d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > The Best Poll Ever > You Must Check This
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 100,558.02
Feb 16 2019 05:11pm
Throwing this out there, this is not directed towards anyone specifically, so don't feel offended.

I'm just pointing out that even really simple suggestions like mine about games being able to have names ( which has like 40 yes 7 no votes or so ) and maybe a few others like making TDs clickable so you can enter one on a phone etc, aren't being implemented for months and probably won't be for years. I'm talking about suggestions that don't even change the gameplay or drop rates or anything like that. Nic said in my other topic that this suggestion has already been made before and he also wants it and I'm sure there have been others like it that have been around for years and still haven't been done.

Can someone name any idea, even a simple one like these, that has been added to the game? Wouldn't Paul add some of the older ones when he did the update if he agreed with them?

Almost all of the changes that were made were "unwanted". By that I mean the general public was not asked if it agrees with them. I'm not just talking about the "bad" ones, there are a lot of good ones that I don't really care about, but we didn't get to chose. And as for a few of the "bad" ones, I'm sure 99% of the people wouldn't agree with them if they got to chose, but they were done anyway.

So who is in control of what happens with ladder slasher? Is it solely Paul, or is it a group of people that should remain unknown? ( Don't kill me, I don't care if you tell me, I don't wanna know, just saying )

That being said, do you guys think any of your suggestions, specially the complicated ones, have any chance of ever being implemented? When was the last time ANY of your suggestions were added to the game even if they had 5000 yes votes? The game hadn't been updated for years and when it finally was, Paul did whatever he felt like doing. Like he should have ofc..

I could come up with dozens and dozens of suggestions, but no one is asking me. Don't know why people in LS feel like somebody cares about their input to the game. You don't go PMing GGG or Epic games or whatever you play randomly and tell them you have new suggestions for their games. We're not playing beta or working as game testers for LS. I'm not saying I don't agree with some of ideas, but ultimately it doesn't matter.

IF Paul publicly says he's looking for help or new ideas for the game and makes a topic some day, then feel free to post anything you want. But until then I don't really see the point. And I'm sure he already has people he trusts who'll help/test things for him.

Gold: 6,376.70
Feb 16 2019 05:24pm
Voted Null.

Ultimately, after a decade on the game, it's my belief that Paul has his own vision of what he wants to see happen. Occasionally he implements suggestions, sometimes he does the reverse. Truthfully, I don't see suggestions hurting, but I wouldn't count on them being implemented if they run counter to what Paul's long term vision of the game is.

He pays attention, we know that much. But why would you think that even QOL suggestions have a right to be implemented if they might cause a negative impact to future plans to the game?
Gold: 433.48
Trader: Trusted
Feb 16 2019 05:26pm
people have spoken

:locked:
Gold: 79,066.03
Feb 16 2019 07:42pm
Sellable whites was the most recent public suggested thing to get added to the game (to my knowledge).

I have had Paul comment on one of my suggestions that it was a complete no go atleast on current platform.

Paul did say that he would consider the transmuting changes that were suggested like a year ago if all the top muters agreed... but there were like 2 people that said no so Paul didn’t make the changes.
Gold: 6,376.70
Feb 16 2019 07:50pm
Quote (hasteful @ Feb 16 2019 06:42pm)
Sellable whites was the most recent public suggested thing to get added to the game (to my knowledge).

I have had Paul comment on one of my suggestions that it was a complete no go atleast on current platform.

Paul did say that he would consider the transmuting changes that were suggested like a year ago if all the top muters agreed... but there were like 2 people that said no so Paul didn’t make the changes.

To list a few:
1. Market transfers. The first method of transferring items between characters that didn't require another to purchase and send back. Basically the end to sniping of anything other than guild transfers.
2. Vault/Guild Transfers. Workable way to store mass amounts of gear, and SAFELY transfer to guildmates.
3. Nerfing dex/lifesteal combo, so they weren't so overpowered that nobody wanted anything but.
4. More doors/more classes, because people were tired of resets only taking a month or two.
5. Proficiencies. People felt that their overall body of work didn't matter, they wanted a long-term benefit to their time other than gear.
6. PVP Arena betting (which has since been removed). We loved especially low level dueling. I personally won thousands of fg through it. It was fun!
7. Removal of PVP. It was useless, and didn't fit with the current model of the game. We all hated it, and hated that it took so much time and distracted so many people.
8. Cutting down what could have an impact on unspawnable-type items to remove the absolutely overpowered nature of ee, mpk/mpa lpk/lpa, and lifesteal on items no player has been able to find since... 2007 I think? I forget.

There are hosts of other player suggestions through the years that have been implemented. One could argue that they would have anyway. Perhaps you're correct. I doubt it though.
Gold: 8,701.18
Feb 16 2019 11:19pm
He adds his twist to suggestions that he may like, but, doesn't implement them the same way, like Doppelganger to Mirror Maze.

I also believe that other suggestions that were directly mentioned to Paul via another chat platform and PMs were also included in to the game, but, because they were not posted in Ladder Slasher, there is no way it can be verified... this is just from old discussions with many other people.

Mini Map got reduced in size because of Datis having a level 150 - 200+ character making a game and you ended up exploring the mini map off map and literally getting lost in the maze, it was funny as trying to eat a frozen pie.

The 2 man bridging method was made redundant when Paul introduced Create Group level higher than 5 levels of character level. This method used to be a way to bring in different level characters to make a group in the old days... a level 46 would join a level 53... slightly higher/lower than 5 levels.

High Level character lost experience gain until level 65 upwards (Talking about level 150+) while helping group from level 1 to 71. Also, no drop rule when high level character killed below level, but that did not interest Datis when he would regularly help people get from 1 to 71.

There are a lot of other changes that are not suggested here and have been pointed out to Paul and he has made those changes.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 16 2019 11:21pm
Gold: 20,001.09
Warn: 30%
Feb 17 2019 02:09am
When Njaguar was working on both rewrites he seemed to be listening and adapting to people's suggestions but then it got out of control. Soon he was putting out new patch notes and things that we didn't like appeared and we started complaining.

He grew impatient and said fuck it. He probably thought, "I haven't updated this game in years and when I do they just complain" so he stopped contacting the community. I admit that I complained A LOT about the fish change and I am a part of the reason why he stopped but it was a community effort. If we didn't like something that he changed it's important to speak up and hopefully he might think about reverting. He may have listened to ideas to implement but once he implemented something he wasn't going to change it.

We all were very hungry for new content so of course we followed every post he made anxiously. In the end we irritated him into self exile. Could we have been more reserved? Yes. Could he have been more comprehensive and patient with the community as well? Yes. He made changes that made hardcore more difficult and every single hc player complained out the ass about the changes. I would have too if I was hardcore but hardcore is supposed to be hardcore not easy core so it makes sense to be harder.

All we can hope for now is that he softens up a bit and comes back to contact with the community and eventually gives us events :D .
Gold: 4.80
Feb 17 2019 02:14am
Quote (Bob888 @ 17 Feb 2019 09:09)
I am a part of the reason why he stopped but it was a community effort.

when you say community, do you Mean Cheeya, Iz-para(Rex), Cartrack and you ? we all blame you 4

Paul if you see this, we as the rest of the community, do not blame you for leave in such a hurry, these kids were pure aids. we understand you.. but please come back, d ont let 4 guys ruin it for the rest of us who play your most amazing game.

Please come back and fix my pass blockage, 3 seasons stuck on Headhunter, with most climbs of everyone, seeing tons of people get alchemist before they have done 70 climbs..

This post was edited by TTim on Feb 17 2019 02:21am
Gold: 20,001.09
Warn: 30%
Feb 17 2019 02:26am
Quote (TTim @ Feb 17 2019 06:14am)
when you say community, do you Mean Cheeya, Iz-para(Rex), Cartrack and you ? we all blame you 4

Paul if you see this, we as the rest of the community, do not blame you for leave in such a hurry, these kids were pure aids. we understand you.. but please come back, d ont let 4 guys ruin it for the 16 others who play this game

There are easily 50-100+ players that play this game not 16. It was much more than just 4 people. I'm sorry that you didn't participate with the beta testing in any way. I spent a lot of time on the beta server. I gave a lot of my opinions and most things were not implemented of course which is fine. You can't get everything you want.

Look at the last page of the beta testing thread:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79186498&f=272&o=680

He's in the middle of updating things and you are asking for a time frame on the events. You had been around for 2 months and inquiring on timelines for Njaguar's plans. You don't think that contributed to him being annoyed? You are just as much to blame. Shame on you! You're welcome community.
Gold: 4.80
Feb 17 2019 02:53am
Quote (Bob888 @ 17 Feb 2019 09:26)
There are easily 50-100+ players that play this game not 16. It was much more than just 4 people. I'm sorry that you didn't participate with the beta testing in any way. I spent a lot of time on the beta server. I gave a lot of my opinions and most things were not implemented of course which is fine. You can't get everything you want.

Look at the last page of the beta testing thread:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79186498&f=272&o=680

He's in the middle of updating things and you are asking for a time frame on the events. You had been around for 2 months and inquiring on timelines for Njaguar's plans. You don't think that contributed to him being annoyed? You are just as much to blame. Shame on you! You're welcome community.

i think that question was pretty legit, and i am pretty sure, compared to so many other surgestions etc, this one was actually 100% justified, and something EVERYone wanted to know his plans about.

i mostly restrained myself from being anything but a reader of comments during the rewrite(as i was a new slasher on the block, and didnt rly have any questions/surgestion about/to the game) but a few guys goes on and on with questions, surgestions etc etc. i was def. not one of em.

Stay real, Stay floki

This post was edited by TTim on Feb 17 2019 03:00am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll