d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Why Sc 3 Max Even Matter?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 60%
Apr 17 2019 05:31am
I never could understand how adding 3 max damage would even matter. If I have damage on my bowzone like 1500-3900 so I always thought it will be then 1500-3903 but someone told me it doesn't work that way.
Do you know any article that could explain it or maybe you can?
Gold: 82,830.00
Apr 17 2019 06:53am
that 3max is added to your base weapon dmg. so if your bow was max 50 now it is max 53 dmg.
then it applies to the +% skill and item benefits.
Apr 17 2019 07:52am
Quote (ftang @ 17 Apr 2019 13:53)
that 3max is added to your base weapon dmg. so if your bow was max 50 now it is max 53 dmg.
then it applies to the +% skill and item benefits.

So it would be 60 to 312, is that what you mean?
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 17 2019 07:55am
1. Introduction
A simple formula for calculating the damage of a weapon attack is the following:

Final Damage = (((Normal Damage
x 1.5) (only if ethereal)
x (1 + Enhanced Damage on Weapon / 100) + Bonuses to Minimum/Maximum Damage)
x (1 + Strength or Dexterity / 100 + Off-Weapon Enhanced Damage / 100 + Skill Damage Bonus % / 100) + Elemental Damage)
x (1 - Skill Damage Penalty / 100)
x 2 (only if a critical or deadly strike is scored)
Normal damage is the damage listed as the 1H damage or 2H damage here: Common Items.

A more detailed procedure is described below.

2. Damage Calculations
There are four steps in the weapon damage calculations:

Base Damage
Weapon Damage
Total Damage
Final Damage
Later steps of damage calculations use the results of previous phases. Thus, an increase to the base damage has the highest potential to greatly increase the damage. Item properties and other effects affect one of the above damages. In total, there are six different bonus types:

Base Damage Multiplier
Weapon Damage Percentage Bonus
Weapon Damage Direct Bonus
Total Damage Percentage Bonus
Total Damage Direct Bonus
Final Damage Multiplier
These classifications are listed in child section Damage Bonuses.

The minimum and maximum damages of a weapon attack are calculated separately in two calculations. Generally, most effects affect both minimum and maximum damage, but there are some exceptions, such as item properties that say "+X to minimum damage." An important rule of thumb in damage calculations is that the result of each multiplication is rounded down (this is indicated by brackets in equations).

2.1 Base Damage
Damage calculations begin from determining the normal damage of the weapon. It is the damage listed as the weapon damage (1H or 2H) in Common Items and the MPQ files. It is referred here to as Normal Damage. The base damage of a weapon attack is calculated as follows:

Base Damage = […[Normal Damage x Base Damage Multiplier 1] x … x Base Damage Multiplier M]
In the above equation:

M is the number of base damage multipliers
[] indicates rounding down
The minimum and maximum base damages are calculated separately, applying bonuses that affect to them.

2.2 Weapon Damage
The weapon damage is calculated as follows:

Weapon Damage = Base Damage
+
[Base Damage x Weapon Damage Percentage Bonus 1 / 100]…
+
[Base Damage x Weapon Damage Percentage Bonus M / 100]+ Weapon Damage Direct Bonus 1

+ Weapon Damage Direct Bonus N
M is the number of weapon damage percentage bonuses (e.g. Enhanced Damage properties on the weapon)
N is the number of weapon damage direct bonuses
The minimum and maximum weapon damages are calculated separately, applying bonuses that affect to them. If maximum weapon damage ≤ minimum weapon damage, then maximum weapon damage = minimum weapon damage + 1. This modification takes place before any effects that affect the total damage are calculated.

The damage of the weapon, which is shown in the inventory screen, is calculated from the weapon's own properties that affect Weapon Damage. Effects that affect Weapon Damage on other pieces of equipment do not affect the displayed weapon damage.

A random number rolled in the range of minimum weapon damage … maximum weapon damage to determine the actual value of the weapon damage.

2.3 Total Damage
The total damage is calculated as follows:

Total Damage = Weapon Damage
+ [Weapon Damage x Total Damage Percentage Bonus 1 / 100]

+ [Weapon Damage x Total Damage Percentage Bonus M / 100]
+ Total Damage Direct Bonus 1

+ Total Damage Direct Bonus N
M is the number of total damage percentage bonuses
N is the number of total damage direct bonuses
Strength and dexterity are applied as total damage percentage bonuses as follows:

Total Damage Percentage Bonus 1 = Strength x Strength Multiplier
Total Damage Percentage Bonus 2 = Dexterity x Dexterity Multiplier
Strength and dexterity multipliers are listed in Section 3.1.
Damage can be of various types. The common damage types are physical, fire, cold, lightning, magic, and poison.

Weapon damage is physical.
Strength and dexterity bonuses are physical.
The type of total damage bonuses are individual to them. For example, Vengeance (paladin combat skill) adds fire, lightning, and cold damages.
The minimum and maximum total damages are calculated separately, applying bonuses that affect to them. Random numbers are rolled to determine the actual values of total damage bonuses.

2.4 Final Damage
The final damage is calculated as follows:

Final Damage = […[Total Damage x Final Damage Multiplier 1] x … x Final Damage Multiplier M]
M is the number of final damage multipliers
There are only three final damage multipliers: deadly strike, critical strike, and skill damage modification. Deadly and critical strikes have a chance to occur, and when they do, they multiply the total damage by 2. However, both the critical and deadly strike cannot occur at the same time.

Final damage multipliers may affect only the total damage of certain damage types. For example, a deadly strike doubles only physical damage and not other damage types.

The character screen shows Final Damage, except that it does not show the effect Critical Strike and Deadly Strike in its calculations. In some cases, such as with Double Throw (barbarian combat skill), the character screen does not show correct values.

2.5 Conversion of Physical Damage into Another Damage Type
After the final damage is calculated, some effects that convert physical damage into another damage type take effect. Examples of such skills are Berserk (barbarian combat skill) and Fire Arrow (amazon bow and crossbow skill). For instance, Berserk converts all physical damage into magical damage. It is worth noting that any damage bonuses that normally increase physical damage (e.g. critical strike, deadly strike, Might aura, and Fanaticism aura) are converted into another damage type in this step.

that
Gold: 150.00
Apr 17 2019 07:56am
Quote (fskrufskru @ 17 Apr 2019 14:52)
https://i.gyazo.com/feab9ca17ec6a19f704b1f248176a7ce.png

No.
It'd be added before the enhanched damage calculation.
Gold: 45.00
Apr 17 2019 12:32pm
You multiply it by all ed% you have and you have more than one of them
Gold: 8.73
Apr 17 2019 12:48pm
I am bill
Yes I am only bill

I have weapon 100 danages. It has 400% Ed

I use chargerino spell with fortitude and fanatacism for 1500% danages

I have 200 streng

+3 max boos to 103 weapon danages

Weapon ed boost the +3 to +12

Apply steng and ed offweapon for now 204 danages

If you crit that is 408 danages

So eac charm can do a 408 danage

You have 40 charm slot
Gold: 45.00
Apr 17 2019 01:50pm
40*408=pig danago
Gold: 22,189.49
Apr 17 2019 02:05pm
Quote (fskrufskru @ Apr 17 2019 07:52am)
https://i.gyazo.com/feab9ca17ec6a19f704b1f248176a7ce.png

yes.
Each +3 max charm adds +1.5 avg base damage
if you have 186 average base damage, then having +111 max / 55.5 avg damage increases your overall damage output from 186 -> 241.5 = +29.8% overall
Apr 17 2019 02:34pm
Quote (SuperButt420 @ 17 Apr 2019 19:48)
I am bill
Yes I am only bill

I have weapon 100 danages. It has 400% Ed

I use chargerino spell with fortitude and fanatacism for 1500% danages

I have 200 streng

+3 max boos to 103 weapon danages

Weapon ed boost the +3 to +12

Apply steng and ed offweapon for now 204 danages

If you crit that is 408 danages

So eac charm can do a 408 danage

You have 40 charm slot

:wub: i understand now