d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Football And Rugby General Chat 3.0 > Music,food,chit Chat
Prev1520521522523524699Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 79,366.46
Jan 17 2020 12:20am
Quote (Article @ Jan 17 2020 01:08am)
Just make an Arena account cuz it literally costs nothing. Do the daily challenges, stack your coin and don’t spend and stick to the few decks you like. You can do drafts probably once a week for free and idk. I highly recommend arena, it’s sweet and I haven’t spent a dollar on it.

All I do is draft though. I just don't have interest in constructed (except for commander, but I don't get to play that much these days).

Arena sounds kind of crappy for draft, at least from what I hear. It's less about technique and more about exploiting the bots.
Gold: 3,059.01
Warn: 10%
Jan 17 2020 12:21am
Quote (Terps @ Jan 16 2020 11:20pm)
All I do is draft though. I just don't have interest in constructed (except for commander, but I don't get to play that much these days).

Arena sounds kind of crappy for draft, at least from what I hear. It's less about technique and more about exploiting the bots.

Idk, I do a draft or two every week. I’ve done irls and they’re cool but meh. Prefer tournament standard. A free app that has draft included I mean why wouldn’t you DL, Especially with a new set coming out
Jan 17 2020 12:38am
Quote (Article @ Jan 17 2020 01:21am)
Idk, I do a draft or two every week. I’ve done irls and they’re cool but meh. Prefer tournament standard. A free app that has draft included I mean why wouldn’t you DL, Especially with a new set coming out

Honestly, I mainly do the mocks on DraftSim.com

It's quick and I don't have to pay for it at all (gems or w/e, no grinding). Don't have to keep going through with a shitty draft if I don't like it.

Plus Arena teaches you to do things that don't transfer to real life when it comes to draft. So that would be bad for me.

Now that I've studied up, I'm mainly just doing Draft Sims to learn the cards.
Jan 17 2020 01:07am
Quote (Terps @ Jan 16 2020 11:38pm)
Honestly, I mainly do the mocks on DraftSim.com

It's quick and I don't have to pay for it at all (gems or w/e, no grinding). Don't have to keep going through with a shitty draft if I don't like it.

Plus Arena teaches you to do things that don't transfer to real life when it comes to draft. So that would be bad for me.

Now that I've studied up, I'm mainly just doing Draft Sims to learn the cards.

What does arena teach that doesn’t translate (in case I ever go back)
Jan 17 2020 01:12am
Quote (Article @ Jan 17 2020 02:07am)
What does arena teach that doesn’t translate (in case I ever go back)

As an example from the previous set, the bots totally undervalued Merfolk Secretkeeper, so you could just force mill and get 5-8 of those commons and everybody would just play mill. Or in Ravnica Allegiance, everyone could just force Gate decks because the bots totally ignored gates and gate payoffs.

So as a consequence, you come to expect cards to wheel that won't, or you take certain cards too early. It throws off your own personal card rankings. Plus you can just keep doing the one thing that works instead of reading signals, adapting to what's open, and learning how to draft and play all of the draft archetypes.

Like at the end of Eldraine, I was kicking ass every week because I knew how to read signals and play the open color. I knew which cards were good for a given archetype, and I could play anything with confidence.
Gold: 886.30
Jan 17 2020 03:33am
Quote (Terps @ Jan 16 2020 06:00pm)
MTG prerelease tomorrow for the next set, Theros: Beyond Death.

Doing my homework now so that I can pwn some rands over the weekend and get my money back in winnings.

Ima be there. As usual I'm spending my weekend at pre release and taking Sunday off. Hipedjlly it's as fun as eldraine was.

Jan 17 2020 07:50am
Quote (xXMilfhunterShawnXx @ Jan 17 2020 02:33am)
Ima be there. As usual I'm spending my weekend at pre release and taking Sunday off. Hipedjlly it's as fun as eldraine was.

🐀🧀
Gold: 0.00
Jan 17 2020 07:58am
Quote (Terps @ Jan 16 2020 08:00pm)
MTG prerelease tomorrow for the next set, Theros: Beyond Death.

Doing my homework now so that I can pwn some rands over the weekend and get my money back in winnings.

Black seems like the strongest color for draft imo

Quote (Article @ Jan 16 2020 09:12pm)
Time for me to remake my grey merchant of asphodel deck 😡

Quote (Article @ Jan 16 2020 10:40pm)
My best deck ever was a gray merchant/whip of Erebus combo that would be an 8 point life swing every whip. Master of the feast and mogis maurauder for beef. Hero’s downfall and bile blight for removal. Was my best deck ever, haven’t been the same since.

Right now my deck (I’m high gold on Arena, haven’t IRLd in a few seasons.)

Is a lifesteal deck based off aerialists and ajani pridesmades. With 1 drop lifelink sprinkled in to snowball the win con creeps. With the 3 drop Sorin planeswalker and Bolas citadel as the ultimate win-con.

Wondering if gray merchant can fit in this deck or if I need to retool it to mono black, where it seems to work best.

People are already building mono black decks around Gary and they seem like fairly strong decks, wouldn't be surprised to see some version of it be meta soon. I'm sure you can get an orzhov list to work tho, just go light on the W
I usually like to play gruul or mono g, which don't seem like they're gonna do very well in standard rn, idk tho I'm gonna wait for the meta to settle a bit before crafting anything besides the dual lands
I just hope they bring ranked historic back soon, made top 50 Mythic the last 2 months playing mono g

This post was edited by zX_THC_B0NG_RiPZZZ_420_Xz on Jan 17 2020 08:00am
Gold: 28,103.00
Jan 17 2020 07:00pm
Quote (Terps @ Jan 17 2020 12:12am)
As an example from the previous set, the bots totally undervalued Merfolk Secretkeeper, so you could just force mill and get 5-8 of those commons and everybody would just play mill. Or in Ravnica Allegiance, everyone could just force Gate decks because the bots totally ignored gates and gate payoffs.

So as a consequence, you come to expect cards to wheel that won't, or you take certain cards too early. It throws off your own personal card rankings. Plus you can just keep doing the one thing that works instead of reading signals, adapting to what's open, and learning how to draft and play all of the draft archetypes.

Like at the end of Eldraine, I was kicking ass every week because I knew how to read signals and play the open color. I knew which cards were good for a given archetype, and I could play anything with confidence.

Are these new pokemon?
Gold: 0.00
Jan 17 2020 07:31pm
Quote (Terps @ Jan 16 2020 11:12pm)

Bronate plz lol

This post was edited by TheBrownHole on Jan 17 2020 07:32pm
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1520521522523524699Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll