d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Looking For Lessons To Prepare Me For Wow Classic > Hi
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 98,155.09
Mar 5 2019 02:09pm
I'm a Diablo 2 player and have been for years. Never touched wow but since classic is coming I thought it will be a good idea to have a go.
not sure what class to go for but I'm mostly doing this for the pvp aspect. I will be willing to pay for lessons for a reasonable price
ty
Gold: 255.05
Mar 6 2019 02:41am
Just go to youtube man. There are tons of guides for new players!
Gold: 4.20
Mar 6 2019 04:01am
Quote (RaynePayce @ Mar 5 2019 09:09pm)
I'm a Diablo 2 player and have been for years. Never touched wow but since classic is coming I thought it will be a good idea to have a go.
not sure what class to go for but I'm mostly doing this for the pvp aspect. I will be willing to pay for lessons for a reasonable price
ty

You won't even be close to kill an old player if ur first wow experience is in classic.
Play in current servers before and experience pvp
Gold: 477.02
Mar 7 2019 01:46am
I cleared Naxx last month. What do you want to know?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 9 2019 07:12am
Vanilla wow is very very simple
It's just very time consuming - Or well it can be
It all depends on how you enjoy the game, what your goal is with it
If it's to be a competitive raider, then be prepared for the grind or pay2win
But try to google it is still possible to play vanilla :P
Gold: 950.13
Mar 11 2019 01:16pm
Just like in original vanilla or the current vanilla servers there will be no safe guards in place to keep the battle grounds from being held by twinks. As a new player you will get 1 shot killed all day.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 11 2019 02:57pm
PVP in original WoW is/was WAY different than it is in today's game. You should go and check out youtube on some guides though.
Original WoW is time consuming as all hell too, be prepared for the grind :P
Gold: 2,692.00
Apr 6 2019 12:14pm
Quote (RaynePayce @ Mar 5 2019 02:09pm)
ty

Your best bet is to find someone with some Vanilla WoW experience and simply level up with them. Keep in mind that hitting level cap will take anywhere from 5-10 days of /played time. So expect 2-8 weeks of IRL time depending on how frequently you're playing and for how long. You'll learn most of what you need to know simply through the leveling process. For useful macros and addons, there will likely be guides available once WoW Classic is released.

If you're looking at Classic primarily as a PvP game, rogues are a solid option. There are 2 types of PvP. WPvP and BGs. WPvP or World Player vs. Player is just running around being a douchebag and killing unsuspecting and unprepared players. I don't really see the appeal of it, since you're never really in danger of "losing" that sort of PvP, but rogues excel at ganking other players, so if WPvP is what you want, rogues are the way to go. Of course, other classes are capable of griefing other players as well. Priests, for example, can Mind Control an opponent and run them off a cliff or drown them at the bottom of a lake, causing the opposing player to die from environmental damage and thus take a durability hit to their gear. For BGs (battlegrounds, or organized PvP with objectives), healers and warriors need a partner to pair up with in order to be most effective. Mages, Warlocks, Hunters and Rogues can get by just fine solo. For Warsong Gulch (one of the battlegrounds), Druids can also do just fine solo, as they're nearly impossible to run down or crowd control.
Gold: 1,107.43
Apr 6 2019 12:25pm
Lol
Gold: 473.00
Apr 6 2019 06:25pm
I'm not sure if it is allowed but private realms are fun to prepare
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll