d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Leaving Neverland
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23.00
Apr 4 2019 07:26am
Quote (Marieusz @ Apr 3 2019 05:21pm)
Nothing in this documentary made me believe he is guilty, in fact 99% of the evidence is overwhelming in MJ's favour. No new evidence was introduced other than someone who already testified nothing happened is now claiming the opposite, someone who just happens to be in a bad financial situation unlike before.

The 2 people in the documentary already filed a lawsuit in 2013 for monetary gain which was dismissed by a judge.

Read the court transcripts, don''t watch documentaries, ever. We should have learned that from Martin Bashir. Wade testified under oath, as an adult in separate trial, that nothing happened.

These new allegatons from Wade, after claiming MJ was "the pure goodness of human kind", came after he begged the MJ Estate for a directing job on the Michael Jackson ONE Cirque du Soleil Show.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0Q8S_wW0AMCeud.jpg

in 2011 he was in a bad financial situation, he started selling many of his possessions. He asked for it to be kept anonymous but the MJ estate didn't, this angered him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0Q7rQvWsAAkKv5.jpg

There is so much more to this story that was never told, but guess what, like the Jussie Smollet situation, we just won't ever know. It is very easy to attack MJ though, he lived such a strange lifestyle and had clear arrested development.

It will keep flip flopping back and forth, many more documentaries will come out in the future, none will add anything new.

Did you really just say we will never know about Jussie Smollet....

MJ has reasonable doubt but only a retard would think Smollet didn't orchestrate his own demise.
Gold: 1,902.28
Apr 4 2019 09:36am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Apr 4 2019 11:26am)
Did you really just say we will never know about Jussie Smollet....

MJ has reasonable doubt but only a retard would think Smollet didn't orchestrate his own demise.

Know =/= think

I think you've missed ny point.

You could create 2 documentaries about Jussie Smollet, both approached with complete opposite motives, omitting or selecting any information they want to frame the narrative. Take 2 groups of people and show one documentary to each. The majority of those people, without reading further into the case for themselves, will believe he is guilty or innocent purely on the one-sided information that has been presented to them.

When there is no proof you can't have closure, all you get is opinion. Some people will read into a case and educate themselves (which I think happens more in todays society then ever before), some will just receive spoonfed information, which can be completely biased, and believe it unequivocally.

This post was edited by Marieusz on Apr 4 2019 09:37am
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 5 2019 03:48pm
Quote (Marieusz @ Apr 3 2019 05:21pm)
Nothing in this documentary made me believe he is guilty, in fact 99% of the evidence is overwhelming in MJ's favour

My gut instinct after watching it is to agree with you, but your statements are a bit strong for me.

What the documentary did show (with proof of things that were out in the open, not mere allegations) was that these kids and their families were treated in ways that were consistent with the pattern that peodphiles typically use to manipulate their targets. Obviously, that does not constitute proof of a crime. It would not hold up in court (as it didn't when the trial occurred). However, circumstantial evidence like that does impact my personal opinion.

After seeing everything that's been available to me so far, my best guess conclusion is that Jackson was guilty of molesting some of the kids but not others. In some cases he worked his manipulation/seduction process to its conclusion. In others, he never made it that far. Something happened to stop him. Perhaps his work schedule got in the way, the kids or their parents pulled away or the necessary opportunities never arose.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 6 2019 07:56pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 5 2019 02:48pm)
My gut instinct after watching it is to agree with you, but your statements are a bit strong for me.

What the documentary did show (with proof of things that were out in the open, not mere allegations) was that these kids and their families were treated in ways that were consistent with the pattern that peodphiles typically use to manipulate their targets. Obviously, that does not constitute proof of a crime. It would not hold up in court (as it didn't when the trial occurred). However, circumstantial evidence like that does impact my personal opinion.

After seeing everything that's been available to me so far, my best guess conclusion is that Jackson was guilty of molesting some of the kids but not others. In some cases he worked his manipulation/seduction process to its conclusion. In others, he never made it that far. Something happened to stop him. Perhaps his work schedule got in the way, the kids or their parents pulled away or the necessary opportunities never arose.

Agreed. Seems fairly obvious to me what happened with some of the kids. Jackson was a pedophile and his behavior is textbook for how these individuals act. I still havent watched the documentary and I doubt it'll change my opinion one way or the other.

Got a good chuckle at the "we will never know on Smollet" post. If you wanna be a dick about it, technically we will never *know* anything, but conclusions, weak, strong or somewhere in the middle, can be drawn off the information we have available to us and that case in particular was laughably transparent. I still have no fucking idea why/how they just let him off the hook for that shit... absolutely ridiculous.
Gold: 25.20
Apr 6 2019 08:48pm
I never pay attention to any of this shit because you only ever know what people show you.

All you can ever do is assume things so it's better to just say you don't know.

This post was edited by FroggyG on Apr 6 2019 08:51pm
Gold: 8,698.33
Apr 7 2019 03:42am
The main problem is this, because he is well known as a great artist he got targeted by his own antics and peoples' view of these antics are base on their own upbringing.

Let me put it this way, your best friend, mother, father, brother, sister, nun, priest next door neighbour could be a pedophile, how would you know, shit you could be one yourself, no one would know... the thing is, he is famous, and all the show does is represent the possibility that he is or isn't based on your own opinion.

Mine is simple... he could be, he may not be, the only people that know the truth are the ones that he didn't or did the atrocities with.
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 7 2019 06:34am
Quote (FroggyG @ Apr 6 2019 10:48pm)
so it's better to just say you don't know.

Quote (izParagonzi @ Apr 7 2019 05:42am)
he could be, he may not be, the only people that know the truth are the ones that he didn't or did the atrocities with.

These attitudes are why the doc felt so meaningful to me. As my first post here mentioned, before this doc I had just assumed that everyone knew he had molested kids (basically like an OJ situation where the actual verdict didn't impact my opinion). This doc definitely moved my opinion from "guilty" to "undecided". That's a big shift.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll