d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Ok Need Interview Advice
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.69
May 5 2019 05:51pm
Quote (Darkkillz @ 5 May 2019 19:24)
Just say u show up and don't call in sick. That's all they really care about. Make some shit up about how you been slinging dishes for years

do'nt do this
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
May 5 2019 06:52pm
Quote (Krayze @ 5 May 2019 21:37)
It's only a dishwashing job at a restaurant but I need the job and really want to nail the interview tomorrow. In interviews when they ask a direct question I can answer it no problem with a good enough answer (I think?) but I tend to get nervous and I'm just trying to prepare myself as much as possible. The questions like "Tell me about a time you..." get me all caught up. Any idea what kind of questions they might be at a dishwashing interview??

Thx :D

Well, you need the job. But how badly do you need it?

I would just be myself. Tell them you expect strict lines and solid leadership, then you will do your part.

If they ask you, or even if they don't ask you, how you react to harassment, bullying and negative environments, or such questions, you can tell them that you expect the above mentioned (strict lines and solid leadership), and that you expect negative influences to be dealt with quickly. You can tell them that you do not function well in dysfunctional working environments. You expect an open environment. This is what i mean, would you push yourself to keep the job even if you became a bitter and depressed individual?

There is no "fake it till you make it", that is the biggest bullshit line ever to be invented. If you are honest, the work experience will grow on you. If you work based on a lie, you will lament ever starting there and your whole life could end up feeling meaningless.

Be HONEST! And do not be afraid. If you are honest, you have no -need- to be afraid.

Having 10-20% of your subconscious locked to the big picture is no bad thing either. If you should not get the interview despite your best efforts, just think that there are probably hundreds of people interviewed. There are probabilities playing a role here. So getting yourself too nervous will only work against you.

At the end of the interview, you can ask them that if you do not get picked, you would kindly ask to get a phone call or email and be told why you didn't get the job, so that you can prepare yourself better for another interview.

If they tell you that you got close, you can tell them that you would like to have them keep you on file, or ask them if you can ask them in a few months or a year if there is another opening.

An interview is never black or white, just like life. If they tell you that you are not what they are looking for, then of course it would be of little point to nag a hole in their head. But if they give you positive remarks, keeping the business connection warm over time shows that you are passionate and caring.

Getting and keeping a job is a constant development process, again just like life.

This post was edited by Taurean on May 5 2019 06:54pm
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 70%
May 6 2019 02:52am
Starts chopping vegetables as soon as you walk in
Gold: 3.37
May 6 2019 03:20am
Is a dish pit, likey they have no expectations, turn over rates like 85% within a quarter on average.
Gold: 3.33
May 6 2019 03:22am
What do employers want from a prospective dishwasher?

They want someone hard working, likeable and honest, that means being transparent about the questions they ask you. If you come across as honest and likeable you have a good chance of getting hired even if the answer wasn't perfect.

Don't overthink it
Gold: 3.37
May 6 2019 03:24am
Quote (dro94 @ May 6 2019 04:22am)

They want someone hard working, likeable and honest, that means being transparent about the questions they ask you. If you come across as honest and likeable you have a good chance of getting hired even if the answer wasn't perfect.

Don't overthink it

Right, dish pits are expected to have high turnover. That's why they hire literally anyone.
Gold: 175.01
May 6 2019 09:40am
Quote (Taurean @ May 5 2019 08:52pm)
Well, you need the job. But how badly do you need it?

I would just be myself. Tell them you expect strict lines and solid leadership, then you will do your part.

If they ask you, or even if they don't ask you, how you react to harassment, bullying and negative environments, or such questions, you can tell them that you expect the above mentioned (strict lines and solid leadership), and that you expect negative influences to be dealt with quickly. You can tell them that you do not function well in dysfunctional working environments. You expect an open environment. This is what i mean, would you push yourself to keep the job even if you became a bitter and depressed individual?

There is no "fake it till you make it", that is the biggest bullshit line ever to be invented. If you are honest, the work experience will grow on you. If you work based on a lie, you will lament ever starting there and your whole life could end up feeling meaningless.

Be HONEST! And do not be afraid. If you are honest, you have no -need- to be afraid.

Having 10-20% of your subconscious locked to the big picture is no bad thing either. If you should not get the interview despite your best efforts, just think that there are probably hundreds of people interviewed. There are probabilities playing a role here. So getting yourself too nervous will only work against you.

At the end of the interview, you can ask them that if you do not get picked, you would kindly ask to get a phone call or email and be told why you didn't get the job, so that you can prepare yourself better for another interview.

If they tell you that you got close, you can tell them that you would like to have them keep you on file, or ask them if you can ask them in a few months or a year if there is another opening.

An interview is never black or white, just like life. If they tell you that you are not what they are looking for, then of course it would be of little point to nag a hole in their head. But if they give you positive remarks, keeping the business connection warm over time shows that you are passionate and caring.

Getting and keeping a job is a constant development process, again just like life.

This. Employers love it when people come in to interview for a dishwashing position already making demands before the interview is over.
They say to dress for the job you want. Come in wearing his clothes and he'll be so impressed by your power move that he'll wash the dishes so you can run his company.

Quote (dro94 @ May 6 2019 05:22am)

Don't overthink it

They want someone who will show up every day and wash dishes without pissing everyone off. They're not looking for someone amazing.
I managed a restaurant when I was younger and I was told specifically by the owner that I should try to hire someone "just shitty enough to keep working in the dish pit but not shitty enough to call in"

Gold: 95.09
May 6 2019 09:44am
Quote (Krayze @ May 5 2019 04:37pm)
It's only a dishwashing job

no preparation required tbh
Gold: 6.69
May 6 2019 03:07pm
Quote (Taurean @ May 6 2019 02:52am)

So basically you advising the OP to tell his intetviewers not to be like leadership at d2jsp (as per your posts)

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=80187952&f=34&o=0

This post was edited by kai_jph on May 6 2019 03:09pm
Gold: 2.90
May 7 2019 11:03pm
I'm sure you'll get the gig. This job will be a stepping stone for you. Next time consider looking at glassdoor.com

People who have both been offered the position or declined the position will tell you what kind of interview questions were asked, what answers they gave and whether it elicited a positive or negative response from the interviewer. It's helped me loads for some pretty intense interview processes, some lasting as long as 3 months.

Past performance is indicative of future performance. Do well at this job and you can use that to springboard into the next one.
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll