d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Pets > A Little Boston Terrier > :)
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 108.00
Jan 31 2019 07:31pm
I have a little Boston terrier who is about 4 ish range.. she has been potty trained since she was a baby... she was actually taken away from her mother at a young age so we had to bottle feed her.. as she grew older she has a need to suck and hump soft fuzzy blankets.. so wierd and funny at the same time.. shes very friendly and has grown up with my kids and its exciting to watch them grow up together..

About a month ago she started having accidents on our floor.. (pees) and its only at night time.. roughly 1am to 7am.. I let her out when I get home from work but still has accidents..

Took her to the vet and they determined it's a bladder infection.. gave her a round of antibiotics... finished them and same thing had been happening... so they decided another round of antibiotics and added a more enhanced type as well.. pill form.. through in a piece of Turkey and good to go.. lol :)

But second time around the vet said the urine sample came back and shes pre diabetic.. ph levels were low but not alot of sugar.. they are going to watch carefully and see what happens..

Any of you guys had any diabetic animals?? If so what did you guys do?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Feb 1 2019 07:34pm
if we would have left the canine alone it wouldn't have developed so many health problems.
but noooo we gotta have all breeds of dogs.
alot of them aren't healthy.
probably gotta give him medicine daily if i were to guess.
Gold: 616.00
Feb 4 2019 12:50am
Quote (TkThakilla @ Jan 31 2019 05:31pm)
I have a little Boston terrier who is about 4 ish range.. she has been potty trained since she was a baby... she was actually taken away from her mother at a young age so we had to bottle feed her.. as she grew older she has a need to suck and hump soft fuzzy blankets.. so wierd and funny at the same time.. shes very friendly and has grown up with my kids and its exciting to watch them grow up together..

About a month ago she started having accidents on our floor.. (pees) and its only at night time.. roughly 1am to 7am.. I let her out when I get home from work but still has accidents..

Took her to the vet and they determined it's a bladder infection.. gave her a round of antibiotics... finished them and same thing had been happening... so they decided another round of antibiotics and added a more enhanced type as well.. pill form.. through in a piece of Turkey and good to go.. lol :)

But second time around the vet said the urine sample came back and shes pre diabetic.. ph levels were low but not alot of sugar.. they are going to watch carefully and see what happens..

Aww sorry to hear that
Gold: 7,290.06
Apr 27 2019 05:36am
Quote (TkThakilla @ Jan 31 2019 08:31pm)

Change food. I had a Boston with that as well. She has a wonderful life and passed away naturally at 15 years old.
You need to watch her. She needs to relax. And vets are good to help in those cases when you can’t afford expensive lifestyle
Go Back To Pets Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll