d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Block People From Viewing Your Threads
Prev1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 940.73
Mar 19 2019 01:39am
Quote (MylesLux @ Mar 18 2019 11:35pm)
And restaurants are usually owned by someone else that isn't running the restaurant and they can close the restaurant down whenever they feel like it. But the people working in the restaurant matter, and if they're being harassed by people that aren't even customers, they have a rite to ban those people from the restaurant, it does not effect business whatsoever. I've had to ban people from my restaurants for stalking my servers. Has it effected business? No.

You're also assuming that people are gonna ban entire servers from their threads, from what it seems you were suggesting. Which i highly doubt would ever happen. This is for personal conflicts, which for a single person, don't happen every single day.

D2jsp is not a safe space, if you have issues with socializing it’s probably not an ideal place for you to be.
Gold: 1,150.07
Mar 19 2019 01:40am
Quote (GoblinSlayer @ Mar 19 2019 12:39am)
D2jsp is not a safe space, if you have issues with socializing it’s probably not an ideal place for you to be.

Shakin' in ma' boots
Gold: 9,205.00
Mar 19 2019 03:02am
Quote (MylesLux @ 19 Mar 2019 10:35)
You're also assuming that people are gonna ban entire servers from their threads, from what it seems you were suggesting. Which i highly doubt would ever happen. This is for personal conflicts, which for a single person, don't happen every single day.

I'm just going to leave the restaurant example alone, as it's getting a little ridiculous.

Personal conflicts, like the ones you're talking about, are very common
It's mainly because people are assholes, yet want to be treated with respect.

Nobody just comes to lowball every thread you make if you act nicely yourself.

Giving power to normal members of the site should always be very limited, otherwise there will be abuse.
You don't understand that but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter as these ideas tend to be turned down no matter what the poll says.
Mar 19 2019 03:10am
Quote (HardyTarget @ Mar 19 2019 02:02am)
I'm just going to leave the restaurant example alone, as it's getting a little ridiculous.

Personal conflicts, like the ones you're talking about, are very common
It's mainly because people are assholes, yet want to be treated with respect.

Nobody just comes to lowball every thread you make if you act nicely yourself.

Giving power to normal members of the site should always be very limited, otherwise there will be abuse.
You don't understand that but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter as these ideas tend to be turned down no matter what the poll says.

Not true at all. I have multiple examples of people lowballing my threads for ridiculous reasons. Why i made the signature, and why RubyS and others brought it up. But since you don't spend your time following my posts, or even trade in west ladder, you wouldn't know that.

And how is it "Giving power"? You're literally just making a block list for threads you post. Where could the abuse of power happen? Blocking everyone so no one can view your threads?
Making a thread about said person, that's clearly against the rules even w/o the block list? There's no real abuse of power. Its more so just to avoid unnecessary spam in ones trade threads. What BAD could come out of this? Other than people being able to avoid spam & conflict when they're just trying to trade their items?
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Mar 19 2019 03:18am
Quote (MylesLux @ Mar 19 2019 05:10am)
Not true at all. I have multiple examples of people lowballing my threads for ridiculous reasons. Why i made the signature, and why RubyS and others brought it up. But since you don't spend your time following my posts, or even trade in west ladder, you wouldn't know that.

And how is it "Giving power"? You're literally just making a block list for threads you post. Where could the abuse of power happen? Blocking everyone so no one can view your threads?
Making a thread about said person, that's clearly against the rules even w/o the block list? There's no real abuse of power. Its more so just to avoid unnecessary spam in ones trade threads. What BAD could come out of this? Other than people being able to avoid spam & conflict when they're just trying to trade their items?

Block the users from pm.

Report spam in your threads.

Don't respond to spam.

It's easy, it's simple, it works.
Mar 19 2019 03:25am
Quote (D_urRRR @ Mar 19 2019 02:18am)
Block the users from pm.

Report spam in your threads.

Don't respond to spam.

It's easy, it's simple, it works.

Pm'd yakir about said "spam" he said as long as its an fg offer no matter what it is, or how they're going about it. It's not spam. As long as there's an offer.

Mar 19 2019 09:46am
Quote (MylesLux @ Mar 19 2019 05:25am)
Pm'd yakir about said "spam" he said as long as its an fg offer no matter what it is, or how they're going about it. It's not spam. As long as there's an offer.

Those users aren't doing anything wrong.
Gold: 9,025.34
Mar 19 2019 09:58am
Quote (D_urRRR @ 19 Mar 2019 16:46)
Those users aren't doing anything wrong.

They are intentionally lowballing, which is bm, which is bad.

just because its not againts jsp rules, it doesnt mean its not wrong anyways.

Its just hard to moderate and rule on what considered a true offer or intentional lowballing, kinda sure thats why its not punishable by mods ~ (could be wrong ofc)

This post was edited by Formee on Mar 19 2019 10:02am
Mar 19 2019 10:06am
Quote (Formee @ Mar 19 2019 11:58am)
They are intentionally lowballing, which is bm, which is bad.

just because its not againts jsp rules, it doesnt mean its not wrong anyways.

Its just hard to moderate and rule on what considered a true offer or intentional lowballing, kinda sure thats why its not punishable by mods ~ (could be wrong ofc)

And you can intentionally ignore the lowballs.

People can offer what they feel is best, people can sell their item for what they feel is best.

At no point will any of you make sense. The issue here is getting bothered over offers. Don't want offers on anything you're selling? Don't post it.

Again, ignore the "spam" lowball offer and keep bumping the topic until you get these so called "real" offers, even though a lowball is still an offer.
Gold: 9,025.34
Mar 19 2019 10:09am
Quote (D_urRRR @ 19 Mar 2019 17:06)
And you can intentionally ignore the lowballs.

People can offer what they feel is best, people can sell their item for what they feel is best.

At no point will any of you make sense. The issue here is getting bothered over offers. Don't want offers on anything you're selling? Don't post it.

Again, ignore the "spam" lowball offer and keep bumping the topic until you get these so called "real" offers, even though a lowball is still an offer.

lowballing intentionally CONTINUOUSLY is still not nice and considered bm regardless if he ignores or not those offers, at no point you can proove this statement wrong.

e/ yeah free bumps, i dont need free bumps in my paid topic forexample : ) i would like to decide when i wanna bump it.

This post was edited by Formee on Mar 19 2019 10:26am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev1234Next
Closed New Topic New Poll