d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Building A New Gaming Rig > Need Some Hardware Guidance
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 31 2019 02:47pm
Quote (LoRFate @ Jan 31 2019 01:55pm)
Thabks for the differing build options guys. My question, what would be the performance differences between the amd and intel CPUs?

Also is that amd CPU available to be overclocked?

Finally, is there restrictions to what CPU, mobo, ram, and GPUs can be paired together?

Intel is typically better for gaming, especially in DX11. That being said, it's also more expensive. If you're curious how much it will affect you, look up benchmarks on the specific games you want to play.
Yes, you can overclock that chip. It has it's auto-overclock features, but if you want to push a higher OC, you will want aftermarket cooling (this would be the case with AMD and Intel).
Only restriction is CPU and mobo combo's (you can't put an Intel CPU in an AMD motherboard, vice versa), but DDR4 ram and graphics cards are all standard, they will work with either system.
Also the rumors that pairing AMD with AMD (CPU and graphics will net better performance because of same brand compatibility is completely false).
Any combo of Intel, Nvidia, and AMD CPU and GPU will be compatible.
Gold: 18,352.00
Jan 31 2019 04:31pm
Additionally
Amd tends to dip much lower then intel does in fps.
Something to also take into consideration. Regardless of gpu.
Gold: 0.02
Feb 1 2019 01:01pm
https://www.techpowerup.com/251874/anthem-vip-demo-benchmarked-on-all-geforce-rtx-vega-cards
i mean
assuming you got
a crappy 1080p 60hz monitor
2060 be fine
and comes with free anthem
but a used 1080 be cheaper
Gold: 21,406.00
Feb 2 2019 11:23am
So I have taken some ideas form both builds and tried to complete a red black theme (I went a bit over budget, but whatever).
My cousing said I should buy a good PSU, as they have great warranties and can essentially last for years, however, the one I chose went up in price by like $30.

However, is this mobo and Intel CPU not compatible? There is an error message on PC Part Picker.

Also, please critique if I have done a poor job, and explain why I should change some hardware items.

Thanks again for all assistance guys, I really appreciate it.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/dJ4jD2
Feb 2 2019 12:23pm
no that mobo does not support intel chips.

Just do this.
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/NMjKD2

Larger rad, compatible mobo, lower price psu, rest same.
The psu I linked is more then enough.

The difference between the h500 and h500 i is an rgb led strip and a vertical mount.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 2 2019 05:43pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Feb 2 2019 12:23pm)
no that mobo does not support intel chips.

Just do this.
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/NMjKD2

Larger rad, compatible mobo, lower price psu, rest same.
The psu I linked is more then enough.

The difference between the h500 and h500 i is an rgb led strip and a vertical mount.

Wut, that's a b360, not a b350 (I know confusing naming between competitors, problem in and of itself).

@OP
If you're going to get an unlocked CPU (overclocking), get a mobo chipset that supports overclocking (z370).
A gold efficiency PSU is plenty for your system to be honest, no need to spend an extra $40. A good gold PSU will still outlive the rest of your components (be it they die from age or just become obsolete).
The radiator is completely preference, but I generally prefer air coolers. You can achieve the same cooling performance, quieter, and for less, with the main trade-off being some people don't like the looks (I think they look great if you get one that has a cover over the top, ie cryorig h7).
Like Arther said, all you gain by spending more on the "i" version of the case is a vertical gpu mount (not advised for cooling reasons), and an LED strip, but I don't think it's a diffused one so it can look kinda meh.
Feb 2 2019 05:58pm
wow, yeah my bad was super tired earlier.
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll