d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Football And Rugby General Chat 3.0 > Music,food,chit Chat
Prev1398399400401402699Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 849.09
Oct 17 2019 06:17pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Oct 17 2019 07:20pm)
Anyone watch El Camino yet? GF is out of town Friday so I'm going to be productive after work and then watch that. Sorta pumped

It was pretty good. Nothing special, but it wasn’t bad by any means.

If you enjoyed breaking bad then definitely watch it. It’s a movie, but really it’s just a few extra episodes at the end.

My one thing with BB is that it just doesn’t make sense how the rednecks are the final antagonists and best out Gus and the freakin organized crime plus cartel. But that’s irrelevant when watching El Camino.
Gold: 39,837.69
Oct 17 2019 06:21pm
Quote (Zigity @ Oct 17 2019 07:17pm)

If you enjoyed breaking bad then definitely watch it. It’s a movie, but really it’s just a few extra episodes at the end.

My one thing with BB is that it just doesn’t make sense how the rednecks are the final antagonists and best out Gus and the freakin organized crime plus cartel. But that’s irrelevant when watching El Camino.

This.

It’s just a 2 hour episode to close out Jesse’s story.

I liked it
Gold: 166.00
Oct 17 2019 07:12pm
Quote (Terps @ Oct 17 2019 03:16pm)
So I've been in talks with a friend about getting a job as a tech writer with the government. My friend is a project manager doing scientific research pertaining to surveillance and GPS technology. They are speculating on requesting funding from the government to hire a tech writer, but they want to know that they have a tech writer on-the-ready before they request funding.

Anyway, they outsource hiring duties to a recruiting service. A recruiting service representative contacted me today over the phone to gauge my interest. Eventually we had to talk salary, which I was totally unprepared to do (I didn't think they'd discuss this right up front tbh). I replied that I honestly didn't know; I'd have to look into it. He asked if something in the range of 90-110 would interest me. My initial thought was "dollars?" lol, but obviously he was talking per year and I was pretty flabbergasted. I'm making a pittance working as an adjunct at HCC. I'd be happy with like 50k/yr which is even on the low end for an entry-level position lol (I mostly just want experience tbh). 90k is unfathomable.

There's going to be waaaay more qualified and accomplished applicants than me, so I guess we'll see how much it comes down to it being "not what you know but who you know."

I hope I didn't fuck up already by not demanding a certain salary. It is what it is, I guess.

Must not be much work if they're barely offering 6 figures
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 17 2019 09:36pm
Quote (Terps @ Oct 17 2019 01:16pm)
So I've been in talks with a friend about getting a job as a tech writer with the government. My friend is a project manager doing scientific research pertaining to surveillance and GPS technology. They are speculating on requesting funding from the government to hire a tech writer, but they want to know that they have a tech writer on-the-ready before they request funding.

Anyway, they outsource hiring duties to a recruiting service. A recruiting service representative contacted me today over the phone to gauge my interest. Eventually we had to talk salary, which I was totally unprepared to do (I didn't think they'd discuss this right up front tbh). I replied that I honestly didn't know; I'd have to look into it. He asked if something in the range of 90-110 would interest me. My initial thought was "dollars?" lol, but obviously he was talking per year and I was pretty flabbergasted. I'm making a pittance working as an adjunct at HCC. I'd be happy with like 50k/yr which is even on the low end for an entry-level position lol (I mostly just want experience tbh). 90k is unfathomable.

There's going to be waaaay more qualified and accomplished applicants than me, so I guess we'll see how much it comes down to it being "not what you know but who you know."

I hope I didn't fuck up already by not demanding a certain salary. It is what it is, I guess.

I mean, of course there are people more qualified, but I'm assuming your friend has worked with you directly, or at least knows you well enough to know that the position would be a breeze for you? Knowing someone counts for a lot more than experience, especially if that person is a higher up. Hopefully you land it, if not for long-term, at least to help you stack your resume and fluff up your savings account. Best of luck Terps.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 17 2019 10:31pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 17 2019 07:36pm)
I mean, of course there are people more qualified, but I'm assuming your friend has worked with you directly, or at least knows you well enough to know that the position would be a breeze for you? Knowing someone counts for a lot more than experience, especially if that person is a higher up. Hopefully you land it, if not for long-term, at least to help you stack your resume and fluff up your savings account. Best of luck Terps.

Durrrrr.....
Gold: 10.55
Oct 18 2019 11:41am
Quote (Zigity @ Oct 17 2019 05:17pm)

Quote (EmericAn @ Oct 17 2019 05:21pm)
This.

It’s just a 2 hour episode to close out Jesse’s story.

I liked it

yup agreed. I liked it, was interesting and a little different than what we're used to with BB. But overall it was good.
The dude who plays the vacuum salesman/new identity guy died on the day the movie was released, and i thought his character was exceptional even in BB.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 18 2019 11:56am
Quote (AB75 @ Oct 18 2019 03:11pm)
yup agreed. I liked it, was interesting and a little different than what we're used to with BB. But overall it was good.
The dude who plays the vacuum salesman/new identity guy died on the day the movie was released, and i thought his character was exceptional even in BB.

Go back to world of warcraft
Gold: 74.00
Oct 18 2019 12:01pm
Quote (Terps @ Oct 17 2019 10:16pm)

Sounds great, best of luck

Gold: 100.00
Oct 18 2019 12:21pm
Quote (Terps @ Oct 17 2019 04:16pm)

you could afford to buy so much fg :drool:
Gold: 15.20
Oct 18 2019 01:57pm
Sup guys

Thought I would stop by and say hi and see how everyone is doing. Doing better myself, seeing a therapist once a week now and he has me trying different techniques and stuff for my anger

PC took a shit on me so mainly been playing on my 360 .
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1398399400401402699Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll