d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Would Anyone Mind? > Pointers / Feedback
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 55,868.18
Mar 28 2019 06:50pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 28 2019 03:15pm)
That is more like it, finally, all it took was a post from me for everyone to jump in to give advice (other than Cartrack).

As my post indicated, it was referring to Magician build only, others have chosen to go with simple Barbarian and Fighter for starting out (or Rogue), so, my advice still stands if wanting to go with a Magician... you are better off going Melee / Heal build over Cast / Heal build... the EE Staves are cheap, but, there is a downside once you unlock Samurai.

Even with a melee / heal magician, you can still opt to increase intelligence and just use your base dex/str stats using EE staves, thus, if you get into a group at higher levels, you can still opt for casting (using white charms if no cheap ee ones) and healing. Only abilities change the dynamics here, personally (my own opinion), you don't really need any abilities when solo'ing, but, Salvation is the one I like the most.

Yeah.....I’m pretty sure OP was the reason people are posting here and not you....but anyways.....

I’m going to disagree with the idea of going with a meleee/heal magician for a few reasons:
1. Strength is the lowest statistic on a magician. He would need some serious strength main charm/armor to offset this. Also, padded robes/robes are weak which means he will need to go to town ALOT in order to stay alive
Mar 28 2019 08:44pm
2. On top of needing to buy high ee staffs (which cost almost the same as high ee clubs) he will need high level heal charms which are costly and kind of hard to find. A barbarian or fighter or rogue does not need a heal charm to survive.

3. A barb rogue fighter can wear any type of armor. Ee plates or chains are a lot cheaper than ee robes. Same for strength plates vs strength robes. A magician can only wear padded robe or regular robe.
Gold: 8,698.33
Mar 28 2019 09:01pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Mar 29 2019 01:50pm)
Yeah.....I’m pretty sure OP was the reason people are posting here and not you....but anyways.....

I’m going to disagree with the idea of going with a meleee/heal magician for a few reasons:
1. Strength is the lowest statistic on a magician. He would need some serious strength main charm/armor to offset this. Also, padded robes/robes are weak which means he will need to go to town ALOT in order to stay alive

Ummm... you know Staves are dexterity based right? Why the fuck would he want strength?

Quote (CARTRACK @ Mar 29 2019 03:44pm)
2. On top of needing to buy high ee staffs (which cost almost the same as high ee clubs) he will need high level heal charms which are costly and kind of hard to find. A barbarian or fighter or rogue does not need a heal charm to survive.

3. A barb rogue fighter can wear any type of armor. Ee plates or chains are a lot cheaper than ee robes. Same for strength plates vs strength robes. A magician can only wear padded robe or regular robe.

You need to learn the game better, your debate is pointless when you show you know nothing about a magician or using staves.
Mar 28 2019 11:08pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Mar 28 2019 04:50pm)

Ohh whoops change all this to say dexterity instead of strength and you’ll see that ALL my points are still valid!

Or you could ignore me and listen to the “expert” of ladder slasher.....good luck finding dexterity robes!!!!
Mar 28 2019 11:35pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Mar 29 2019 06:08pm)
Ohh whoops change all this to say dexterity instead of strength and you’ll see that ALL my points are still valid!

Or you could ignore me and listen to the “expert” of ladder slasher.....good luck finding dexterity robes!!!!

My first two(2) words when I quoted you at the start: "Great Advice", I wasn't wrong in what I stated. Out of all the advice given, I reflected what can be done with a Magician either solo or group even with junk gear... why does he need Dex robes? Did you read any of the advice I gave him? He doesn't have to improve on Melee damage by using any dex items, just EE staves. Again, he can increase his casting power by increasing his intelligence and not rely on EE heal or casting charms... he can use same tier level items without EE and still be effective.

Those were my points. Not better gear, just use what is available and improve later on.
Gold: 248,047.40
Mar 29 2019 07:21am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 28 Mar 2019 17:15)
That is more like it, finally, all it took was a post from me for everyone to jump in to give advice (other than Cartrack).

As my post indicated, it was referring to Magician build only, others have chosen to go with simple Barbarian and Fighter for starting out (or Rogue), so, my advice still stands if wanting to go with a Magician... you are better off going Melee / Heal build over Cast / Heal build... the EE Staves are cheap, but, there is a downside once you unlock Samurai.

Even with a melee / heal magician, you can still opt to increase intelligence and just use your base dex/str stats using EE staves, thus, if you get into a group at higher levels, you can still opt for casting (using white charms if no cheap ee ones) and healing. Only abilities change the dynamics here, personally (my own opinion), you don't really need any abilities when solo'ing, but, Salvation is the one I like the most.

Under no circumstances should you follow the advice in the above post...

Going melee mage is absolutely retarded. If you want to go melee/off-healer you want to play rogue.

P.S. Your post had nothing to do with other people posting advice besides the fact we had to include more information than if you had posted something useful to start with.

This post was edited by Cheeya on Mar 29 2019 07:21am
Mar 29 2019 03:51pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 28 2019 09:35pm)
My first two(2) words when I quoted you at the start: "Great Advice", I wasn't wrong in what I stated. Out of all the advice given, I reflected what can be done with a Magician either solo or group even with junk gear... why does he need Dex robes? Did you read any of the advice I gave him? He doesn't have to improve on Melee damage by using any dex items, just EE staves. Again, he can increase his casting power by increasing his intelligence and not rely on EE heal or casting charms... he can use same tier level items without EE and still be effective.

Those were my points. Not better gear, just use what is available and improve later on.

I could see this working in a group where he focuses on intel just for the sake of healing but solo he would get destroyed in my opinion
Mar 29 2019 04:12pm
Quote (Cheeya @ Mar 30 2019 02:21am)
Under no circumstances should you follow the advice in the above post...

Going melee mage is absolutely retarded. If you want to go melee/off-healer you want to play rogue.

P.S. Your post had nothing to do with other people posting advice besides the fact we had to include more information than if you had posted something useful to start with.

The only thing retarded is undermining any advice or input that works. That is why I never counter argued any advice given from others unless it was false, like Staves being dexterity based and someone pointing out they needed strength gear. I did not state pure melee, that is your assumption. Learn to read, also be mindful that people have their own opinions but it doesn't detract from the advice of others.
Mar 29 2019 09:47pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 29 2019 02:12pm)
The only thing retarded is undermining any advice or input that works. That is why I never counter argued any advice given from others unless it was false, like Staves being dexterity based and someone pointing out they needed strength gear. I did not state pure melee, that is your assumption. Learn to read, also be mindful that people have their own opinions but it doesn't detract from the advice of others.

I wonder if anyone has used starter gear on a semi melee or pure melee magician and managed to solo with it to lvl 71?
Mar 29 2019 10:17pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Mar 30 2019 04:47pm)
I wonder if anyone has used starter gear on a semi melee or pure melee magician and managed to solo with it to lvl 71?

People don't play bufcore anymore, game is way easier now.

EDIT: Bufcore was played climbing to 71 with self found gear only, even mages were used. I completed mine with a guardian.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Mar 29 2019 10:19pm
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll