d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev17374757677173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 17 2019 09:41am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 17 2019 09:39am)
The Chicago Mayor and the entire Chicago Police force seem to disagree.

"innocent until proven guilty" isn't an opinion, it's a fact of law and constitutionally bound.

the opinions of Rahm and the cops aren't, nor are they even necessarily admissible as evidence in court, Rahm's especially.

so we're in agreement that Jussie is innocent in the same way that Donald Trump is, legally. and we likely have different opinions about how guilty DT is in reality, but the same opinion of how guilty Jussie is in reality. correct?
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 17 2019 09:45am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 17 2019 11:41am)
"innocent until proven guilty" isn't an opinion, it's a fact of law and constitutionally bound.

the opinions of Rahm and the cops aren't, nor are they even necessarily admissible as evidence in court, Rahm's especially.

so we're in agreement that Jussie is innocent in the same way that Donald Trump is, legally. and we likely have different opinions about how guilty DT is in reality, but the same opinion of how guilty Jussie is in reality. correct?

...until proven guilty. Did you READ any of those articles concerning this? <--- rhetorical question, ofc.
I'm just the messenger of this news. I haven't even picked a side yet. All we know is that there is now PROOF that the State's Attorney said in text messages that Smollette lied to the cops. That's it.
Gold: 2,009.99
Apr 17 2019 09:48am
Apr 17 2019 09:53am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 17 2019 09:45am)
...until proven guilty. Did you READ any of those articles concerning this? <--- rhetorical question, ofc.
I'm just the messenger of this news. I haven't even picked a side yet. All we know is that there is now PROOF that the State's Attorney said in text messages that Smollette lied to the cops. That's it.

You keep conflating Jussie's guilt/innocence as proven under the law with the DA's.

BOTH Jussie and Donald are currently innocent under the law, aka the category where "innocent until proven guilty" matters, as you proved when you referenced private citizens' opinions with Rahms and the cops.

i'm not sure why, twice now, you've said "dont shoot the messenger". i said, 3 times now, that i think Jussie is guilty. so let me say for the first time, apparently, that i think Foxx handled the case wrong, and likely in an illegal manner. and yet, smollet hasnt been proven guilty, just as DT hasn't, bereft of the treatment of the cases by Mueller, Foxx, or Barr. they are one in the same, regardless of how they make you feel on their own.
Apr 17 2019 10:03am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 17 2019 11:53am)
You keep conflating Jussie's guilt/innocence as proven under the law with the DA's.

BOTH Jussie and Donald are currently innocent under the law, aka the category where "innocent until proven guilty" matters, as you proved when you referenced private citizens' opinions with Rahms and the cops.

i'm not sure why, twice now, you've said "dont shoot the messenger". i said, 3 times now, that i think Jussie is guilty. so let me say for the first time, apparently, that i think Foxx handled the case wrong, and likely in an illegal manner. and yet, smollet hasnt been proven guilty, just as DT hasn't, bereft of the treatment of the cases by Mueller, Foxx, or Barr. they are one in the same, regardless of how they make you feel on their own.

OK.. last time. Comparing the two cases is ludicrous. The ONLY thing they have in common is no one has been convicted.
As for this latest news on the Smollette case. Foxx texted that message after the Smollette trial had started, and before it ended. The folks who wrote the articles... seem to be implying that there might have been a mistrial. I'm not saying diddly...yet.
Yes, what Foxx did was illegal and she will probably suffer. But IF they consider what she texted as insider information...

Now back to the topic.

Apr 17 2019 10:06am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 17 2019 10:03am)
OK.. last time. Comparing the two cases is ludicrous. The ONLY thing they have in common is no one has been convicted.
As for this latest news on the Smollette case. Foxx texted that message after the Smollette trial had started, and before it ended. The folks who wrote the articles... seem to be implying that there might have been a mistrial. I'm not saying diddly...yet.
Yes, what Foxx did was illegal and she will probably suffer. But IF they consider what she texted as insider information...

Now back to the topic.

https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/stg041719dAPR20190417034507.jpg

"innocent until proven guilty" applies to all cases tried in the US court system, bereft of differences between the cases.

and still applies in the case of a mistrial, because he still isn't guilty until a new trial is held and a jury of his peers convict him. if it came out tomorrow that Barr mishandled the summary would you say Donald Trump is guilty? or innocent?
Apr 17 2019 10:14am
Let's see...

Barr mishandled the summary, or the Dems/left are still up to their old BS? Hmmm.... I think I'll pick the Dems/left are still up to their old BS. I mean the fact that just as the right was accusing Clinton of illegal things that she WAS actually doing... AND just as Hillary lost by electoral vote, we get accusations of Trump colluding with Russia. Hmmm?

Oh, and I almost forgot... Mueller himself said numerous times that he didn't think that T%rump was going to turn out to be guilty.

I think I'll go with... Trump is actually innocent of doing things he didn't do, and the Dems/left are VERY guilty of wasting taxpayers money, the govts. time, and actually created the so called evidence they used to make the Trump accusation. Yeah... that's my pick.

/e I mean if Trump had won the popular vote...it might even be believable that there was some hanky panky... But he LOST the popular vote. Am I expected to believe that the Electoral college is able to be influenced by... Russia? Lol?

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 17 2019 10:16am
Apr 17 2019 10:16am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 17 2019 10:14am)
Let's see...

Barr mishandled the summary, or the Dems/left are still up to their old BS? Hmmm.... I think I'll pick the Dems/left are still up to their old BS. I mean the fact that just as the right was accusing Clinton of illegal things that she WAS actually doing... AND just as Hillary lost by electoral vote, we get accusations of Trump colluding with Russia. Hmmm?

Oh, and I almost forgot... Mueller himself said numerous times that he didn't think that T%rump was going to turn out to be guilty.

I think I'll go with... Trump is actually innocent of doing things he didn't do, and the Dems/left are VERY guilty of wasting taxpayers money, the govts. time, and actually created the so called evidence they used to make the Trump accusation. Yeah... that's my pick.

i didn't ask for your opinion. i know that. i knew it before the Jussie case dropped and I knew it before Trump won.

i asked you to recognize that currently, legally, under the US constitution, neither Donald Trump NOR Jussie Smollet is guilty of anything. they are both the same, right now, legally, under the law, under the US constitution. correct? a simple yes or no will suffice.

Am I expected to believe that the Electoral college is able to be influenced by... Russia?

is it easier to scam a whole nation with fake information or just 3-4 key battle ground states?

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 17 2019 10:18am
Apr 17 2019 10:28am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 17 2019 12:16pm)
i didn't ask for your opinion. i know that. i knew it before the Jussie case dropped and I knew it before Trump won.

i asked you to recognize that currently, legally, under the US constitution, neither Donald Trump NOR Jussie Smollet is guilty of anything. they are both the same, right now, legally, under the law, under the US constitution. correct? a simple yes or no will suffice.

is it easier to scam a whole nation with fake information or just 3-4 key battle ground states?

The whole nation.
Apr 17 2019 10:29am
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 17 2019 10:28am)
The whole nation.

So it's easier to trick 100 people in a group compared to 40 people in 4 separate groups?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17374757677173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll