d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Omad/keto Is The Real Deal > Hello
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 9 2019 01:29pm
went from 245 to 227 pounds in 25 days

eating 1 meal a day on a keto diet

did 2 cheat meals of around 3000 calories with shit tons of carbs

and i did a 48h fast during the 1st week of this diet helped a shit ton to reach ketosis fast

basicly did 3 days omad then 48h fast then back omad and after 2 weeks had my 1st cheat meal

if anyone needs tips

let me know

goal is 185 pounds hopefully by summer end or sooner

still losing weight pretty fast when i dont do cheat meals cheat meals usally set me back 3 days

227 right now next week should be around 222-223 i dont expect to lose as much weight now but still around 3-5 pounds per week

also 1 thing to note i had 3 wisdom teeth removed and stopped going to the gym basicly right when i started the diet so my muscle mass decreased quite a bit

gona start going back to the gym soon having a knee and shoulder issue that stops me from doing basicly anything

Gold: 32,090.31
Feb 9 2019 02:32pm
Having knee and shoulder problems.

Doesn’t eat properly for healing.

Keto is dumb.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 9 2019 03:51pm
Who knew that eating less calories would result in weight loss. This is one of the greatest and new scientific discoveries.
Gold: 4,386.00
Feb 9 2019 05:37pm
Lol

I get almost every body measurement imaginable taken multiple times a year at the Mayo Clinic. I haven’t lifted weights regularly in over three years. I’ve lost only a small amount of lean muscle mass, and I am a relatively fit guy with good muscle mass.

Sorry to sound like a snob but it’s such a big peeve of mine reading and listening to people talk about nutrition. You are in need of losing weight because you ate too much and almost certainly had poor nutrition. There’s zero clinical proof that fasting does anything beneficial for your body’s health. You’re simply not eating therefore not adding calories. Of course it will kick start a weight loss spree. Along with fasting is with these fad diets like a ketosis centric one. The best thing you can do in your case is to eat regularly, excercise regularly and try to follow something like a Mediterranean diet. Stop overthinking everything and just change your bad habits. Counting the days and weeks and over analyzing progress is not a good tactic. You need to change your lifestyle, put it on cruise control and don’t look back.
Feb 9 2019 06:42pm
Best advice for losing weight is to find a food schedule you like and can maintain for a longer period of time. And yeah, change your lifestyle. It's all about calories in and out
Feb 10 2019 02:35am
theres a shit ton of scientific proof that fasting is beneficial for the body not only that carbs/sugar/processed food is linked to way more diseases then anything else out there people with diabetes,arthritis,cancer,high tension etc. research it up before bashing something that has be proven and researched on.

also i did the normal diet everybody is doing eating 3 meals a day working out

basicly vegetable chicken rice dinner oatmeal breakfast or eggs etc etc

i was in a calorie deficit obviously lost like 1- 1.5 pound a week

cooking 3 times a day eating 3 times a day minimal results still eating carbs relying on carbs for energy that shit was terrible

omad keto 1 meal a day around 1500-1800 calories in 1 big meal feel full never hungry when fasting main source of energy fat

i did workout twice at the start of this diet and i felt amazing not tired at all then i stopped because of 2 minor injuries i had carried on for a while wich i tought would heal with time but they did not seing a chiropractor now getting better

so when i see the comments above treating me like i know nothing about dieting or my body and what i know works from experience like i have done 0 research and just tried something out of the blue like pls

keep in mind i still eat 1500-1800 calories a day everyday and i only did 1 48h fast to help me reach ketosis faster during those 25 days i had 2 cheat meals of over 3000 calories with carbs wich made me go out of ketosis for at least 3 days each time and i still lost 18 pounds

so for people saying i dont eat i do eat and i eat a good amount of calories its just in 1 meal and my digestion has never been better i digest food in a heartbeat and i never feel tired when digesting food

gona make it simple for anyone who does not want to read

omad keto 1 meal a day 1500-1800 calories not working out currently healing 2 minor injuries 2 cheat meals a month of over 3000 calories lost 18 pounds in 25 days minimal loss in muscle mass improved digestion improved energy and most important fat as fuel not carbs so far easiest most effective diet i have ever tried also the amounts of benefits from this diet is just insane read on it not here to educate people

This post was edited by Booyaka on Feb 10 2019 02:43am
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 10 2019 12:39pm
Quote (Booyaka @ Feb 10 2019 04:35am)
theres a shit ton of scientific proof that fasting is beneficial for the body not only that carbs/sugar/processed food is linked to way more diseases then anything else out there people with diabetes,arthritis,cancer,high tension etc. research it up before bashing something that has be proven and researched on.

cooking 3 times a day eating 3 times a day minimal results still eating carbs relying on carbs for energy that shit was terrible

omad keto 1 meal a day around 1500-1800 calories in 1 big meal feel full never hungry when fasting main source of energy fat

i did workout twice at the start of this diet and i felt amazing not tired at all then i stopped because of 2 minor injuries i had carried on for a while wich i tought would heal with time but they did not seing a chiropractor now getting better

so when i see the comments above treating me like i know nothing about dieting or my body and what i know works from experience like i have done 0 research and just tried something out of the blue like pls

keep in mind i still eat 1500-1800 calories a day everyday and i only did 1 48h fast to help me reach ketosis faster during those 25 days i had 2 cheat meals of over 3000 calories with carbs wich made me go out of ketosis for at least 3 days each time and i still lost 18 pounds

so for people saying i dont eat i do eat and i eat a good amount of calories its just in 1 meal and my digestion has never been better i digest food in a heartbeat and i never feel tired when digesting food

omad keto 1 meal a day 1500-1800 calories not working out currently healing 2 minor injuries 2 cheat meals a month of over 3000 calories lost 18 pounds in 25 days minimal loss in muscle mass improved digestion improved energy and most important fat as fuel not carbs so far easiest most effective diet i have ever tried also the amounts of benefits from this diet is just insane read on it not here to educate people

1800 calories a day when you're 220 pounds plus is a joke. Wow it must be magic you're losing weight by starving yourself.

I eat 3300 as maintenance as a 205 pound person.

Like I said there's nothing new about starving the body to lose weight. When calories out is greater than in you lose weight.

Improved digestion lol. Yeah I would assume when the body has nothing to digest it would seem that way. Anyone who's actually athletic and looking to maximize potential during that period would never consider this trash (majority speaking).

This post was edited by SBD on Feb 10 2019 12:42pm
Feb 10 2019 01:47pm
Quote (Booyaka @ Feb 10 2019 08:35am)

Yeah, because that's a healthy rate to lose weight.

1800 cals a week is killing your body composition... I'm eating 2800 cals a week and I'm averaging 1 lb a week loss... It's not a sprint man, it's a marathon.

And keto isn't necessarily dumb, but it follows the exact same concept... If you're in a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.. If you're doing keto correctly, have at it.. But most people I've seen doing keto eat a shit load of saturated fats and think pork rinds are a healthy alternative to a carrot.

Also, the only thing fasting does for your body is to help you control cravings of snacking... Its all about ritual and regimen, don't over complicate shit.
Gold: 0.20
Feb 10 2019 02:20pm
you only ate one meal a day for almost a month that's stupid af
Gold: 10,057.12
Warn: 50%
Feb 10 2019 05:12pm
Quote (Henchman21 @ Feb 10 2019 03:20pm)
you only ate one meal a day for almost a month that's stupid af

Doesnt matter as long as u get ur proteins ur fats ur simple sugars
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll