d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Need Help/few Questions. > Topic.
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,970.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 28 2019 11:45am

Hey guys Tampons, aka andrewxc before. i have a few questions.

I play d3 regular, flame if you must. etc.

so my questions are?:

1, Can you be power leveled in this game? if so how much is it?

2, Whats one of the better classes to start off with? any tips/help appreciated feel free to PM.

3, Unlike d3 i see a very large skill tree. should i be intimidated or is this actually a bit easier than it seems (read guides etc)

Again any tips/help would be greatly appreciated. yes im a noob. but we all have to start somewhere@!
Gold: 150.00
Jan 28 2019 02:24pm
1. It's so hard to keep up with power levling in this game. It's not impossible, but unlikey you'd find someone willing to.

2. Templar or Witch. Google arc guides.

3. It's quite easy to understand after a while. Follow guides and you'll get a hang of it in no time.
Gold: 9,205.00
Feb 2 2019 06:04am
Following a guide in the beginning is indeed recommended.
I don't think the starting class really matters as long as you're familiar with it and know what you're doing.

You can ask about powerlevel from those guys who do level services.
Usually there are a few of them in every temp league.
Gold: 5,353.45
Feb 18 2019 08:14am
Quote (Tampons @ Jan 28 2019 11:45am)
Hey guys Tampons, aka andrewxc before. i have a few questions.

I play d3 regular, flame if you must. etc.

so my questions are?:

1, Can you be power leveled in this game? if so how much is it?
Yes but like others said it's not worth it. You also lose the chance to learn the game along the way.

2, Whats one of the better classes to start off with? any tips/help appreciated feel free to PM.
Strongly recommend doing melee build before you know the game well. There are too many layers of defensive mechanism to deal with to build a successful melee build. It gets harder and harder pass act5.

3, Unlike d3 i see a very large skill tree. should i be intimidated or is this actually a bit easier than it seems (read guides etc)
What I would do -- play a couple toons till low-mid level. You probably will get to a bottleneck that stops you from progressing.....but you will get a hang of what you will encounter.
Then pick a "starter build" (don't pick low budget cuz low budget can still be unafffordable) that you like. (there are many viable ones other than arc)
The most interesting part of PoE imo is to make a successful build on your own....

Again any tips/help would be greatly appreciated. yes im a noob. but we all have to start somewhere@!

wiki helps too. There are lots of a-holes just like any other games....but also a lot of players that are willing to teach and coach, especially late in league where time isn't a big factor anymore.
/global 820 for rotation and challenge shares

get path of building for build planning. It's safe. (open source)

This post was edited by Sinman on Feb 18 2019 08:35am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic