d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Hurlwind > Throw Barb
Prev189101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.95
Mar 10 2019 09:14am
Quote (15bucks @ Mar 9 2019 09:49pm)
Any ideal of what my Entering hell gear should be?

My Guess

Helmet - Arreats / Guli / +2 barb Rare helmet
Armor - Treachery / Duress / Shaftstop
Belt - String of Ears / Razortail
Rings - Ravenfrost / ML Ring
Gloves -20 IAS Blood Craft gloves / Laying of the Hands
Boots - Goblin toes / Gore riders
Ammulet - Blood craft amy / cats eye (frw/ias/dex)
Weapon 1 - Deathbit / Blood Craft Hurlbat
Weapon 2 - Deathbit / Blood Craft Hurlbat

Switch Weapons - +3 warcries Sticks (once Lem is found for Lawbringer merc)

Act 5 Merc Gear:

Weapon - Lawbringer (Legend Sword) (-15 weapon speed)
Armor - Treachery (45 ias)
Helmet - Guli Helmet / LL helmet

For some reason i can't find IAS tables on a barb or act 5 merc (which ive heard is the same)
Is double throw IAS the same as normal IAS ???

Found out some research, not sure if im right tho, lol.

act 5 merc (dont need 15% ias jewel in helmet)
no difference between 45 % & 60% if hes using legend sword (still going to be 5 frame either way)

How much AR should i need in hell?

With double throw i already have 6.5k (each skill invested in double throw skill adds 100-150 AR)
With double throw maxed i will have 7.5k - 8k AR (not counting ravenfrost)

Was hoping to get around maxing Double Throw but it seems i will need the AR with the gear im planning on using unless i find some Nice AR charms
Mar 11 2019 07:20pm
Finally got a descent roll after doing the den , so i kept this..

Merc armor upgrade

Done a baal run to gain some levels, Paid off big time !!!

Currently level 76

Baal Run situations
wave 1 = alright
wave 2 = big pain in the ass until i get can not be frozen (for me & merc)
wave 3 = alright if i seperate
wave 4 = Descent if i seperate atleast half away from wave boss
wave 5 = Scary movie unless i seperate to 2-3 at a time
Baal = waste of time - takes 10-15 minutes minimum and shit drops
Mar 12 2019 06:21pm
First 2 runs of the day gave me back to back gem shrines in the same exact spot !!!

2nd run of the day, unique ring & GC from a chest

Ring was worth holding on to for now :) pretty sure im not going to need it on this barb tho. Gonna need AR/LL/ML kind of rings
Mar 12 2019 06:25pm
LL/ML belt, stashed for now until i find my definite source of ML when i tranfer to lawbringer merc

FLAMING PARTY !!!! Looked like atleast 20-25 lords in that 1 area..

Great Craft. bad rolls..

Getting tired of meph runs already and im probably no more than 20 runs in..
This will push me back to my Other walk thru in no time !!
Gold: 756.00
Mar 13 2019 02:42am
Neat idea, haven’t seen a throwbarb walk here :) I’d heard they can be slow going.

Good luck, hope ya find what you’re looking for.

This post was edited by Mukhalif on Mar 13 2019 02:42am
Gold: 278.00
Mar 13 2019 08:51am
Love dwarf star. Nice pvm ring, extra tankiness and 100% goldfind
Gold: 822.00
Mar 17 2019 11:50am
Quote (15bucks @ 10 Mar 2019 02:49)
For some reason i can't find IAS tables on a barb or act 5 merc (which ive heard is the same)
Is double throw IAS the same as normal IAS ???

(Just skip to 3:55)
Double Throw does not share IAS breakpoints with Attack/Throw.

Quote (15bucks @ 10 Mar 2019 16:14)
Found out some research, not sure if im right tho, lol.

act 5 merc (dont need 15% ias jewel in helmet)
no difference between 45 % & 60% if hes using legend sword (still going to be 5 frame either way)

Barbarian mercenary employs the skills Attack (two attacks per sequence), Bash and Stun.

You can look up the IAS breakpoints: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Barbarian_(mercenary)#Attack or https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Barbarian_(mercenary)#Bash_and_Stun
That is the minimum Increased Attack Speed required to reduce the number of frames in the attack animation and thus increase attack speed.

Frames: Total denotes the number of frames required for the animation: Attack or Bash/Stun.
Frames: Action denotes the frame within the animation in which the actual attack takes place; Attack has two action frames, one for each attack in the sequence.
EIAS [Effective IAS] - you don't need to worry about that here; consult the following page if you wish to read about it: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Attack_speed

Weapon speed=-15 for Legend Sword (Weapon speed = WSM [Weapon Speed Modifier]).
Look at the corresponding column(s) to determine attack speed.

Quote (15bucks @ 10 Mar 2019 16:14)
How much AR should i need in hell?

With double throw i already have 6.5k (each skill invested in double throw skill adds 100-150 AR)
With double throw maxed i will have 7.5k - 8k AR (not counting ravenfrost)

Was hoping to get around maxing Double Throw but it seems i will need the AR with the gear im planning on using unless i find some Nice AR charms

Currently I would invest 20 points in Double Throw and, if necessary, adjust it with a respec later on after acquiring better equipment and charms.
Sources of Cannot Be Frozen: https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cannot_be_Frozen

Quote (15bucks @ 13 Mar 2019 01:25)
Getting tired of meph runs already and im probably no more than 20 runs in..
This will push me back to my Other walk thru in no time !!

Post #92 displays an excellent map, and Mephisto deserves further punishment :angry:

This post was edited by Quorra on Mar 17 2019 12:00pm
Mar 17 2019 12:12pm
Quote (Quorra @ Mar 17 2019 01:50pm)

Currently I would invest 20 points into Double Throw and if necessary adjust it with a respec later on after acquiring better equipment and charms.

Post #92 displays an excellent map, and Mephisto deserves further punishment :angry:

Mr. Google to the help !!!
That video didnt solve the double throw part, but I did manage to use that calculater... But when I get back to this character I will definitely look back into the setups.

I would love to put points into defensive skills instead of double throw for AR, so I could tank meph and be able to kill him a little faster instead of towning for mf gear at end.
And yes mephisto deserves alot more punishment !!!! Just need to adjust gear for more mf without jeopardizing death.
Gold: 756.00
Apr 12 2019 08:54am
Totally forgot you’d started one of these - good read so far!

I’ve started a throw barb recently, still figuring a number of things out. Lacerator + Warshrike would be GG of course. Don’t know if Razortail is worth aiming for over SoE, or if CB (Gores, Gtoes, Gulli etc) is worth having as it’s gonna be mostly ranged. Totally didn’t think of doing blood crafts, aha, good call.

Still playing this toon or are you on the classic barb?

This post was edited by Mukhalif on Apr 12 2019 08:57am
Apr 12 2019 09:03am
Quote (Mukhalif @ Apr 12 2019 10:54am)
Totally forgot you’d started one of these - good read so far!

I’ve started a throw barb recently, still figuring a number of things out. Lacerator + Warshrike would be GG of course. Don’t know if Razortail is worth aiming for over SoE, or if CB (Gores, Gtoes, Gulli etc) is worth having as it’s gonna be mostly ranged. Totally didn’t think of doing blood crafts, aha, good call.

Still playing this toon or are you on the classic barb?

Got this char to NM meph grinding and kill speed on P8 is horrible so i got bored and started to play others.. Getting stuck at NM meph grind over and over is horrible, especially if it takes 10 minutes per round with near 0 MF..
Good Luck with yours and i will defniitely tune in and check it out to see how your doing !!!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev189101112Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll