d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Synthesis Flashback Event
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.00
Apr 28 2019 09:38pm
Quote (Acuity @ 29 Apr 2019 05:18)
they've said for the last couple weeks it wouldnt be until may 10th (may 11th NZT)

the only updates im getting are from datz so i didnt know the date untill now 🙁
Gold: 15,945.00
Apr 29 2019 01:32am
ResidentSleeper
Gold: 39.00
Apr 29 2019 01:47am
Game bad, me no play.
Gold: 336,797.63
Apr 29 2019 03:36am
I actually wanted some sort of shorter event, but it's hard to be happy about it because through the cracks it really shines through, just how bad synthesis has been for GGG/PoE. This screams out that PoE has a huge decline in active players, and it gets me abit worried. Because I still like PoE! Quite don't like synthesis, but game is still fun.

unsure if I will play the event. Might have to prioritize other urgent matters
Gold: 19.19
Apr 29 2019 05:06am
Quote (SpAz. @ 29 Apr 2019 10:36)
I actually wanted some sort of shorter event, but it's hard to be happy about it because through the cracks it really shines through, just how bad synthesis has been for GGG/PoE. This screams out that PoE has a huge decline in active players, and it gets me abit worried. Because I still like PoE! Quite don't like synthesis, but game is still fun.

unsure if I will play the event. Might have to prioritize other urgent matters

they need to do a content wipe sometime soon... just keep a few simple league mods like beyond/nemesis/bloodlines etc.
its not just synthesis but theres just way too much stuff in the game right now. heck they should even remove atlas, screw it its only been annoying so far (ok except sextants but w/e)

i mean how much longer are league mods gonna get rolled in the core game :wacko: i want simple poe back which was also way more new ppl friendly. this isnt at all
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 29 2019 05:18am
Quote (trader @ Apr 29 2019 01:06pm)
they need to do a content wipe sometime soon... just keep a few simple league mods like beyond/nemesis/bloodlines etc.
its not just synthesis but theres just way too much stuff in the game right now. heck they should even remove atlas, screw it its only been annoying so far (ok except sextants but w/e)

i mean how much longer are league mods gonna get rolled in the core game :wacko: i want simple poe back which was also way more new ppl friendly. this isnt at all

i tried to introduce a friend to poe, his comments were really funny ^_^ he did a couple acts while pming me random stuff like "why does every button i press on the keyboard open some tab", then said how he "just cant get into it" and left :mellow: actually ive heard many people say the exact same sentence, "cant get into it" :wacko: at this point i dont think a new player would enjoy getting into poe at all :unsure:
Apr 29 2019 05:42am
Quote (Snyft2 @ 29 Apr 2019 12:18)
i tried to introduce a friend to poe, his comments were really funny ^_^ he did a couple acts while pming me random stuff like "why does every button i press on the keyboard open some tab", then said how he "just cant get into it" and left :mellow: actually ive heard many people say the exact same sentence, "cant get into it" :wacko: at this point i dont think a new player would enjoy getting into poe at all :unsure:

ya same, the learning process is wayy to big and im actually sure the game isnt getting much newbies at all currently. i dont think i wouldve sticked to it either if i had to learn everything all over. two good friends i introduced to poe in 2013 used to play a whole lot (1 of them failed his study due to it lol) and they quit like just over a year ago, same reason, they say its too much and aint got all the time for it. at first i was like wtf thats lame, but they were right

This post was edited by trader on Apr 29 2019 05:42am
Gold: 336,797.63
Apr 29 2019 05:55am
Nah I don't necessarily want PoE to be "simpler", maybe a slight bit (synthesis is abit too counter-intuitive/heavy on need for reading) - but not in general.
However I do feel that the game pushes you into NEEDING to put an excess amount of hours into it, and I believe thats a much bigger problem. both for new and old players. You should definitely be rewarded for playing alot and playing cleverly. But I kinda feel atm that the game is not rewarding AT ALL, when u play 1-2 hours a day. And realistically, a game has to appeal to the ~6-10hours a week crowd, or it will die eventually.

Some people say this is a typical trait of F2P games with mtx monetization models. That the game has to push you into playing more, since your initial spending was zero, and time spent correlates a great deal with purchasing stash/mtx transactions. BUT IDK - I haven't played much games :b
Gold: 75.00
Apr 29 2019 06:02am
The player base has actually gotten bigger on PC and with the additions of consoles I don’t think it’s going to die off.

I also have the belief that although the game is complicated there are enough games catering to people that want to just jump on something and play a couple hours a week. Such as fortnite or apex legend or basically 90% of all games. I like PoE because the more you play the more rewarding it is
Apr 29 2019 06:05am
oh i do totally agree with the time spent. gotta say back when poe was simple, pre atlas and all that i was a student with way more free time in hands. now i also can play like 1 - 2 (maybe 3 at max) hours a day and it feels bad. its like one day "lets map, oh wait sulphite cap gotta do that instead" then after "oh 12 incursions brb temple" after that "oh memory nexus, safehouse too" blah blah and in the end it feels like no progress has been made at all

plus when you dont have all day to play, completing and setting up your atlas takes verrry long

This post was edited by trader on Apr 29 2019 06:06am
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll