd prob just go 1-5 mastery and rest to synergies.. When in final gear use a skill calc to find the perfect ratio for best dmg

Oh and yes, I looked at that guide, a lot of sorcs with low gear do add a bunch of points to teleport. It'd be a good idea for you I suppose since you were concerned about having enough mana. Until you get good gear, points to teleport are nice for that... but with good gear I think lvl 1 tele + mana pots is enough ^_^

I'm doing minimal teleporting tho, right? Or i plan to do minimal and just kill stuff as I go along..

Frozen orb without synergy Will do enough damage on P8 in hell?
I played a classic rusher years ago and tried firewall (didn't really need much on battle net killing oblivians)

This post was edited by 15bucks on May 6 2019 07:56am
May 6 2019 08:01am
Quote (15bucks @ 6 May 2019 06:56)
I'm doing minimal teleporting tho, right? Or i plan to do minimal and just kill stuff as I go along..

I played a classic rusher years ago and tried firewall (didn't really need much on battle net killing oblivians)

Yeah true, the teleport points are best suited to a bnet rusher.

I've never played this sorc on sp p8, but I've done 8 person rushes with irathas/shard/ward sorc on bnet as an orb/meteor sorc, and also with nice rare gear as an orb/fb sorc.

I actually guess that orb/meteor might be better for you since you won't have a lot of +skills.. meteor can get pretty nice damage with low investment, especially once the burn effects start stacking and you lure monsters into it. That leaves extra pts for ice bolt which can be nice.

For sure, either one will work!
Gold: 10,542.77
May 6 2019 08:15am
Quote (15bucks @ May 6 2019 02:56pm)

Unless your oppoent is immune, most of your damage shall be done with Static Field, as it has no cap in NM and Hell.

You do not need to invest in Ice Bolt, as it gives you very little benefit.

You need lvl17 CMastery, including +skill items.

Other skill points can be distributed to the following skills (options)

Fire Wall or Hydra
Teleport (keep in mind that you have very little mana in classic).
Static field (your main damage dealer if your opponent is not immune).

I do not recommend FB/Meteor, because these skills are only effective if you invest into synergies as well.

This post was edited by -joey- on May 6 2019 08:16am
May 6 2019 08:28am
Quote (-joey- @ 6 May 2019 07:15)
Unless your oppoent is immune, most of your damage shall be done with Static Field, as it has no cap in NM and Hell.

Fire Wall or Hydra

I do not recommend FB/Meteor, because these skills are only effective if you invest into synergies as well.

This is true as well, large radius static is insane in classic since it can take monsters to 1 life... I still like meteor or fb though, I've had success with them even in 8p games on bnet. I can see why orb/static/hydra would be cool too though, maybe with 1 pt in TS also for CI/FI
May 6 2019 10:12am
Quote (-joey- @ May 6 2019 10:15am)

Fire Wall or Hydra

When I was on battle net people suggested firewall.. I'm pretty sure once I make it too hell I will reconsider which to use, but leaving ice bolt out seems to be common between the 2 of u guys..

Until I run into a lot of immunes I will keep my current build (fire bolt / ball) and keep investing into frozen orb & cold mastery.

Maybe I could throw a couple extra points into static around NM CS

Thx for the suggestions and always welcome to more !!!!

This post was edited by 15bucks on May 6 2019 10:12am
Gold: 15,245.00
Trader: Trusted
May 6 2019 02:04pm
Quote (15bucks @ May 6 2019 05:12pm)
(...)

Thx for the suggestions and always welcome to more !!!!

Do you plan to use this sorceress for rushes only ?

In this case :
- max Teleport is always better than using potions,
- max Cold mastery is always a good idea,
- invest into Ice bolt (synergy for Frozen orb) is a good idea,
- backup skill should be firewall, which requires very few skill points to be effective. Contrary to Meteor, it takes effect instantly and allows you to kill quickly any cold immuned target whose HP has already been reduced to almost nothing thanks to Static field.

If you have other usage in mind, just let us know.

Good luck !
May 6 2019 02:55pm
Quote (feanur @ May 6 2019 04:04pm)
Do you plan to use this sorceress for rushes only ?

In this case :
- max Teleport is always better than using potions,
- max Cold mastery is always a good idea,
- invest into Ice bolt (synergy for Frozen orb) is a good idea,
- backup skill should be firewall, which requires very few skill points to be effective. Contrary to Meteor, it takes effect instantly and allows you to kill quickly any cold immuned target whose HP has already been reduced to almost nothing thanks to Static field.

If you have other usage in mind, just let us know.

Good luck !

P8 single player..
May 6 2019 07:15pm
Hoping to post up the walk to this char sometime this week, Wont post until i start finding irathas pieces or kill Normal Diablo.

Durance level 3 being an ass today !!!

Found multiple set peices but no irathas..

Sigons boots
deaths gloves / Weapon
Beserkers helmet
angellic sickle
Civerbs cudgel
cathans ring
cathans Staff
Cleglaw Shield
isenharts armor
Artic Belt
Milabregas Kite shield

its Possible to find all irathas from Meph, so i'm hoping i will grind until then, if i do get bored i will venture into Normal CS to kill diablo and have the chances of ward/shard each round

This post was edited by 15bucks on May 6 2019 07:15pm
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll