d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Notre Dame Cathedral Fire
Prev1161718192021Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 16 2019 05:25pm
Quote (Bassist @ Apr 17 2019 12:22am)
Meh parts of an old building burned down without anyone hurt or killed and the world is melting down and billionaires are appearing out of thin air willing to donate hundreds of millions.
Goodness gracious what is our world coming to..?

And old building is important too, in the context of cultural heritage.
I got pretty upset when ISIS was destroying ancient artifacts and buildings a while ago. I'm sure many of us were.

To your point, though. I agree to some extent. Much more should be done to eradicate poverty, hunger, preventable disease, ...
Warn: 30%
Apr 16 2019 05:53pm
Quote (ampoo @ 17 Apr 2019 00:15)
fender projecting his own obsession and butthurtness, which are clearly displayed again by his rage essays again here, onto other people
its time to see a doctor

no, they are not
fender is a textbook leftist authoritarian, who uses his ridiculous moralism and 24/7 whining about imaginary nazis to restrict freedom of speech
with the constant insults for any other opinion it couldnt be any more obvious

diversity is great....until it comes to diversity of opinions

ah, my second favourite stalker. person who just posts in this thread to share their feelings about me, contributing literally nothing to the topic, accuses others of butthurt. doesn't even realise how ridiculously hypocritical that is. "time to see a doctor" indeed... get well soon.

listen, poo boy - i know this is incredibly difficult for you to understand, but diversity of opinion and freedom of speech does not mean you're entitled to people agreeing with your shitty opinions. at no point have i ever questioned or threatened your right to hold them, i'm just telling you they are retarded. it's not my fault you lack the intellect (or at the very least the honesty) to make that distinction.

Quote (Bassist @ 17 Apr 2019 00:22)
Meh parts of an old building burned down without anyone hurt or killed and the world is melting down and billionaires are appearing out of thin air willing to donate hundreds of millions.
Goodness gracious what is our world coming to..?

i just don't understand why that upsets you. i'd get it if they had offered the money either way and there was a direct decision between donating it to the needy OR rebuilding notre dame cathedral, but that's obviously not the case.
by that logic you could oppose any funding or donations made to cultural institutions as long as there is any suffering in the world.

and this is coming from someone who thinks religion is stupid...

This post was edited by fender on Apr 16 2019 05:58pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Apr 16 2019 06:38pm
Still burning ? :evil:
Gold: 19.00
Apr 16 2019 06:40pm
Quote (fender @ Apr 16 2019 06:53pm)
ah, my second favourite stalker. person who just posts in this thread to share their feelings about me, contributing literally nothing to the topic, accuses others of butthurt. doesn't even realise how ridiculously hypocritical that is. "time to see a doctor" indeed... get well soon.

listen, poo boy - i know this is incredibly difficult for you to understand, but diversity of opinion and freedom of speech does not mean you're entitled to people agreeing with your shitty opinions. at no point have i ever questioned or threatened your right to hold them, i'm just telling you they are retarded. it's not my fault you lack the intellect (or at the very least the honesty) to make that distinction.

i just don't understand why that upsets you. i'd get it if they had offered the money either way and there was a direct decision between donating it to the needy OR rebuilding notre dame cathedral, but that's obviously not the case.
by that logic you could oppose any funding or donations made to cultural institutions as long as there is any suffering in the world.

and this is coming from someone who thinks religion is stupid...

I'm not sure who these people are, maybe they are donating millions of dollars to the poor and starving around the planet? I don't know.
Shit I don't even know if these people are Christians, but I'm sure Jesus would love the concept of donating hundreds of millions of dollars to rebuilding a fallen structure over using all that money to actually try to help people in this world.

Basically my point is, all I'm reading is "pray for france" etc etc.
No one died.
An old iconic church burned, whoop de doo. Sucks.
No. One. Died. Who the heck are we praying for?

This post was edited by Bassist on Apr 16 2019 06:44pm
Warn: 40%
Apr 16 2019 08:04pm
Quote (Bassist @ Apr 16 2019 04:40pm)
I'm not sure who these people are, maybe they are donating millions of dollars to the poor and starving around the planet? I don't know.
Shit I don't even know if these people are Christians, but I'm sure Jesus would love the concept of donating hundreds of millions of dollars to rebuilding a fallen structure over using all that money to actually try to help people in this world.

No one died.

Wtf i love late term abortions now
Gold: 35.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 16 2019 08:17pm
Buildings have feelings too. Paris be burning quite a bit lately it's a shame especially because this is turning out to be an accident. Sucks
Rest in Paris.
Gold: 35.00
Warn: 20%
Apr 16 2019 08:19pm
Quote (Bassist @ Apr 16 2019 08:40pm)

No one died.

The people lose lives during construction. Highways dams skyscrapers. That's how much humans love buildings. Risk life and limb for their construction and maintenance. This really is a tragedy
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 16 2019 09:02pm
If it was actually an intentional act of terrorism, would French officials have any reason to lie and say it was an accident?
Gold: 28,296.69
Apr 16 2019 09:35pm
Blaze Media host Glenn Beck said the devastating fire the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris was France's "World Trade Center moment" during his program's commentary segment on Monday.

“This is their 9/11,” Beck said. “This is a world landmark and probably, next to the Eiffel Tower, the most iconic building in all of France, and more important than the Eiffel Tower."

Beck also speculated that the fire may have been intentionally set by "Islamists," despite fire officials ruling out arson.

There has been no evidence presented to link the fire to any sort of terrorist threat. But Beck argued that if there were it would be kept "quiet."

“If this was arson this is going to be bad,” he said. “It might have just been started by a cigarette, we don't know. But if this was started by Islamists, I don't think you'll find out about it, because I think it would set the entire country on fire. They've had killings, they've had mass shootings, they've had people running people down in the streets — the tension is very high."

“This is their World Trade Center moment, and if this was done by terrorists I think that they will keep it quiet," Beck added.

One firefighter was injured but no one else was hurt in the fire, according to Reuters.

Birther Beck may not have the platform and audience he once did for his conspiracies but that ain't gonna stop him from carrying on the good Lord's work
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1161718192021Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll